Skip to content

All activity

    ❤️ JUSTICE FOR TASIA SIDEA FORTUNE — A MOTHER’S FIGHT FOR HER DAUGHTER ❤️ Some pain never goes away. Some questions keep a mother awake at night. And some things that happen to a child are so heartbreaking that a mother struggles to find the words to explain them. I am that mother. My daughter, Tasia Sidea Fortune, was 29 years old. She was a mother of four beautiful children, and she had a whole life ahead of her. She had faced struggles, including homelessness, but she was trying to rebuild her life. She had dreams, plans, and hopes for a better future. She wanted to get back on her feet. She talked about starting her own cleaning business. She was trying to move forward. As her mother, I wanted nothing more than to see her succeed, to see her happy, and to watch her build the life she deserved. Instead, I am left trying to understand how my daughter ended up dead, found hanging from a tree behind a vacant home in Jackson, Mississippi. No mother should ever have to live with that image in her mind. No family should ever have to endure this kind of heartbreak. THREE MEN CHARGED — AND STILL SO MANY QUESTIONS On September 25, a third man, Eric Clark, 45, turned himself in to authorities and was charged with murder in connection with Tasia’s death. On September 28, a judge set his bond at $5 million. He joins Jarques “Jock” Ratliff and Earnest Lloyd Jr., who have also been charged with murder in this case. Both were previously denied bond. At Clark’s court appearance, detectives presented additional testimony about the events leading up to Tasia’s death. According to testimony reported by local news, a witness said Tasia left a home with Clark and another man, but only the two men returned. Investigators also testified that shoes allegedly belonging to Clark were later found on Tasia’s body, and that DNA testing is being pursued. These are allegations and evidence still being investigated, not a determination of guilt. Police Chief RaShall Brackney has said investigators believe the scene where Tasia was found was staged. Authorities have also indicated that additional arrests may be forthcoming and that conspiracy charges may be considered as the investigation continues. As a mother, hearing these details is heartbreaking beyond anything I can describe. I keep thinking about my daughter. I think about what she may have experienced, what she may have been feeling, and how desperately I wish I could have been there to protect her. I cannot change what happened. But I can be there to hear the evidence, to follow this case, and to make sure my daughter’s name is never forgotten. Tasia deserves answers. Her children deserve answers. Our family deserves the truth. ❤️ THE FUNERAL IS PAID — BUT OUR JOURNEY IS NOT OVER Thanks to the kindness and generosity of everyone who donated to our original GoFundMe, Tasia’s funeral expenses have been taken care of and her children have money put up in accounts for their futures. I will never forget the people who helped us give my daughter the farewell she deserved. Every donation, prayer, share, and kind word helped carry our family through one of the darkest moments of our lives. But the funeral was only one part of this journey. The court proceedings continue, and I want to be there. I want to hear what is said in that courtroom. I want to follow the evidence. I want to be present as the truth comes to light. That means traveling to Mississippi, paying for gas and lodging, and taking time away from work. It also means finding a way to cope with grief that no mother should ever have to carry. Counseling may help our family, but it could become another expense if insurance does not cover it. That is why we are continuing to ask for help. Donations will go toward: - Travel expenses for court appearances, including gas and lodging. - Lost wages and time away from work so I can attend court. - Grief counseling and emotional support if not covered by insurance. - Other unexpected expenses related to this tragedy and the ongoing court process. I do not want finances to keep me from being there for my daughter. I want to be present. I want to hear the facts for myself. I want to keep showing up for Tasia. ️ PLEASE REMEMBER THE PERSON TASIA WAS Tasia was not just a story on the news. She was not just a name in a police report. She was not just a case moving through the court system. She was my daughter. She was a mother of four children who need their mother. She was a young woman who had struggled but was still trying. She had dreams that will never have the chance to come true. She deserved to grow older. She deserved more time with her children. She deserved the chance to build her business, to find peace, and to make the future she wanted for herself. Her life mattered. Her struggles did not make her any less deserving of love, safety, or a future. And the way she died should never be the only thing people remember about her. I want people to remember Tasia’s name. I want people to remember that she was loved. I want her children to know that their mother mattered and that people cared enough to stand beside her family when the unthinkable happened. PLEASE HELP US KEEP SHOWING UP FOR TASIA If you are able to donate, please know that every dollar will help us face the road ahead. If you cannot donate, please share this fundraiser. Please keep Tasia’s children and our family in your prayers. Please help us keep her story alive. I never imagined I would be asking strangers for help to attend court proceedings following my daughter’s murder. But this is where life has brought me, and I am asking from the bottom of my heart. I cannot bring my daughter home. I cannot give her children their mother back. But I can keep showing up. I can keep asking for answers. And I can keep saying her name. The criminal case must follow the evidence and the law. We are asking for the truth, accountability, and justice through that process. Thank you to everyone who has stood with us. Thank you for helping with Tasia’s funeral. Thank you for continuing to care about what happens next. Please don’t let the world move on and forget her. Tasia Sidea Fortune — a daughter, a mother, a life that mattered. Forever loved. Forever missed. Forever remembered. ❤️ JUSTICE FOR TASIA. ❤️
