Pray for Gianni

$27,323 of $50,000 goal

Raised by 291 people in 9 months
Sunday evening (November 12) 11-year-old Gianni Farinacci was in a serious four wheeler accident. He was airlifted to Sanford Hospital in Sioux Falls. He underwent a four hour brain surgery where part of his skull had to be removed and now we wait to see what happens next. Gianni is in the ICU, he is intubated and nurses and doctors are surrounding him watching him minute by minute. They're watching his body temperature, the pressure in his brain, everything. 

No one knows the future for Gianni right now, so we are praying for a miracle. The famiy is being told that if he is able to pull through this, there is a good chance he will have some type of brain damage, but it is too early to tell how severe it will be. 

It is minute by minute. Doctors say the first 72 hours are critical, however right now he is with us and holding on like the strong little man he is.

Please consider a donation to help the Farinacci family through this difficult time. Medical expenses will add up quickly along with lost wages from work. Family is the most important and Nicole and AJ need to be by their little boys side.
+ Read More
Back from the MRI. Here is the latest from Nicole. Gianni had his MRI today. There is no word on how his brain is overall, but here is what they know so far: His neck brace is off! Praise the lord, there are no broken bones in his neck, no torn ligament, only the right neck muscle is bruised. He is currently running a temp of 100, so they're working to get that under control. They have given him a PICC line and also took out his central line.

A neurologist will review the MRI and will be providing more details on how everything else is looking. This should help provide more clarity on the damage that was done and what to expect going forward. Keep the prayers coming. Will update once we know more.
+ Read More
Update from Nicole: Yesterday was pretty good overall. A few bumps in the road with low temp and controlling swelling in his brain and his heart rate. Right now he's still critical, but stable. The bolt to monitor his swelling was removed this morning and they were immediately prepping him for his MRI, which will give a much better look at his brain and the injuries we are dealing with. It was taking a long time trying to transport him, so his spot was taken and they're waiting to get in again. He should hopefully be in for his MRI in a couple hours. This will give us a better idea of what is going on and what we're dealing with. Will update once we know more.
+ Read More
Update from Nicole this morning: Gianni was stable last night. This morning his heart rate increased so they increased his pain meds. Today there are three steps:

1. use bear hug blanket, which is an additional way to regulate his temp.
2. Remove pressure monitor from his head. They have other ways to monitor the pressure in his brain and they're not concerned with taking it out because he hasn't shown any real changes in fluctuation.
3. Nurses will be bending his arms/legs for movement.

Plan is to try to get an MRI tomorrow, which will give a much more clear look at his brain and where things are at. This will depend on how he handles all the activity today.

Thanks everyone for your support! Keep praying...
+ Read More
For those wondering where Gianni is getting his amazing care. This is the Sanford Children's Hospital. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00o-NleGiZE
+ Read More
Read a Previous Update

$27,323 of $50,000 goal

Raised by 291 people in 9 months
Your share could be bringing in donations. Sign in to track your impact.
We will never post without your permission.
In the future, we'll let you know if your sharing brings in any donations.
We weren't able to connect your Facebook account. Please try again later.
Louise and Gus Crocco
5 months ago
Sean Farrell
5 months ago
Richard Munson
5 months ago
Darin and Stefanie Hage
5 months ago
Jamee and Sean Coffman
6 months ago
Katie Bussr
6 months ago
James Sullivan
6 months ago
Cory Kostboth
7 months ago
Susan Kostboth
7 months ago
Seth and Ashley Artz
7 months ago
Or, use your email…
Use My Email Address
By continuing, you agree with the GoFundMe
terms and privacy policy
There's an issue with this Campaign Organizer's account. Our team has contacted them with the solution! Please ask them to sign in to GoFundMe and check their account. Return to Campaign

Are you ready for the next step?
Even a $5 donation can help!
Donate Now Not now
Connect on Facebook to keep track of how many donations your share brings.
We will never post on Facebook without your permission.