25
25
17

Help Rescued Rabbits

$401 of $1,500 goal

Raised by 26 people in 21 months
Created August 5, 2017
Nonoy Parlade
on behalf of Liogen Pearl Taylor
Rescued Rabbit 1: Pili needs you!

Please help us save sweet little Pili.

Pili is a sweet little girl that we just recently rescued. She is 3 months old with a body weight of 3.3lb and was only fed with poultry pellets all her life. She was born on April 29, 2017 and was given to us by Aug 2, 2017. They just informed us about her disability. but as we got to know her, we found complications that we never ever thought of. Aside from her splayed legs, She has a severe dental problem that is making it difficult for her to eat hay. Three (3) of her teeth are overgrown and the other one seems like it was broken off. Because of her dental issues, she's also unable to eat hay and does not have normal rabbit poop (hers is soft, discolored and few).

We also saw her wounds on her feet probably because of the wire floored cages where she came from. We still don't know if this is sorehocks. There's also a wound on her private part which hurts her when it is being touched. Also, while we were petting her, we noticed that she has scabies that is starting to spread.

She's in terrible shape and we need your help providing medical care for her.

First, we will go to Vets in Practice in Philippines to get her check up and other assessments. but lately, this is what we think that she needs.

She needs to get her xray for her legs, to know what's the best we could do.
She needs to get her teeth trimmed as soon as possible.
She needs to get all of her wounds check if they are really sorehocks or not.
She needs to get a shot for her scabies.

As we learn more about rabbits with disabilities, we believe we'll need more funds for medical and continuing care.   We want her to live a full and happy life.

Please help her. We need to raise about $500 for her initial medical support and her continuing care, but this is just a prelimniary estimate. Your support is the only way we could continue and save rabbits with special needs like Pili.

https://www.facebook.com/SaveRabbitsPH/posts/438590876522146  (More pictures available here)
+ Read More
Over a week since the last update, Marble's condition has dramatically imrpoved. Marisse managed to remove most of the scabs from the extremities and the face. His appetite has likewise recovered. From a pellets and pechay diet, he is now learning how to eat hay and grass. Following several sub-q fluid injections, he's now able to drink enough on his own to sustain proper hydration.

The next step medically is to recheck his suspected UTI (also being treated with Baytril, along with the feet wounds). He also has sore hocks, which Marisse is also treating. By the end of this week, we'll take him to the vet again to see if both conditions have likewise improved apart from his second ivermectin shot to make sure the newly hatched mites are eradicated.

Following potential checkmarks on those, it may be time for a complete blood work and x-rays just to make sure there's no other lingering illness.

During his time with Marisse, he's also made a friend. He hops (yes, he's able to hop now!) to Boosagi's cage and hangs out with him. Who would have guessed he's a sociable bunny too. Clearly, his pain markers (like hunching and inactivity) have gone away.

A few more weeks to a month down the road, when he's recovered enough weight, perhaps it would even be time for molar filing, which could further normalize his eating patterns (he's still very dependent on Oxbow Critical Care).

Thanks to all the donors, he's now 10x the bunny he was just two weeks ago. Please don't get tired of donating. We have a few more medical steps ahead of us and it's also important to fund up so we can frontload expenses for future rescues.

If you want very frequent updates, do follow Marisse as well. She posts pictures, updates and videos very, very frequently. If you just prefer the broad strokes, you'll get it here.
+ Read More
Marble Needs Your Help (2/27 Update)

After the 16-hour trip from Baguio to Manila, we had Marble confined at a vet clinic early in the morning to help stabilize him. He was given fluids again, physically inspected, but not much else. As the day progressed, we discussed our options thoroughly.

What we learned at that point is basically a validation of what we already suspected: a digestion issue and a mites case with some gory infection in all his feet. That's not all, but those are the most immediate.

At the end of it, we decided to take him home because he was just not going to get the TLC needed for his condition. At the vet, he was going to be monitored, given his meds, and checked at planned intervals. But it was very clear, Marble was going to need comfort and a ton of affection and reassurance, apart from meds.

Although understandably hesitant, Marisse took on the extremely difficult task of caring for Marble. The first 24 hours involved offering a variety of hay, pellets, veggies and force feeding of critical care combined with stasis meds. She also had to clean and put anti-infection meds on his feet. If you recall the gory picture with lots of blood, well it sort of happened again. Marble, perhaps due to the level of irritation or perhaps even numbness of his extremeties, has been very insistent on biting / chewing off his feet. At one point, he managed to remove a nail. And so Marisse constantly had to prevent that and to stem the bleeding.

Quite honestly, it's a task only a true rabbit loving parent would take on. I suspect Marble caught on to that and has been incredibly tame and affectionate with Marisse. So please, do send Marisse some words of support for the selfless care she is providing. ( https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003339340532)

But while we were hoping for incremental improvements, Marble's condition even seems worse at times. This morning, his temp is even hotter than usual.

We'll take him to another vet later for another round of subq hydration to help with the digestive issues, apart from getting other drugs to support his condition. We'll also need to cone him because the risk of him biting of his paws and further infecting, we discovered the hard way, are high.

Once again, we ask for your support. Marble has a long road ahead of him. Apart from donating, please share the message to other animal lovers.

