The Gogela Family
Phumeza's boyfriend and baby's dad, Prince Sam (known as Sam), and Phumeza's cousin Portia (Gogela) Roberts (from Northampton) are visiting the hospital daily. A few other members of the South African community, including Rev. Manning, have been to visit them. Baby Phumeza was baptised earlier this week. Portia and Sam are identifying Phumeza's body today.
Funds raised will be deposited directly into Portia's bank account as she will be dealing with the administration side of things and your support will be helping to cover the following costs (at this stage - things may change):
1. Repatriation of Phumeza's body back to South Africa for cultural burial.
2. Daily costs of travel/accomodation/food for Portia and Sam.
Other urgent needs: Accomodation in Bolton for Portia due to travel.
We will update this page with any further developments and needs as required.
This page has been set up by Hayley Reichert on behalf of Portia.
Phumeza will be laid to rest this Saturday and already people from all over the country have arrived at the homestead to pay their last respects and offer prayers and condolences.
A massive thank you to Saffa mums, and the many groups that extended their hearts to us. We now pray for baby Phumie Esther and ask God to show favour and mercy to this little angel.
Update on baby: Phumie has been up and down with her feeds. The doctors are unable to locate a blockage which is preventing fluid from draining from her brain and this is impacting negatively on brain activity. She really needs a miracle in the coming days as they currently don't feel there is enough brain activity to sustain her life. Understandably daddy Sam is taking great strain at the moment so please pray for them both.
_All Saints Saxon Church, Northampton_
1. The family has requested that we arrive early and be seated at least half an hour before pall-bearing duties are executed.
2. Those who would like to volunteer as Pall-bearers please send your details to the contacts below. Those who knew Phumeza well are urged to come forward for this. At least 4 names requested from the community.
3. Three more additional people are requested to help with the welcoming and ushering of guests or people in to the church.
4. Choir - those who would like to sing or participate in the choir are also requested to come forth. The choir will be seated carefully at the front appropriate corner to enhance the running of the service.
07411585515 - Dj Mkhukwini
07495758491 - Portia
07919162296 - Oupa
I just cant make peace with the fact that my 1 and only childhood best fruend is no longer! Wish some1 can just take this pain away!
Rest in Peace Phumeza: I have a question to whoever is incharge of repatriating the body of Phumeza to South Africa. Why is your target too exorbitant/excessive yet the fee/charges for repatriating the body is slightly to be far less than that. Your justification of $10 000 (ten thousand pounds) is not fair. please consider taking my suggestion as serious to enable this woman to go and rest in her mother land.