214
214
12

Mackensie Yeaton's Medical Fund

$15,218 of $20,000 goal

Raised by 216 people in 7 months
On February 18th, 2018 we began noticing Mackensie's eyes were not functioning properly.  After being told by our pediatrician to take Mackensie to the E.R., a catscan revealed lesions on her brain. Mackensie was then rushed in an ambulance to the Summerlin Children's Hospital in Las Vegas, and over the last week doctors have ran a series of MRIs, a spinal tap, and an abdominal ultrasound to try and determine the exact diagnosis.  Mackensie has been incredibly strong despite the gauntlet of tests, but the resources available at the Summerlin hospital are not equipped to diagnose our little girl properly.  As a result, she has been airlifted to the children's hospital in Los Angeles where doctors will hopefully be able to determine what is finally wrong with Mackensie and provide proper treatment for her illness.

Unfortunately, our insurance will only cover a small percentage of out-of-state medical costs.  Furthermore, neither of us have been able to work in the past week.  Since our jobs are heavily reliant on tips from customers, we have not been able to make money since this ordeal began. 

Mackensie is the sweetest little girl and it breaks our heart she is being put through this.  We want nothing more than for doctors to diagnose the problem and begin treatment so Mackensie can return to a normal life.  The medical bills are overwhelming, so we are setting up this fundraising campaign for Mackensie's medical care.  We are thankful for any and all donations, and they will be directly used to pay for the recent medical bills . If you have questions about this process or about the campaign, feel free to e-mail us using the contact link on the campaign page.

Thank you,

Skyler and Melia
+ Read More
Miss Mac had her 5 th Mri on July 20, we were told that day she definitely had a tumor and it had grown.Later in the week her team of doctors met and decided it had not grown and maybe not a tumor . They are uncertain of what her condition is but the neurologist says its may be a low grade glial neoplasm (brain tumor). We are trying to get a 2nd opinion from a pediatric oncologist here in Las vegas but its been over a month trying to get a appointment with them. Her symptoms she has lately complaints of head hurting ,eyes hurting and fatigue. We will travel back to La Children's hospital in October for another Mri and meet with her doctors. Mac has her good days and some bad days but is a fighter. We ask for continued prayers for her and still find answers for whats this is!! Also if our friends and family can pass along her story maybe that can help with finding some answers in this world! I posted this picture the highlighted circle in the mid brain is the lesion/tumor. This is in part of brain that they cant get to and would do more harm than anything. Thank you all for the support..love Skyler and Melia
+ Read More
We have arrived home from Mackensie's latest hospital stay. They did her 4 th MRI and more blood work and it looks the same as a few weeks ago. The doctors are telling us now she may have a tumor in the mid brain area. They can't biopsy or remove it due to its location and would do more harm than anything. We can't do Chemo ,because of the uncertainty of the mass. Her vision on her eyes may continue to deteriorate in the meantime. We will continue to travel back and forth to LA childrens to monitor the tumor. We are reaching out now to ST JUDES and DANA-FARBER hospitals for 2nd opinions. These hospitals specialize in brain tumors in children. Thank you to all who have donated and been praying for our little MAC.
+ Read More
After returning home we started the ten day steroid pack and everything was going fine for the first five days or so. On Sunday March 11th she started acting fussy and then the following day her left eye started to become droopy and shift back to the left. The doctors suggested we finish off the steroids and see how she reacted to the entire trail of medicine. During that time we got the results of the Lumbar Puncture and everything came back negative, no NMO or anything similar. The hospital asked that we send them pictures and videos of her eyes and after receiving our email they asked us to return. Her condition has worsened over the last 48 hours, both eyes droopy and shifting at this point. We drove from Las Vegas to Los Angeles yesterday and she's hooked up to an IV and started some blood work. Back to the waiting game for the Yeaton's. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers.

+ Read More
After 16 days we finally brought baby Mac home. On Friday March 2nd they started her on a 5 day trial of Prednisone (commonly used steroid). They have her on 300mg a day, 5 day trial. Monday we celebrated her birthday and on Tuesday we woke up to a great sight, her left eye had suddenly returned to almost normalcy. Our team of doctor's and neurologist's had a meeting and it was determined that she would be able to return home. While we still don't have a diagnosis we are thankful the steroids are working. She is currently on a 10 day pack. We will head back to Los Angeles next month to get the Lumbar puncture results and get a basic check up. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

Love Always,
The Yeatons
+ Read More
Read a Previous Update

$15,218 of $20,000 goal

Raised by 216 people in 7 months
Your share could be bringing in donations. Sign in to track your impact.
   Connect
We will never post without your permission.
In the future, we'll let you know if your sharing brings in any donations.
We weren't able to connect your Facebook account. Please try again later.
GF
$100
Gilbert Feghali
1 month ago
$50
Carol & Barry b Grossman
1 month ago
BV
$50
Barbara Vergara
1 month ago
$25
Rose G
1 month ago
$50
Mike Manchester
1 month ago
PR
$20
Phillip Rodriguez
1 month ago
$25
Anonymous
1 month ago
CE
$50
Courtney Ellis
1 month ago
JW
$20
Joe Watson
1 month ago
$50
Katy Mauger
1 month ago
or
Use My Email Address
By continuing, you agree with the GoFundMe
terms and privacy policy
There's an issue with this Campaign Organizer's account. Our team has contacted them with the solution! Please ask them to sign in to GoFundMe and check their account. Return to Campaign

Are you ready for the next step?
Even a $5 donation can help!
Donate Now Not now
Connect on Facebook to keep track of how many donations your share brings.
We will never post on Facebook without your permission.