SOAR Interactive Public Art Project
ABOUT THE PROJECT
"Soar," is an interactive public art project that encourages people to identify and let go of their unseen burdens so they can become more free.
Soar is the fourth interactive public art installation created by Nancy Belmont and #WeLiveBig.
WHEN & WHERE?
The installation launches June 1st at 6pm (in collaboration with DRBA’s First Thursday ) and closes June 24th (in conjunction with Well Ray ). Join us at 2213 Mt. Vernon Avenue in Alexandria, VA to participate.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
1) Recognize something in your life that has been weighing you down or holding you back from becoming all of who you’re meant to be. This can be as general or specific as you like.
2) Select a rock that will represent your burden. Write what you want to let go of on the rock.
3) Feel the weight of the rock. Carry it with you as long as it takes for you to recognize its weight.
4) When you are ready to let go of this weight, place your rock on the ground at the display. Feel the lightness that comes from letting go.
5) Hang an origami bird to symbolize your freedom and potential to soar.
WHO IS IT FOR?
As with all #WeLiveBig projects, Soar is for everyone. The Courage Wall and UNITY projects spread virally and touched people from all around the globe.
While Soar is launching in the community of Del Ray in Alexandria, VA, our hope is that people from around the world feel inspired to bring the project to their own towns.
Our hope is that the project will spark tens of thousands of people to consider how they can lighten their loads and become more free.
All of our projects are kid-friendly because we believe that if we can introduce these concepts to the next generation now, they can become better leaders as they step into adulthood.
HOW WILL WE USE THE FUNDS?
The funds raised pay for costs associated with the prototyping and construction of the project like paper, markers, wood, sand, and building materials. It also pays for signage and promotion of the project.
WHEN DO WE NEED THE FUNDS?
The project launches June 1, so we'd love your support as soon as possible!
WHAT DOES YOUR SUPPORT MEAN?
As many of you know, I create these projects to uplift the community. My aim is to promote human flourising by bringing people together; raising consciousness; and creating ah-ha moments that broaden and shift perspectives.
In order to continue to bring cool projects like this to life, I need your support. By contributing, you enable us to keep creating uplifting projects that breathe life and love into our world.
I'm so grateful for any amount you can give to bring Soar to life and help countless people feel more free to become more of who they are.