Gene Hallberg and the Hallberg Family Foundation have again offered to match all donations that the FLLA can raise before August 1, 2021. This year, however, they have “upped the ante” and are pledging to match up to $12,500. So, for every dollar that the FLLA raises, the Hallberg Family Foundation will match 100 %, up to $12,500.
That means we have the opportunity to raise at least $25,000 to fund our significant efforts on Forest Lake.
We want this to be a success and with any campaign, it is important for people to know what they are donating towards. The FLLA board has approved the following dollar expenditure for 2021:
1. Expanded Eurasian Water Milfoil treatment - $18,200. Total cost to be approximately $80,000. Remaining dollars to be funded by Grants along with a contribution from the City of Forest Lake. Look for more information on this significant treatment coming soon.
2. Other AIS Treatment and Watercraft inspections - $6,500
3. Member communication/promotion - $4,000
4. Aquatic Vegetation Harvester - $18,700
5. Replacement Buoys - $1,000
6. Insurance, annual meeting, printing, professional services etc. - $5,500
Total FLLA expenditure in 2021 - $53,900
It is important to know that we cannot come close to relying solely on membership dues to fund these efforts. The success of the 2021 Hallberg Challenge is a critical piece to be able to make this level of funding commitment in 2022 and beyond, along with leveraging our relationship with local agencies and partners (DNR, Watershed, City of Forest Lake, and Washington County). This is why it is critical for the FLLA to continue to grow and expand our membership as this will only improve our ability to obtain critical funding moving forward.
We will also accept donations by check, which can be sent to: The Forest Lake Lake Association, P.O. Box 61, Forest Lake, MN 55025.
DonationsSee top donations
- Robert muske
- chris hoyt
- John Venables
- Susan Erickson
Fundraising team (2)
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more