Toby's Beard Shave for Cancer
$10,510 of $5,000 goal
Now that the cancer stuff is all behind me, I was thinking it was about time to get rid of the face blanket. I will be shaving my beard off on the 26th of January so to start 2016 fresh. With a clean slate. And a clean face. I have changed the date to give me time to organise a shaving ceremony.
I will be leaving this page open until the 31st of January 2016 before I pass all donations on to the foundations.
My beard has been a comfort for me through all of this, just like all of you have been. And I am asking you to help me out one more time before I close this part of my life and move on to the next.
I am asking you to make a donation to my GoFundMe page. Any amount will do. All donations will be split 50/50 between two foundations, The Warwick Cancer Foundation and Australian Cance Research Foundation.
The Warwick Cancer Foundation was a great help to me when I was first diagnosed. Talking to others my age, in similar situations really helped wrap my head around it all. The rest of the information was pulled from each of the foundations websites.
The Warwick Cancer Foundation is the first non-profit organisation in Australia focused on supporting adults under 40 during their cancer treatment. The foundation also supports carers of those currently in treatment and survivors aged under 40.
The Warwick Cancer Foundation’s programs and services have been developed under psychosocial guidelines to address key issues faced by young adults with cancer.
• Peer to peer support programs aim to reduce isolation, destigmatise cancer and normalise side effects of cancer treatment
• Social media platforms provide a safe environment to communicate feelings of depression, anxiety and fears related to cancer. Many young adults with cancer are unable to voice their fears to loved ones and friends for fear of `burdening’ them
• Provide a safe environment to connect with others who are currently in treatment without fear of judgement of physical appearance
• Promote psychosocial support to assist in coping skills for different stages of cancer and survivorship
• Provide age appropriate information and referral
• Awareness campaigns to promote prevention of cancers in young adults
The Warwick Cancer Foundation
The Australian Cancer Research Foundation (ACRF) is a cancer charity foundation, dedicated to finding the cures for cancer by funding world-class cancer research in Australia.
Our charity foundation is committed to speeding up discoveries for this devastating disease which affects one in three Australians.
ACRF funds are used to purchase state-of-the-art equipment and technologies that speed up the discovery process – ultimately working to save lives by saving time.
We fund research into ALL types of cancer, in only the best research institutes right across Australia.
The cancer research we fund is assessed according to the world-class standards of an esteemed scientific committee of Australian cancer researchers, including Professor Ian Frazer (co-creator of the cervical cancer vaccine and 2006 Australian of the Year)
For the last seven years, all our expenses have been paid from accumulated investment revenues earned by the cancer foundation. Our audited financial reports are available on our Financial Statements page.
Australian Cancer Research Foundation
Five grand in two days!!!!
But let's not stop there. Keep sharing the link and spreading the news. I am keeping the page up until the end of January. If we can get $5000 in two days, who knows where we could be by the end of January.