    In Loving Memory of Our Beloved Tasia Sidea ❤️ There are no words that can truly explain what it feels like to lose a daughter in such a tragic and devastating way. Tasia Sidea was so much more than the way her life ended. She was our daughter. She was someone who was loved, someone who mattered, and someone whose life touched the people around her. To those who knew Tasia, she was a person with her own personality, her own heart, her own struggles, her own dreams, and so many memories that will stay with us forever. To our family, she will always be our Tasia. We never imagined that one day we would have to plan her funeral, say goodbye to her, and then continue living without her. There are moments when the reality of her absence is overwhelming. The holidays, birthdays, family gatherings, ordinary days — all of them are now reminders of the person who should still be here. Because of the incredible generosity of everyone who supported our original GoFundMe, Tasia’s funeral expenses have been taken care of. We cannot thank everyone enough for helping us give her the farewell she deserved. Your kindness carried our family through something we never should have had to face. But our journey did not end with the funeral. Jacque Ratliff and Ernest Lloyd Jr. have both been charged with murder in connection with Tasia’s death and are currently being held in jail without bond. The criminal case is pending, and we will allow the justice system to determine the outcome. And there are also more pending arrests. There is still a long road ahead. We are continuing this fundraiser to help our family with the costs that come with that road, including travel to court, gas and lodging, time away from work and lost wages, grief counseling if it is not covered by insurance, and other unexpected expenses connected to this tragedy. We want to be able to be there for Tasia. We want to be present for the court proceedings. We want to support one another through the days when the grief becomes too heavy. And we want to make sure that financial circumstances do not prevent our family from being there when we need to be. If you knew Tasia, please share a memory of her. If you didn't know her, please remember that behind every headline and every court case is a human life — a daughter who was loved and a family who will carry her loss for the rest of their lives. Every donation, every share, every prayer, and every kind word means more to us than we can put into words. We cannot bring Tasia back. But we can keep her name alive. We can tell her story. We can remember who she was. And we can make sure she is never forgotten. Forever our daughter. Forever loved. Forever remembered. Forever Tasia Sidea. ❤️ Thank you for standing with our family.
    This week I have traveled to jackson Mississippi. And would like to extend my thanks to Councilman Kenneth Stokes. He has treated us like family and is setting up a meeting with the US Attorney and FBI. Today we had a press conference with the local stations in Jackson. We do believe now we have faith in Jackson Police Department. We were just impatient because of the silence because it was very painful. Today I visited the crime scene for the first time. I have no words on how it felt. I never planned on going there but I felt that I owed Tasia that much. The suspect, sorry I don't know if I can legally say his name on this platform so I'm being very careful not to, has a preliminary hearing on Friday and I think more evidence is supposed to be told so I plan on attending every court hearing. As far as her children go I'm trying to get all four together this week. Which the oldest and probably the 5 year old have never met the younger two. It's so very important to the oldest to meet his brothers. So MeMe, that's me, is doing her best to make it happen. And I want to also extend my thanks to all who have given to this go fund me because without you these trips would not be possible. I vow to never give up and to keep her name alive. I have lost my first born because these 'Thugs' wanted to play God. But there is only one God! And he will also one day judge us all. Just wanted to give an update.
    For My Daughter, Tasia Sidea Tasia, my precious daughter, Your life was taken from you, but your voice, your memory, and your story will never be taken from us. There are questions that may never leave my heart. There is pain that words can never explain. But there is one thing I know: God knows the truth. He saw what happened to you, He knows every person who played a part, and nothing is hidden from Him. “Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.” — Romans 12:19 I will not seek revenge. I will seek truth and justice for you. I will keep saying your name. I will keep telling your story. I will keep fighting for you. And I will never allow the world to forget Tasia Sidea. To those responsible: people may not know everything that happened, but God does. You cannot hide the truth from Him. Whatever happens in this life or the next, I trust that God sees, God knows, and God judges righteously. My daughter, you deserved to live. You deserved more time, more memories, more birthdays, more laughter, and more years with the people who loved you. Your life mattered. Your death matters. Your story matters. And your mother will never stop loving you. Until I see you again, Tasia. You will never be forgotten. ❤️ “He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds.” — Psalm 147:3l Tasia Momma will be at every court date for those who are arrested for doing what they did to you. I miss you so much. I've been strong and have tried to help the detectives in anyway I possibly could. I'm sorry your life had to end and I would trade places with you if that was possible but we know that's impossible. I miss your laugh and your smile And you aggravating me every chance you could get. Justice is coming for you. I can feel it. I want to thank everyone who has given to our family during this tragedy. From now on every donation will be going for travel to Mississippi and from Kentucky. Also for motel stays.
