2019 Endo Walk Costs Fundraiser
As you may know, each year since 2015 Bloomin' Uterus hosts an Endometriosis Awareness & Support Walk. Every walk is free for attendees. And all past expenses and fees have come out of my pocket. Any donations received (through a separate gofundme campaign ) have gone directly to the Endometriosis Foundation of America...I didn't want to have it any other way.
Over the years, our walks have continued to grow in size. Which is absolutely incredible and wonderful!!! This year, our permit will allow us to have up to 300 attendees! However, due to the increased number of attendees, the permit requirements from the City of San Diego continue to increase...as do my personal expenses. So, this year, for the first time ever, I'm asking for your help.
The walk will go on regardless if I am able to recoup these costs. And I want to be clear: the funds donated in this campaign go into my grateful little bank account. I am not a 501(c)3 or non-profit organization. There is no tax benefit. These funds will never see the light of day with anything Endo-research related. If you'd rather donate to our fundraising campaign for the Endometriosis Foundation of America, please click here. But, if you'd like to help me recover from these personal expenses, I'd be so very grateful. It is our walk, after all. It always has been. Always will be. <3
Following are the itemized expenses I am seeking your help on covering this year:
1. Permit Fees: $249 through City of San Diego
2. Event Insurance costs: $201 through R.V. Nuccio & Associates, Inc.
3. Port-o-potty costs: $345 through Safiro Portable Toilets
4. Trash dumpster costs: $238 through Debris Box (price increase to reflect same-day delivery; receipt to be updated after the event)
5. Generator drip pan: $17.93 (generator being donated by a friend, but we required a drip pan per the City)
6. Yellow safety cones: $14.95 (safety cones required by City to barricade the dumpster and port-o-potties in the parking lot)
7. Yellow ribbon enamel pins: $69.90 (pins going to each EndoWarrior)
8. Yellow lanyards for name badges: $56.97
9. Pencils for Bingo: $12.99
10. Name Badge Holders: $35.98
11. 5' table: $42.72 (needed for check-in)
12. 4' table: $28.79 (needed for tattoo parlor)
13. Tablecloth: $11.25
14. Cable protector: $35.04 (required by City for generator cord)
15. FedEx charges: $48.97 (printing of name badges)
16. Office Depot charges: $57.42 (printing of Bingo cards; purchased more card stock)
17. Plastic sign holder: $11.03 (to display Thank You sign re: donors and volunteers)
18. Yellow Safety Pins: $14.98 (to secure toddlers/children name badges)
19. Temporary Tattoos: $33.94 (for whoever wants one)
Again, if I don't recover these costs, the walk will still go on!
I love our walks. And being with you gals and your friends and family. And I am so VERY excited that 2019's walk will be going forward.
Feel free to share this link if you wish. But if we reach $1,526, I'm closing this campaign. <3
And thank you! So much! For everything...