Sky's Echocardiogram

$275 of $300 goal

Raised by 13 people in 5 months
No Longer Accepting Donations
 Share on Facebook

EDIT: Please check the updates! His echcardiogram went well and Sky is cleared to have surgery :D
Please visit his new campaign, Sky's Cyst Surgery to donate

Hello everyone, 

As most of you know, I treat my dogs as if they're my kids. They mean everything to me. 

Recently, Sky has been having issues with an enlarged heart, causing him to cough and tire out quicker. This is the kind of dog that will play ball with you for HOURS, heaving and breathing heavy, but still repeatedly comes back and drops it at your feet. When it comes to ball, he doesn't take no for an answer!

An echocardiogram is recommended by his vet to get a better look and make sure his heart is doing okay. 

Labs are really prone to fatty cysts, which doesn't bother me if it's just cosmetic. All 3 of my dogs have had them and it's been no big deal. But a few YEARS ago, Sky developed a cyst on his side that burst open. During this time, my family was extremely short on money and were only able to afford his hospital visit to have him examined and cleaned out. They explained that the cyst may close by itself, but most likely needed to be removed surgically. Since it wasn't a life or death sitaution, we decided to try to deal with it on our own and just keep it clean the best we could. And we have been doing well with it but after numerous infections (poor puppy), medications (that he HATES taking), and A LOT of blood stained things (Sky really doesn't like to keep his band-aids on), it's now time to get rid of this thing once and for all! 
Sky has also developed a mass on his eyelid that continues to get bigger, and while he's a good boy and tries to show no sign of pain, we can tell these things are bothering him. They must be removed. 

BUT, we've run into more obstacles. Sky has had a lifelong heart murmer and is now 10 years old, which makes it a little scary to try to put him under anesthesia. Before we can go through with surgery, we need to order an echocardiogram to make sure he will be stable enough to even be able to have it. 
With two issues that may be solved with an echocardiogram, there's no reason to not get it done! That is, except for lack of money.

As a future college student, my funds remain low. I only want the best for my dogs but I need a little help getting them the care they need. Between the two of them, I've already spent hundreds of dollars in vet bills just over the last few months! 
If you even have a dollar to spare, I'd love to get Sky his echo done to see if surgery is even a possibility and, if it is, I'll start another GoFundMe towards that cost. 

Just the echocardiogram itself will cost somewhere in between $200-$300 and I'm not expecting to get that fully covered by donations, but really anything helps! 

Please spread the word and help get the sweetest, friendliest, cuddliest chocolate lab the care he needs! He may be old and nearing the end of his life, but I want the rest of it to be the best I can make it for him. 


Oh, did I also mention he's a bit strange? 

+ Read More
Hi again!

I'm sure you've heard that Sky's echocardiogram showed us that is heart is fine, but his lungs are what is causing him to cough. This is actually kind of a good thing! Although his medication is a bit pricey, it's a much better outcome than we expected.
This also means that he's cleared to have his cysts removed :D

Please head on over to our new campaign, www.gofundme.com/sky-needs-cyst-surgery to read more on what's yet to come. This is the really expensive part :(

But, again, thank you SO MUCH from the bottom of my heart to all of you donors. Please know that this has benefited a very good boy and your support has been extremely helpful to us <3
+ Read More
Hello everyone!

Sky's echocardiogram went well overall! They had a little bit of a scare, but he was able to calm down quick and they got a good reading of his heart <3
Good news is that, other than it being slightly enlarged and having some leaky valves, his heart is okay! It's nothing to be too concerned about. But what is causing his coughing/fainting fits is pulmonary hypertension. This has more to do with his lungs.
With some new medication, weight loss, and occasional cough syrup, we're hoping to be able to improve his condition :)
This also means that he's cleared for surgery! :D Once I get more solid estimates, I will add it to this GoFundMe. But that's going to be the REALLY expensive part :/
Again, thank you SO SO MUCH to everyone that contributed to his vet bill! I can't even explain how much this helps us! Together we were able to raise $275 of the $336 cost :D That still amazes me!

If you don't already, you can follow the cute antics of my puppers on Instagram at @chocolate_doggos


Lindsey, Sky, & Cocoa
He was a very good boy at the vet
+ Read More
We've raised $225!! That's amazing!
Here's a little clip from Sky :)
His appointment is tomorrow and all your support helps us immensely!
Thank you!
+ Read More
We've reached $175 on our GoFundMe page! Again, I just want to thank EVERYONE for their support, whether it be donating or sharing (or both)!
Sky's echocardiogram appointment is officially set for this Thursday, January 25th and your contributions lift an immense weight off of my shoulders.
I will be sure to continue posting updates on his condition once we figure things out. Unfortunately, last night was a really rough (ruff) one for Sky, he had many coughing fits. These we believe are due to his heart condition. The echocardiogram will give us a better look into the situation.
Although he's already 10 years old, he's still just my little puppy to me. I want to give him the best quality of life possible for his remaining years. He's a really good boy and deserves it :)
Please continue to keep sharing to spread the word! Remember every donation, no matter the amount, is extremely helpful and truly appreciated!
Rest is good for healing
Too cute not to share!
+ Read More
Read a Previous Update

$275 of $300 goal

Raised by 13 people in 5 months
No Longer Accepting Donations
 Share on Facebook
Your share could be bringing in donations. Sign in to track your impact.
We will never post without your permission.
In the future, we'll let you know if your sharing brings in any donations.
We weren't able to connect your Facebook account. Please try again later.
4 months ago (Offline Donation)
John Podbielski
4 months ago
Jeff Holden
4 months ago
Taylor Blohm
5 months ago
Martin Vandepas
5 months ago
Laurie Davis
5 months ago
Alyx Barkwill
5 months ago
Storm Peterson
5 months ago
Mark Myers
5 months ago
Sheldon Rock
5 months ago
Or, use your email…
Use My Email Address
By continuing, you agree with the GoFundMe
terms and privacy policy
There's an issue with this Campaign Organizer's account. Our team has contacted them with the solution! Please ask them to sign in to GoFundMe and check their account. Return to Campaign

Are you ready for the next step?
Even a $5 donation can help!
Donate Now Not now
Connect on Facebook to keep track of how many donations your share brings.
We will never post on Facebook without your permission.