Bringing Cisco Home

$2,050 of $6,500 goal

Raised by 12 people in 1 month
Hello all. My name is Charlesynquette Duncan. My boyfriend, Casey Cain, and I planned a 6-month trip to Acapulco, Mexico. Two weeks into our trip, I found out I was pregnant. We decided to stay for the remainder of our trip, thinking we could leave to have our baby in the US. We did not foresee my doctor ordering me to bed-rest 4 months into our trip. Not only did this put us over our allowed time in Mexico, but we also had to deliver our beautiful baby boy, Cisco Ahimsa (born August 14th), here in Acapulco instead of in Florida. Since we are outside of the country, I was not able to use my insurance, and since we did not know we were going to be pregnant for our trip, we did not plan for hospital bills. Now we are stuck in Mexico until we can pay the hospital bills. We are also running dangerously low on the money we had saved for food, diapers, and insulin (Casey is diabetic). We want to get home to our families, especially since we have Cisco now. We are asking for $6500 USD to help pay for the hospital bills as well as insulin and our flight back to Florida. We are running out of time. We will also accept any crypto donations (addresses down below) if this is an easier alternative to USD. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!



BITCOIN CASH - qz2llen5cqp63guukdrrzk66m2xa4m7hxu6v46pqav


DASH - XyjG15MPfrDjFHbjhZZkd4ZmwA7NxfWUWW

ZCASH - t1JdTMbbaTUrogiWMBFKTS27b32UgzdnRX4
+ Read More
Thank you, thank you, thank you to all of you who have upvoted our original Steemit post and/or donated to Cisco's GoFundMe page. Words cannot describe how grateful and thankful we are to have such blessings bestowed upon us! Every cent has helped and will help us to get Cisco to the US.

We have a quick update from the Embassy that has not settled well with us... We are still waiting to hear back on Cisco's official status (meaning whether or not they will grant him citizenship and passport for travel). They have stated to us that there is no way they can expedite the process, if he gets citizenship, and that we would have to wait 4-6 weeks to receive any documents. No matter how many times we explain our situation to them, they just don't seem to understand (or possibly care or can't make an exception) that we cannot stay any longer (we cannot afford to!); we are already a month and a half over our stay.

We decided then to call the US Immigration Office, to see if we could possibly travel by land (by bus) to the border without Cisco's passport. We received information that all we would need for Cisco is his birth certificate issued by a Vital Records Office (which we have) and our passports to prove he is our child. We then took this information to the Embassy to see if we could have them ship his Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) and passport to Florida instead of Acapulco since we would not be in Acapulco to pick them up. Unfortunately, the Embassy informed us that the birth certificate would need to be a US birth certificate, even if he is a newborn, and that since he is technically "Mexican" (being born in Mexico), he is not allowed into the country without his CRBA and passport. So, we are seriously stuck here for another month to month and a half because our "Mexican" child cannot travel into the country where his US citizen parents have a permanent address.

Thank you again to everyone for helping out. We appreciate every positive comment and hope this all works out for the best. We will keep you all updated as everything unfolds.

Steemit Post:
+ Read More

$2,050 of $6,500 goal

Raised by 12 people in 1 month
Your share could be bringing in donations. Sign in to track your impact.
We will never post without your permission.
In the future, we'll let you know if your sharing brings in any donations.
We weren't able to connect your Facebook account. Please try again later.
Kathleen Blair
25 days ago
Richard Lytton
25 days ago
Carol Knight
27 days ago
Bob Stanley
28 days ago
Patricia Jaffee
28 days ago
ann hayes
28 days ago
Karen Longa-Dobies
29 days ago
carolyn stahl
1 month ago
Branden Holmes
1 month ago
Karmel Perran
1 month ago
Use My Email Address
By continuing, you agree with the GoFundMe
terms and privacy policy
There's an issue with this Campaign Organizer's account. Our team has contacted them with the solution! Please ask them to sign in to GoFundMe and check their account. Return to Campaign

Are you ready for the next step?
Even a $5 donation can help!
Donate Now Not now
Connect on Facebook to keep track of how many donations your share brings.
We will never post on Facebook without your permission.