Noah's funds for surgery at Boston Children's

$15,931 of $30,000 goal

Raised by 194 people in 2 months
https://www.facebook.com/NoahtheBrave/ 
Help us get Noah to Boston for a chance at open heart surgery in Boston Children's. 

       Noah Alderson is a 4 year old boy from Spokane, Wa. He was scheduled to have his 3rd open heart surgery in Spokane in the next year but we were devastated when told that the surgery that had been planned, he was no longer a candidate for.  This lead us on several trips to Seattle children's hospital, we sent for several second opinions all of which came back with negative news that they could not help Noah with his heart.
     After researching a specialist at the number one Children's heart hospital, Boston Children's we found a doctor willing to try to attempt a surgery on his heart called a biventricular repair. On August 15th we have an appointment in Boston to go and see this doctor for him to assess Noah and ensure he is a candidate for surgery. If all goes well he will have surgery August 19th in Boston. Boston is 3,000 miles each way and due to the nature of Noah's medical procedures they don't want him flying prior to heart cath and heart procedures. This leaves us with the task of renting an RV and or borrowing one and all the expenses from this we estimate will cost  $8,000-$10,000 dollars. This is for gas, RV camp fees and all expenses for a 3 to 4 week stay in Boston. If a surgery can be done then this is the average time we may need to stay in Boston. 
    Boston Children's might be our only chance, our fighting chance for Noah to be able to make it and we love him and are desperate for this opportunity for him.  We are grateful for your support in this.  We have raised roughly $3,100 left from his last gofund me campaign to add to this as well but we still need roughly 5,000 still to make this trip happen.  
+ Read More
We would like to sincerely thank every person who has donated to this cause, to help get our 4 year old Noah on this trip to Boston, it means everything to our family. This trip and future trips to Boston can mean the difference of life or death for our son.

After a lot of reflection, we have set a new goal and are working with some support to not only raise funds for our sons travel for this trip to Boston, but to ensure his medical travel needs for future as well. Our little boy is extremely complex and we are certain our son will always have some medical travel needs. We are so beyond grateful that EVERY weight has been lifted off our shoulders for this entire trip and it is because of that extreme generosity from these amazing people and companies listed that we can now put our focus on raising funds for his follow up and future care and needs.

We were informed by Boston that it is highly probable there will need to be follow up visits. We have just found out that this repair on his heart could be a 1, 2 or 3 step surgical process. That was not something I was aware of before. This has been on my mind over the last week as we have been preparing for our trip and reaching out for help for such a large undertaking...to our complete surprise our loving community, complete strangers who are now friends and on TEAM Noah the brave and Outdoorsy, SeattleRVadventures, Jayco and countless others have come together to aid us in the trip in August. My biggest fear is that we will need to get Noah to Boston in the future (and back and forth to Seattle Children's due to his trach and vent checkups ) We would like to continue fundraising to secure funds for at least a years worth of travel expenses for Noah. It is with that future plan in mind that we have decided to continue our fundraising efforts.
Traveling with Noah has been such a huge huge undertaking for this trip alone and we are so blessed to have a huge team behind us on this one!!!! I have so much faith in God and in his plans for our son and after witnessing this miracle of this trip coming together, we have faith that if Noah has future needs that God will provide a way.

Thank you all, old friends, new friends, family, We are grateful for each and every one of you.

Love, The Alderson Family
+ Read More
*****Please HELP us by sharing, we need to get our baby to Boston Children's hospital. *****

We just found out that our plans to borrow an RV from a sweet friend will no longer be an option as her RV is having electrical problems and wouldn't be safe for travel.

We are in desperate need of an RV to borrow for the month of August in order to drive our 4 year old son Noah to Boston Children's hospital to look at options for his 3rd open heart surgery. Currently 3 other hospitals have given opinions for us with no options for surgery. Dr. Emani has pioneered a surgery that might work for our little boy, We just need to get him there to see if it will work. Getting a child with all his machines, oxygen, medical supplies, medications, and a family of 6 to Boston is not an easy feat so we are looking to the community for help. He cannot fly there due to risk of getting sick prior to surgery and sedated testing on commercial flights We looked into medical flights but he has to be inpatient to qualify with his insurance and we cannot get all the supplies and things with carry on it would be so difficult as we have traveled as light as possible and still need 25 plus suitcases to get us there.

We are reaching out as the trip for Boston is in August. We are looking into options such as writing to local RV places, and things but we wanted to put our feelers out there if anyone knows anyone?
I want to thank Julie for her willingness to have offered even though it seems her RV is out of order it was such a generous offer.
Important things to know:
What we need is :
an RV not a travel trailer
large enough for family of 6(4 kids two parents)
It has to be extremely safe ( fairly newer less than 10 years) in order to be safe and reliable also Noah has many issues with his respiratory system and older RVs can have mold and other irritants.
To be able to borrow it for entire month of August for sure.
To be able to safely drive it to Boston and back without mechanical issues.
We can maybe add additional insurance coverage to it for the month as well.

I know its a lot to ask of someone and we realize this but we know that we have to get Noah to Boston and in our hearts we feel this is the safest way to get him there. We know God has reasons for everything so we are going to remain hopeful and start looking for options.

We want to mention as well that we have looked into options of flight and hotels and looked into what the social worker at Boston Children's can help with and at this time the RV feels like the only option. There is a lot of reasons the RV works best which If you PM us we can explain. ONE of the most important is traveling in a car is not easy on Noah and our 1 year old baby and it is a nearly 40 hour drive ( for us with Noah we often double the time)

So please from a mother to other parents, or friends or really anyone who can hear this plea for our child, please share and maybe we can find a way to get our son his best option and a fighting chance. We would do anything for our son, he is the light of our lives and he deserves this opportunity. His life has blessed so many around him.

Also we are grateful if you can share or donate to our fund to get him there. We have currently $3,100 so far left from last years fundraising efforts but estimate needing at least $8,000 for gas, RV parking, any emergencies, and David having to be off work for this time and for the follow up after surgery.
+ Read More
Read a Previous Update

$15,931 of $30,000 goal

Raised by 194 people in 2 months
Your share could be bringing in donations. Sign in to track your impact.
   Connect
We will never post without your permission.
In the future, we'll let you know if your sharing brings in any donations.
We weren't able to connect your Facebook account. Please try again later.
LC
$20
Linda Chasteen
4 days ago
$10
Anonymous
6 days ago
WC
$121
Wendy Cumming
7 days ago
$100
Anonymous
8 days ago
BM
$200
Bernard Murphy
8 days ago
$50
Anonymous
8 days ago
JL
$25
Joanne & Mike Lane
8 days ago
CP
$50
Carol Peterson
8 days ago
RR
$25
Robert Ray
8 days ago
KP
$20
Ken Purdy
9 days ago
or
Use My Email Address
By continuing, you agree with the GoFundMe
terms and privacy policy
There's an issue with this Campaign Organizer's account. Our team has contacted them with the solution! Please ask them to sign in to GoFundMe and check their account. Return to Campaign

Are you ready for the next step?
Even a $5 donation can help!
Donate Now Not now
Connect on Facebook to keep track of how many donations your share brings.
We will never post on Facebook without your permission.