Level Up Magic Mirror Comics!
We at Magic Mirror Comics are proud to serve our community by connecting readers with stories and heroes as diverse as they are! Our shop is a welcoming, inclusive space, staffed by passionate people who love the comics medium as much as we love sharing that interest with others.
About this fundraiser:
We've been fortunate to secure a shiny new location for our shop, in Mill Creek Town Center! In this new space, we will be able to host more exciting events, bring in more creators for you to meet, and provide more fun services for you to take advantage of. While these opportunities are exciting, they don't happen without a financial component. As we settle in to our new home, there are the expenses that accompany any kind of move, and if you've ever moved, you know that it always takes longer and costs more than you thought it would. The more this campaign raises, the more we can focus on bringing you creators from farther afield and giving you a comfortable place to hang out!
Some of the things on the list of what will be funded by this campaign:
- Moving expenses! This covers the usual suspects like packing tape and a van to get the big stuff safely in place.
- Rent! For the first month, we'll be juggling both locations, and as anyone who's rented anything knows, that is the biggest chunk of any set of expenses.
- Travel and accommodations for creators to visit our shop! Some creators we've spoken with about this are David Mack, Kelly Sue DeConnick, Matt Fraction, Charles Soule, and Christopher Sebela.
- More events! We've already started the ball rolling on things like a beginner Dungeons & Dragons class and campaign, kids lightsaber workshops, writing and art seminars with published creators, and crafting projects led by local makers.
- More comfortable furniture! With more and more of you attending our craft nights, book clubs, ladies nights, and gaming events, you deserve to be in a comfy seat with clear lighting. New tables, chairs, lights, and even a sofa will grace our new hangout space!
- New fixtures and products! We know you want a wider selection of books and merchandise, and we can bring you that! We just need to meet order minimums and get the right displays. Along with shelves for books, we'll get racks and products like jewelry from Optimystical Studios, Espionage Cosmetics, gaming gear (dice, books, miniatures), and exclusives from Funko.
- More staff! With a busier location, we'll need more great humans on staff to keep providing you with attentive service and recommendations. With more staff, we'll also be able to send our folks to regular popup locations to bring comics to those living outside a convenient radius. We're aware that those farther north and east are in particular need of help juggling weekly comics shipments! Great humans deserve great compensation, and we want the best!
We're moving quickly! By the end of April, 2017, we'll have moved our operations fully into our new location. We're kicking off our official grand re-opening celebration with Free Comic Book Day, the first weekend in May, and we want it to be the best nerd-party outside of ECCC. We already have creators and giveaways, but we can do so much more!
It has been our great privilege to be a part of the local comics community, and your support will allow us to ensure that you'll always have a safe, inclusive space in which to indulge your fandoms! You, as our community of customers and friends, make us proud every day. Whenever a creator has visited, you have made them welcome and impressed them with your camaraderie. We're so grateful that you've chosen to support us and make our shop your shop.