Foraging Herbal Roving Van School
Dan De Lion is an Earth Herbalist, Forager, Musician, and Teacher dedicated to working with Nature to facilitate the reunion of the people with our planetary purpose.
Since 2010, I've been been traveling throughout the world learning and teaching through Return to Nature, providing classes, lectures, and seminars on wild food foraging, mushroom identification, herbal medicine making, as well as primitive and survival skills with a focus on wild foods and forest medicines as well as cultural transformation.
I am seeking to take the work and mission of Return to Nature to the next level and and I need your help!
Help Me Build the Foragemobile Van that will be a Roving Herbal School!
Imagine a roving herbal apothecary coming to your town! With your help, I can manifest a van for traveling and teaching classes and work on cultural earth based skills and shamanic tradition preservation and documentation, knowledge keeping by making documentaries, writing books, and doing interviews with the last remaining magicians of the old traditions.
These documentaries and this life path will be a series of writings and videos called "Seeking the Medicine" .
This will also enable me to follow the foraging season, travel and visit so many of you all, to share and teach classes, to seek medicine places, and have fun with all kinds of plant magic technology symbiosis. Plus I plan to write my first book in the van, on solar panels over the winter to publish in spring of 2018.
Help develop the infastructure needed to turn this van into the Foraging Herbalism School that it can be.
Things I will be able to Offer Our Community:
- Music: The van will be converted into a recording studio, and insulated and built for recording. From within the foragemobile I will be able to record my original music and share in many music sessions with special guests.
- Live Webcasts: While I travel I will be able to teach live from my van and wild locations on both facebook live and instagram!
- Ability to Go on Tour Full Time: I get so many requests to come teach to many communities, but have not had a reliable vehicle. This van will enable me to be on a full perpetual teaching tour to your local community. I will visit many communities, ecovillages, towns, and help build sustainable models through my vast teaching curriculum.
- Ability to Travel, Forage and Make Medicinal products: With the ability to travel, I can offer wildcrafted and ethically produced products to share while I follow the harvest. Our growing family business will continue to grow a sustainable economy based on the ethics we all know we need. I will also get the chance to work on ecosystems where I can help to reseed and tend the wild, live off of the abundance of so-called "invasive plants", and help to replant and caretake the ecosystem. All of these practices will be part of a continuous teaching cirriculum both online, and in person, and I will document these ways as I go. Within this teaching is the vision to develop a cottage industry model of goods and resources from the ethical caretaking of our abundant resources available in nature.
- Ability to visit and interview with many teachers, elders, communities, and indigenous tribespeople: Travel with this van will enable me to spend more time learning from, and broadcasting both live on facebook with teachers, and also releasing podcasts on the up and coming "Return to Nature Radio" series where I will be seeking cutting edge interviews with the worlds great minds. A large part of the mission of RTN is to give the "mic" of technology to the elders as a way to hear their stories, tradition, and best ideas toward a more sane and sustainable future. The rise of the ecovillages.
- Sharing my various workshops with more communities: since I will have a van as a home base I will be able to set up camp at different locations and offer classes, plant walks, herbalism classes, and reskilling teachings everywhere!
- Live blogging and writing: This van will enable me the ability to sit inside of the van and spend time on my computer writing, editing videos, and keeping up with booking and emails. This aspect of having a van will be a way to rebuild the broken "media" of our current society, and bring it back to the people. The vision is to travel and tap wifi (hopefully subscribers to new video updates will help me turn my phone into a wifi hotspot) which will enable me to complete my first of many books due out, hopefully in the Spring of 2018.
- Join us this year for my Online and In Person Mentorship Program Options! - Check out the programs at: www.returntonature.us
<iframe media_type="0" media_id="YhCCLpwn1YI" class="youtube-replace" title="YouTube video player" style="margin-bottom:20px;width:560px;height:315px;" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YhCCLpwn1YI/?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="1"></iframe>
Thankful and grateful for all and any donations to help manifest this vision into the earth work!
Return to Nature
Your donations helped me compensate for part of the cost of the solar set up, and gave me funds to plan the winter tour with lots of webinars and online classes, as well as in person classes and live question and answers from all throughout my travels, all with the help of solar power!
If you appreciate this work, and have learned from these efforts, please continue to help donate in any way to Paypal.me/returntonature and also check out lots of awesome herbal goods at www.gofundme.com/returntonature
Here's part 1 of our free workshop on how to rig yourself to off-grid solar: https://www.facebook.com/ReturntoNatureSkills/videos/1671177736246632/
Also, the Return to Nature #foragemobile is headed on a westward teaching tour this winter!
The solar set-up now enables me to have a multimedia set up to turn the Foragemobile into a news van for podcasting and writing, and inviting podcast guests along the way, as well as offering live webcasts and workshops from my travels. Stay tuned for the launch of the Return to Nature Radio podcast...
