Foraging Herbal Roving Van School
About: Dan De Lion is an Earth Herbalist, Forager, Musician, and Teacher dedicated to working with Nature to facilitate the reunion of the people with our planetary purpose. Since 2010, Dan has been teaching throughout the world through Return to Nature, providing classes, lectures, and seminars on wild food foraging, mushroom identification, herbal medicine making, as well as primitive and survival skills with a focus on wild foods and forest medicines as well as cultural transformation.
I am seeking to take the work and mission of Return to Nature to the next level and and I need your help!
It is time to Manifest a Foragemobile Van that will be a Roving Herbal School!
Imagine a roving herbal apothecary coming to your town! With your help, I can manifest a van for traveling and teaching classes and work on cultural earth based skills and shamanic tradition preservation and documentation, knowledge keeping by making documentaries, writing books, and doing interviews with the last remaining magicians of the old traditions.
These documentaries and this life path will be a series of writings and videos called "Seeking the Medicine" .
This will also enable me to follow the foraging season, travel and visit so many of you all, to share and teach classes, to seek medicine places, and have fun with all kinds of plant magic technology symbiosis. Plus I plan to write my first book in the van over the winter to publish in spring of 2017.
Things I will be able to Offer Our Community:
- Music: the van will be a recording studio and I will be able to record my original music.
- Live webcasts: While I travel I will be able to teach live from my van and wild locations!
- Ability to Go on Tour: I get so many requests to come teach to many communities, but have not had a reliable vehicle. This van will enable me to be on a full perpetual teaching tour to your local community. I will visit many communities, ecovillages, towns, and help build sustainable models through my vast teaching curriculum.
- Ability to Forage and Make Medicines: With the ability to travel, I can offer wildcrafted and ethically produced products to share while I follow the harvest. I will also get the chance to reseed and tend the wild, replanting and caretaking the ecosystem, and teaching and documenting these ways as I go. Along with this I will show the ways to eat invasive plants, and develop cottage industry goods from the abundant resources available in nature.
- Ability to visit and interview with many teachers and indigenous elders: travel with this van will enable me to spend more time learning from, and broadcasting live with teachers. A large part of the mission of RTN is to give the mic to the elders, a way to hear their stories, tradition, and ideas toward a more sane and sustainable future.
- Sharing my various workshops with more communities: since I will have a van as a home base I can set up in different locations and offer many classes for several weeks at a time, plant walks everywhere!
- Live blogging and writing: This van will enable me the ability to sit and use the computer, get wifi (hopefully subscribers to new video updates will help me turn my phone into a wifi hotspot) this will enable me to complete my first of many books due out in the spring of 2017.
- Join us for my Online and In Person Mentorship Program Options! - Check out the programs at: www.returntonature.us
<iframe media_type="0" media_id="YhCCLpwn1YI" class="youtube-replace" title="YouTube video player" style="margin-bottom:20px;width:560px;height:315px;" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YhCCLpwn1YI/?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="1"></iframe>
Thankful and grateful for all and any donations to help manifest this vision into the earth work!
Return to Nature
The Final Vision Questions:
-Gas or diesel? Some say that diesel freezes up in the cold conditions and needs to be plugged in, others have said that that is not true for new vehicles, and that this is only the case in extreme cold conditions. Some say diesel is hard to find, back and fourth, opinions differ.
-Can I maintain at least more than 5-800 payments (payment and insurance) sharing our herbal goods, teaching live classes, and webinars, and serving in the awakening however I can.
With the Van:
- I plant to offer different permutations of short film and live webcasting tv shows with exclusive content with subscribers through patreon: https://www.patreon.com/Returntonature - please join here.
- This will give the ability to teach SO MUCH, from how to bulk stock a van with survival/food items, how to make your own wild food incorporated meals, and how to cook on a fire, foraging and rewilding practices, and exclusive interviews with elders and herbalists; influential teachers as I travel to visit them.
This will give the opportunity of in person and online workshops, and to mix and match both online and in person options.
- To travel and share our awesome Return to Nature Herbal Goodies. I envision being able to ethically wildcraft all over north America to bring to our apothecary, and to then share with you all a piece of that medicine journey.
What do you say? is this something you want to support?
If you do appreciate this work that I and our growing community endeavor, please help share or donate for a van so that I can take the mission of Return to Nature full time on the road! Every share about our offerings, and every donation helps!
Also please consider purchasing our hand crafted love made goodies from our Return to Nature - Herbal CSA - we have both individual and yearly subscriptions to our lovemade goodies available, as well as individual items all hand crafted, and proceeds help our growing return to nature community thrive, as well as portions go toward helping me achieve my van dream!
Dan de Lion
Soon I will be releasing my van plan with all of the research I've been doing which I will begin enacting on March 1.
This gives incubation time and vision questing, as well as time for addressing any other unpredictables that arise.
After I get that solidified probably the end of March then I will be looking to book the westward tour from June to October.
So far I have some great dates lined up in pa, Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, and nm. Then I will be touring and teaching from la to mt Shasta with an eastward winter tour. Looking forward to collaborating and sharing with you all soon.
Keep praying for this vision and help in any way by donating or sharing to:
Here's a preview of the van vision!
Dan de Lion
We have found the perfect van! More to come on that soon! Please help by continuing to spread the word, raise awareness of our work, and please consider donating to this mission!
As spring comes near, and the foraging and herbalism teaching tour begins, we will be offering exclusive live herbalism and foraging, as well as travel content on patreon.
Join in the fun and subscribe or pledge your donation today!
I plan to begin touring around the north east come march, and from there spread out further, with a possible trip beginning a westward tour leaving the east coast in July and ending up around October in California with a tour from LA to Mt. Shasta. With lots of stops and classes along the way including a visit to herbalist and alchemist Timothy A. Wilkerson and the Midwest Herb Fest in Indiana in the summer. Please be in touch if you would like to help collaborate on booking classes in your area during that time!
Choosing the van itself has been a slow churning process where a good friend Matt has been helping me learn to really scrutinize vans. I've been hesitant about rear wheel drive, because they will get stuck everywhere. So we found one with all wheel drive!
Its a 2003 Chevrolet Express G1500 high top conversion van. Which will be decked out with a solar panel on the roof, bulk storage for food and herbs, a place to dry and store wildcrafted plants and mushrooms, and room for family potlucks with you all in the "living room" area of the van <3 I envision that this van will enable me to establish several hubs where when the doors open, there is a sustainable village, full of workshops, that will unpack from the van.
Click here to support this vision and to learn more: https://www.gofundme.com/returntonature
We are constantly updating different "herbal rewards" for donating to our gofundme project, as well as opening our 2017 herbal csa at Return to Nature - Herbal CSA - All of your support helps this mission thrive, and please, if you have any questions, help it be transparent. I envision this process being part of the teaching towards self reliance, self sustainability, and the Return to Nature paradigm.
And check out lots more at www.facebook.com/returntonatureskills and www.facebook.com/dandelionwildchild