    Sorry for the delay in any updates on our Help Honor Tasia Fortune Go Fund Me. First let me update on the crimestoppers. I was advised by the detectives and a local councilman not to pursue with crimestoppers and within 2 days we had our first arrest and were told there is more to come. The arrested suspect pled not guilty. This is very early on but we're praying that the other arrests are coming quickly also. If the arrested person is not guilty then we pray he is able to prove it because we want the correct people punished for Tasia's death. Moving forward any funds will ensure the family can attend all legal proceduings now and in the future and that is huge for our family. Without this go fund me our family would not have even gas money for travel. So we thank you from the bottom of our hearts for all funds donated. This go fund me has been more of a blessing than we even know how to describe. We will be paying it forward for the rest of our lives.
    I want to thank everyone who has supported our family during this tragedy I wanted To write an update so our donors, family and people near and far so everyone could stay in the loop of what's happening with Tasia's case. I wrote Councilman Kenneth Stokes an email asking for help because of the silence and rudeness of Jackson Police Department. Thanks to him putting Tasia's case on for the council meeting Jackson Police department finally came out and admitted that they were treating this as a homicide which I had already known that but the public didn't personally know my sweet and beautiful Tasia. Thanks to everyone we we're able to bring her home and give her a beautiful celebration of life. Her children have their future secured and as I have stated before we are working on justice. I've been in touch with Crime stoppers in Jackson to add more funds for their reward money, which I had no clue they were even offering and hopefully to get a billboard or some kind of advertising close to where she was found, in hopes of tips that can lead to an arrest of her murderer or murderers. I have tried to upload her news stories onto here but I can't seem to figure it out. The local station in Jackson wjtv 12 has about 3 different videos that can be viewed as well as www.bbc.com had written an amazing article. I found out things I was unaware of. I do believe there's supposed to be another council meeting where Councilman Stokes is writing a resolution on my daughter's case regarding how long it's taking at the state medical examiners office. I could have that wrong and I apologize if I do but I don't understand the politics of these kinds of things. None of this would be possible without each and every one of you. Once again thank you for helping to keep Tasia's name alive. I want to share a text from my Aunt: Tasia's death is causing a good thing. The Bible says and it's true that God can take anything bad and work it out for our good and His glory. Now, I believe she is with God and filled with wonder and joy. And on earth, people are trying to make good changes because of her. Her short life is making a big difference down here on earth! That precious beautiful girl! ❤️. My Aunt can always find positive in the worst of times. Once again thank you and God Bless each and everyone one of you
    I was hoping to give updates and/or progress about Tasia's case by now but we are no closer than the day we found out of her murder. They won't come out publicly and say it and that confuses me. Our daughter's photos from the crime scene were released by the EMT'S and put on social media which made its way to Kentucky to my other daughter's Facebook The deputy cororner admitted to them being internally released and that's nothing parents or siblings should ever have to see, especially on social media. The detectives are no longer answering my phone calls or returning them and they are supposed to call the family at least once a week for updates. I'm praying everyday that they have something and just can't tell us. But the coroner's office said they will not release the autopsy that was completed on August 11 or 12 for 6months to 1 or 2 years after court which I don't know how to take. Kentucky is a Commonwealth state and Mississippi is state laws which are completely different. I'm so very sorry if this update is like scattered but I'm just all over the place with no answers. This is the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with plus be strong for our family. Once again we want to thank everyone for the prayers and donations. This tradegy has shown me the duality of man. So many cruel people like the ones who did what they did to Tasia but then the kindness and generosity that has been shown through this go fund me. God Bless Everyone
    Our family has been blessed by each and every one who has donated and we thank you. Now that we have laid Tasia to rest our focus at this time is justice. We live in Kentucky and it's about 7 hours to Jackson Mississippi so we will be doing a lot of traveling. It's hard to get any answers over the phone but I've learned in life that when you're face to face with people it's harder for them to lie to you or put you off. Her autopsy was completed on August 12 if I'm remembering correctly and we still don't have answers!! Tasia deserves justice not just another cold case in Jackson. Once again we thank everyone from the bottom of our hearts. #JusticeforTasiaFortune