Here's the upcoming dates:
November 4-5 in Cincinnati, Ohio, I’ll be teaching a “Foraging and Herbalism Class” at the Enright Ridge Urban Eco-Village ( https://www.enrightecovillage.org/)
Thursday, November 9th, Ill be teaching The Alchemy of Fermentation at Gosport, IN at Monarch Apothecary.
November 11th weekend I’ll be headed onto Bloomington, Indiana, affiliated with the Indiana Herbal Center ( http://indianaherbalcenter.com), I’ll be teaching “Working Herbally with Lyme Disease at Bloomington, IN”
Then Sunday, November 12, in Louisville, Kentucky I’ll be teaching “Yoga, Tantra, and the Alchemical Traditions at Louisville, KY” at The Inner Warrior ( https://theinnerwarriorlou.com)
From there, November 18-19, I’ll be headed to New Mexico to co teach “Wild Medicine and Fermentation Retreat with guest Dan de Lion”, at Zia Energetics LLC Permaculture Homestead ( http://www.ziapermaculture.com).
Then I’ll be headed to Prescott, Arizona, November 25-26 for classes on herbal medicine making, and then classes TBA in Nevada, and a California tour by mid December!
Be in touch, and help spread the word and flyer if you're in the area! And, if you have a suggestion on the way, let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org – Check out the dates and fb links at: http://returntonature.us/foragemobile-westward-tour/
Also, help make this tour happen and get yourself some awesome herbal magic from our loving line of herbal goods from our apothecary at www.returntonature.us/apothecary
Much more to come,
Dan de Lion
Much more to come,
Dan De Lion
This solar set up will get the van able to power up students who come along for foraging tours! We will rig the van with a full set up for phone and laptop charging, as well as a roof fan, and interior lighting which will enable Dan to have the lighting and devices to do online webinars and live webcasts from his travels, and turn the van into a roving news van, as well as a podcasting and music recording studio.
Please help this vision become real! Heres 3 ways you can join and help contribute.
1. You can attend the class in person in Holmdel, NJ. There is a suggested donation of 15$ where you can learn and see how to wire your very own solar set up in person.
2. Join the Live Online Class: You can join us on facebook live on www.facebook.com/returntonatureskills where Dan will be holding the camera and showing you first hand all of the awesome details, you can also ask live questions.
We will hold a 24 hour fundraiser that day! Please consider making any donation to our 24 hour online fundraiser where donations will be possible on www.facebook.com/dandelionwildchild.. We will also be auctioning off herbal goods live for viewers to share in getting awesome herbal gifts in thanks for donating!!!
For those who donate over $50 online will include a link to a free webinar of your choice, taught by Dan de lion on herbalism and foraging topics.
And anyone who donates $150 or over gets a free herbal consultation by Dan.
To receive your free webinar, email me at email@example.com under the subject line "Dan's solar fundraiser" or something like that and indicate which one you want. Check out the options at: http://returntonature.us/published-articles/class-recordings-downloads/
3. Donate to the gofundme page any time for awesome herbal rewards! Check it out at www.gofundme.com/returntonature
Check out the event on facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/events/1486870841398583
More About The Class: Alex of Antinanco Earth Arts School will lead the class and also give out a measurement chart and a brochure with instructions that they can use as a tool for their future needs for all those who attend in person.
You’ll understand how to formulate your needs and to set priorities, address safety issues and learn basics of electricity, solar energy current technologies and youll also be able to ask any questions you have live!
We will show you how to implement some of the technologies right on camera!
Some topics we will cover:
-Knowing your needs and setting energy priorities
-Basics of safe electrical rigging
-A breakdown of some of the available solar energy technology and batteries
- And tips for planning the electrical needs and determining the necessary amount of gear for your purposes.
See you there!
I just ordered 2 solar panels for $318! Here comes dropping about 1500, but then the van will be able to charge laptop, power lights, and charge phones! This will enable multimedia podcasting and live videos while I travel, tour, and teach!
Thanks to all who are buying from our apothecary and supporting the crowd funding page at www.gofundme.com/returntonature
Every penny helps!
Huge thanks to Alex from @antinancoeartharts for this map and all the help organizing the plan! We will have a fundraiser and live workshop on www.facebook.com/returntonatureskills on October 15th!
Hope you will join us then!
More to come,
Dan de Lion
I’m super grateful to my dad for helping me out today, and now I’m looking into potentials for an insulation layer under this flooring before I fasten the flooring. It needs to be waterproof, and insulative. Im looking into the possibility of rockwool which is like wool, but supposedly it doesn't absorb moisture, which can be a big problem with any insulation against metal.
Do you have any suggestions #vandweller and #diy culture?
Super excited to start planning for the #solarpanel set up at Antinanco Earth Arts School where a good friend Alex, and I, have been working on plans to rig all the vans needs with a solar set up!
We will offer that workshops both online and in person, in early October and I plan to blog that process for everyone to also have the capacity to learn how to go solar. More to come on that soon!
Help support the Return to Nature mission and the #Foragemobile and roving herbalism school project at www.gofundme.com/returntonature
Dan de Lion