Travel Expenses Brent/Boe Families
$18,587 of $25,000 goal
The funds will be split evenly between the Boe and Brent families. The sooner we can help them, the better. Within a week would be ideal. May God use and multiply whatever we're able to gather for our friends.
1. How they are related to the person the funds are for
2. That they will be withdrawing the funds in their name
3. How exactly they will be delivering the funds to the person funds were raised for.
I realize I have basically already done this with my last update, but in order to comply with their wishes, I'm doing it again:
1. Rachelle Boe is one of the recipients of the funds. The Boe family, the Brent family, and the Blom family are all very close friends.
2. Rachelle Boe is the only person who will be withdrawing the funds in her name.
3. Rachelle Boe will be using the funds to pay for travel and lodging expenses for members of the Boe and Brent families while they are in Alaska ministering to the Blom family survivors. Any funds remaining after those expenses have been met will be given as a love offering to the Blom family.
I apologize for the extra update. However, I understand the importance of being transparent, and why Gofundme would insist on it.
That latter detail was a sobering thought. We have a new widow with children. As Christians, are we not charged with caring for the widows and the fatherless?
So. I set it at $25,000, and we'll see what God does. I am very, very proud to be part of this community.
Rachelle Boe has been formally made the beneficiary, and she will see that the funds are appropriately distributed.
We also want to say a huge thank you for making it possible for our families to be with the Bloms in Alaska. We are overwhelmed with gratitude for everyone's incredible generosity. Our hearts are broken. Thank you for this outpouring of love. We have a better idea of the costs involved in getting 11 people to Alaska. We will have food expenses too, but I'm not sure what those will be yet. $11,000 airline tickets $1,200 rental cars $2000 hotel = $14,200 Again all funds will be divided between our families and used only to get us to and home from Anchorage. Any remaining funds will be given to Julie. Thank you again
My heart is overflowing with gratitude for everyone who has given and share this gofundme campaign. I think the campaign was at $3,500 before I knew that it existed! My wife, Vicki, is already in Alaska with Julie. I am taking my three oldest children with me because they grew up with the Blom kids. Our kids were so close that they would tell people that we were the "Blent" family. After we met the Boe family it became the "Blots" (pronounced 'bloat' - still working on that one). Thought you all deserved to know why it is so important to me and my kids to be there for them.