Houston Women's March
Your donations will enable our local Houston free speech assembly to hire required certified peace officers to provide security as we gather at City Hall and register people to vote and encourage them to work for change. Additionally, your donation will help fund the Houston event website, sharing crucial information so participants are prepared to engage fully.
Your donation is critical. We can't gather without the peace officers, and we need your help to hire them.
"GoFundMe" asks us to explain:
1. Who we are: Robin Paoli, one of the Steering Committee Chairpersons for Houston Women's March.
2. Where you're from: I live and work in Houston, Texas, along with other Houston Women's March leaders.
3. Our relationship to the parties you're raising funds for: I am the Steering Committee Chairperson accountable to the March for stewarding the money raised and using it for... #4 below
4. How the funds will be used (be specific as possible)
hiring many peace officers (required!) for the safety of the marchers, event clean-up, City of Houston permits, the sound system, website, communications, event day support, and related items. All receipts and costs will be reviewed and approved by the Steering Committee and listed for donors.
5. We will withdraw the money to pay invoices for peace officers, event clean-up, permits, sound, website, communications, event day support, and related items. Any monies left over will be donated to the ACLU.
Thank you for making the Houston Women's March a reality!
* communications and
* CAST your ballots for the 2018 election.
6 days ago — a dozen women met at a coffee shop on the first day of a 3-day holiday weekend.
Tonight — thousands of RSVPs, hundreds of donors.
Tomorrow — The 2017 Houston Women's March.
Way to go, Houston.
YOU - your commitment, your generosity, has made this March possible. Together, Houston Marchers have achieved the fundraising goals for everything from peace officers to port-o-potties.
We're increasing the goal this morning in response to the request to establish an archive to gather your stories of "Why We March" -- photos, videos, audio recordings, poems, artwork, and potentially physical artifacts from the march (donated signs, t-shirts, etc.).
As always, from day one, all monies raised over and above the March expenses, will be donated to ACLU. ACLU is sending trained "legal observers" and their rigorous commitment to our liberties and freedoms protect our right to march.
From sea to shining sea, may we continue to be free.
Guys let me know how is it?? Who find WOMEN'S MARCH 2018 SPECIAL tees-hoodie...? here much more>>> https://teespring.com/stores/womens-march-official-store Great! rush shipping.
I'll donate $23 so long as I can open my foofoo hole and spray brown tuna into Bernie Sander's mouth.
As an old long time resident and radical in Houston, I can remember the days of the anti-Vietnam war movement and the civil rights struggles . While the demo was not as large as the past ones, it was still great Next time let's try to sing some old civil rights movement sons. Perhaps next time we should have groups of singers and talk to leap over the barriers with rights,