PS

Marble, we discovered is a boy; not a girl as the previous owner thought.


https://m.facebook.com/ChuaMarieLouiseDR/posts/pcb.2095683820552909/?photo_id=2095683527219605&mds=%2Fphotos%2Fviewer%2F%3Fphotoset_token%3Dpcb.2095683820552909%26photo%3D2095683527219605%26profileid%3D100000541750562%26source%3D49%26refid%3D17%26_ft_%3Dmf_story_key.2095683820552909%253Atop_level_post_id.2095683820552909%253Atl_objid.2095683820552909%253Acontent_owner_id_new.100003339340532%253Athrowback_story_fbid.2095683820552909%253Aphoto_attachments_list.[2095683433886281%252C2095683473886277%252C2095683527219605%252C2095683577219600%252C2095683653886259]%253Astory_location.4%253Astory_attachment_style.album%253Athid.100003339340532%253A306061129499414%253A2%253A0%253A1551427199%253A-8340199434640687458%26__tn__%3DEH-R%26cached_data%3Dfalse%26ftid%3D&mdp=1&mdf=1

https://m.facebook.com/SaveRabbitsPH/?_rdr

https://m.facebook.com/rabbitawarenessph/?refid=52&__tn__=C&zero_e=3&zero_et=1551237885&_rdc=1&_rdr
+ Read More
Marble Needs Your Help (5/25 update)

Our rescuers finally made it to their respective homes after an estimated 15-16 hour road trip in order to rescue Marble from Baguio and bring him to Manila. My hats off to these ladies: Marisse, Andrea and Abby. Lots of people claim to be animal lovers, but only a few would do what you did for Marble.

To recap, Marble's owner reached out to SaveRabbitsPH several days ago and asked for help on her rabbit's itchiness and bleeding. Since then the bleeding has worsened and Marble showed signs of gut stasis (less and less, smaller and smaller poops).

Upon meeting the owner in a local vet in Baguio yesterday, the team assessed that even after subq fluids, antibiotics, gut motility and pain killers, Marble still seemed a bit weak for the ride. So they stayed on for at least an hour more and gave veggies, critical care (which he politely declined) and some dextrose power. A few hours later (around 8 PM) they headed back for another grueling drive. The trip home, was of course a lot longer and it wasn't until 6:30 AM when I joined them for the vet confinement in Manila.

While waiting for the doctor, we had some lleisure time to inspect Marble. Apart from an advanced case of mites (wounds already bleeding) and gut stasis, his nails looked terrible and were growing in many directions, his spine was pronounced, his mouth seemed like it had cuts, his feet may have sore hocks, among other things we don't know about yet (like syphillis or dental issues). So today, the vet will run some diagnostic tests (blood work, etc) and will put a line to help stabilize him. We'll keep him in emergency for a while. After all, his foster mom Marisse is still exhausted to provide the hourly care at least for today.

Having said all that, we are hopeful. He was flopping after all even after that long, long ride. But we do need your help. The vet bills and logistics in Baguio alone wiped out the SaveRabbitsPH budget surplus. So now we are running on margin.

So if you can help give Marble a second lease on life (a much happier one), please do so. I conservatively estimate at least another P20K in vet bills coming up for a 2-day stay (around $400). It's too early to tell if he needs to stay longer.
+ Read More
Marble

A rabbit owner reached out to me several days ago. She had no idea how to help her rabbit and had no funds to bring Marble to the vet. I advised her on first aid, but it still got to the point where the rabbit started bleeding from wounds, most probably due to a terrible mites condition. I advised her on how to clean up (ergo the before and after pic). Because of the extreme discomfort and wrong diet, Marble has also developed GI stasis.

We have since offered to pay for the vet bills just so she can bring Marble for treatment. That happened last night. This afternon, we commissioned a group of volunteers to go to Baguio from Manila (a 10-12 hour back and forth trip) to rescue the rabbit and turn him over to a screened adopter in Manila. Here we can further give her medical care. With her stasis on the third day with hardly any treatment, it is by dumb luck that she is hanging on.

We are requesting for help to pay for the logistics of teh tripand for her ongoing medical bills.

https://m.facebook.com/SaveRabbitsPH/photos/a.742020339512530/742020406179190/?type=3
+ Read More
Read a Previous Update

$401 of $1,500 goal

Raised by 26 people in 21 months
Created August 5, 2017
Nonoy Parlade
on behalf of Liogen Pearl Taylor
Your share could be bringing in donations. Sign in to track your impact.
   Connect
We will never post without your permission.
In the future, we'll let you know if your sharing brings in any donations.
We weren't able to connect your Facebook account. Please try again later.
$5
Sean McKee
2 months ago
$5
Anonymous
2 months ago
$28
William Olsen
2 months ago
$10
Sarah Milner
2 months ago
SS
$20
Stacy Sexton
2 months ago
ZC
$5
Zoe Campbell
2 months ago
MH
$30
Mélanie Hubert
2 months ago
SJ
$10
Scott Jannasch
2 months ago
MG
$5
Moises Garcia
2 months ago
$20
Anonymous
2 months ago
or
Use My Email Address
By continuing, you agree with the GoFundMe
terms and privacy policy
There's an issue with this Campaign Organizer's account. Our team has contacted them with the solution! Please ask them to sign in to GoFundMe and check their account. Return to Campaign

Are you ready for the next step?
Even a $5 donation can help!
Donate Now Not now
Connect on Facebook to keep track of how many donations your share brings.
We will never post on Facebook without your permission.