Help Save the Milwaukee Para Con!
Hello, everyone! I had such a great time at the Milwaukee Paranormal Conference. It was a huge event! Our hope was to break even, but more and more costs-- venue rental, event insurance, paying for some guest speakers and accomodations, more venue rentals, supplies, etc. added up to more than we could handle.
We are now at negative $3,500. A lot of things were planned well, but this year is definitely a learning experience and several things need to be done differently.
Before I can even consider really thinking about a Milwaukee Paranormal Conference 2017, I need to get square with people I owe money to. $0 of this is for myself.
So, if you attended the conference and had a good time, if you're a vendor who enjoyed the experience, if you're excited about the possibility of a 2017 conference, please donate.
$5, $10, $20, $100-- if everyone contributes, we can make that debt disappear and think about the future.
Another way to support us: buy leftover merch. We have a fair amount of everything left, which you can find on our Square store: https://squareup.com/market/milwaukee-para-con
And again-- I would like to thank all of our hard working volunteers, guest speakers, enthusiastic attendees and our photographer/volunteer coordinator/ troubleshooter Wendy. Everyone was in top form, which is why I'd like to see the conference continue.
--Tea Krulos, conference director
Here's what people can do to help:
1. Encourage other people to donate.
2. Buy some of our merch for Cyber Monday. We need to sell this stuff as some of money owed is to the artists/ screenprinter. Here's our Square page: https://squareup.com/market/milwaukee-para-con
If you want to pick up merch in person and pay cash, e-mail me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Go to our benefit show/ benefit CD ("They Walk Among Us") release party Fri., Dec. 16 at Frank's Power Plant and help spread word about it. Our awesome volunteer Marty got lots of great local bands to supply tracks for this CD and the show will be a blast: https://www.facebook.com/events/987771694684597/
4. Our friends at Singular Fortean Society are donating 50% of their awesome merch sales to us til the end of the month: https://society6.com/singularfortean
5. Our awesome volunteer JenKnee of Terrestrial Tarot is donating 50% of readings booked til the end of the month to us, so arrange a reading w/ her today: https://www.facebook.com/p0rc3lainXpozur3/
Thank you for your support. We will be evaluating whether Milwaukee Paranormal Conference can continue in late January. Successfully fundraising to pay our debt will be the most major deciding factor.
Also, we will be doing a fundraiser this Sunday at the Riverwest Public House, 5-7pm. Features a short talk by me, a Ghost Story Open Mic session, a screening of creepy clown movie Gags, MPC merch at a discount price. Please go/ help spread word.
Here's a FB event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1675077006154861/