3
3
3

Memory Lane Podcast for Alzheimers

£35 of £500 goal

Raised by 4 people in 9 months
Created April 11, 2018

The Mansfield Matters 'Memory Lane Podcast' is a brand new project to raise money for the Alzheimer's Society, the countries leading dementia charity who, among other excellent work, work with former footballers who sadly now have dementia. 

THE IDEA
Mansfield Matters will present a series of pre-recorded podcasts which feature former players and managers of Mansfield Town Football Club, who will share their stories and memories of the career with club, with each show being professionally filmed and recorded for Facebook and iTunes, with viewers and listeners encouraged to donate to the charity.

We've chosen the Alzheimer's Society, as they support a number of fantastic groups who activley encourage getting people together to share stories and memories over a cuppa, which is exactly what we'll be doing. 

HOW CAN WE HELP
We are asking for help in three ways, the first is a general donation - if you have enjoyed watching or listening to the regular podcast, or indeed the new series, we're asking you to give whatever you can to help us reach our goal.

GUESTS
So far we have the following signed up with more to follow....

Ian Bowling
Bobby Hassell
Micky Boulding
Jon D'Layrea
Paul Cox
Les Robinson
Jamie McGuire
Gareth Jellyman
Neil MacKenzie
Joel Byrom

This page has been set up for you to donate to the cause and help us bring this idea to life, 80% of all donations received through this page, will go directly to the charity with the remaining 20% going towards running costs such as venue hire etc. 

HOW YOUR MONEY HELPS
In 2015/16, for every £1 the charity received,  89p  was spent on directly improving the lives of people with dementia. The other 11p goes towards generating future income.

Thanks to you, last year, their income increased from £90.7 million to £97.9 million.  They spent 12% more on work meeting the needs of people affected by dementia, inspiring change and advancing research. Through local services, your support directly helped over 100,000 people.

WHY THE ALZHEIMER'S SOCIETY?
Many former footballers have dementia, including Mansfield Town legend Kevin Bird, and as such we thought a series of stories from ex-footballers would be the ideal way for us, as supporters, to back a cause which helps our heroes. We are not directly working for the charity, but all feel very passionate about the charity, and have worked hard to make this series a success to reach our initial goal of £500 which will help make a REAL difference. 

http://www.mtfcmatters.co.uk/a-trip-down-memory-lane.html

CATCH UP | Ep 1 Ian Bowling Contains Strong Language

CATCH UP | Ep 2 Bobby Hassell


REWARD LEVEL T&CS
All reward draws will only take place IF our fundraising target is met by the opening day of the League Two season 2018/19. Should the fundraising target NOT be met by this date - refunds will NOT be given, as the money goes to charity.

All reward levels are seperate, meaning someone entering the £30 draw does NOT get automatically entered into the other draws! 

Those entering the draw must provide a name and contact details

+ Read More

£35 of £500 goal

Raised by 4 people in 9 months
Created April 11, 2018
Your share could be bringing in donations. Sign in to track your impact.
   Connect
We will never post without your permission.
In the future, we'll let you know if your sharing brings in any donations.
We weren't able to connect your Facebook account. Please try again later.
MC
£10
Martin Cunningham
8 months ago
JD
£10
Jonathan D’Laryea
8 months ago
MH
£5
Michael Hannant
8 months ago
MC
£10
Martin Cunningham
8 months ago
or
Use My Email Address
By continuing, you agree with the GoFundMe
terms and privacy policy
There's an issue with this Campaign Organizer's account. Our team has contacted them with the solution! Please ask them to sign in to GoFundMe and check their account. Return to Campaign

Are you ready for the next step?
Even a £5 donation can help!
Donate Now Not now
Connect on Facebook to keep track of how many donations your share brings.
We will never post on Facebook without your permission.