Save Our Shelter for Women in Crisis
Dear Friend and Supporter,
Please HELP Us Save Our Shelter
JC Freedom House shelter for women in crisis in Douglas County needs your help. Our mission is to bring health and healing to nations, families, and individuals. Our major program is our shelter for women in crisis. Many of our women have been abused, lost their jobs, or are experiencing hardship in some way.
Why do we need your help? The lease-purchase agreement on our shelter house will be due soon, and we urgently need to raise $155,000 to save this vital resource. The whole community is rallying to help us save our shelter house. We are thankful and blessed for the many businesses and community leaders as well as individuals who have already donated funds to help us raise much-needed capital to save JC Freedom House.
Will you help us? A shelter has remained on the existing site for nearly 10 years and has been managed by volunteers exclusively. The founder of the current shelter, Marigold was once a woman in crisis resident at the shelter. So many women have been saved and able to transform their lives completely with the help of our programs. Over the past 2.5 years, our statistical data revealed:
· Over a dozen women were housed at and four remained in the shelter for a 12-month period.
· 5 children received outreach support.
· Over 4,000 bed-nights were provided.
· 80% of our women transitioned to permanent or semi-permanent housing.
· 100% of our women with children regained parental rights to their children.
· 33% of women obtained new jobs.
· Hundreds of pounds of food and clothing were provided.
· 100% of our outreach clients were provided with practical support and assistance.
· Thousands of therapy sessions, (group & individual), financial management and life skills sessions and case management hours were provided
· One woman went from a college semester GPA of 1.8 to a GPA of 4.0!
Without the support of people like you, JC Freedom House will have to close its doors. Please help us continue this vital work by making a generous donation.
We made it onto our local TV Channel , please LIKE & SHARE! and help save the shelter (Catch it at minute 14.09)
Thank you for your continued support and donations, because of your support the shelter had it's first college graduate, in addition to this she has now successfully transitioned from the shelter and is living in sunny Florida, God is good!