100/10 Leatherman of Color Fund
The Leatherman of Color title, now in its 10th year, continues to represent the needs and perspectives of Men of Color in the Leather Community. We have a dynamic new title holder in Khalid El Bey, a dynamic speaker and sexual health educator.
Mufasa's Pride, sponsor of the Leatherman of Color title, wants to support the work and travel of Khalid in the upcoming year, and we need your help. We're asking for at least 100 people to donate at least $10 to support Khalid's travels to Mid-Atlantic Leather Weekend (MAL); Cleveland Leather Awareness Weekend (CLAW); the International Mr. Leather (IML) Contest; and other events during his title year.
Your donations will cover Khalid's travel expenses, and enable him to continue his work of support and education. All donors will be listed as sponsors in the Leatherman of Color contest program in Washington DC for 2017. We'd love to list your name as a sponsor! Be a part of the 100/10 campaign today!
Please consider making a donation now, or during the Leatherman of Color 2016 Virtual Town Hall this coming Monday, May 23rd, at 10:00pm EST/9:00pm CST. The Town Hall, an interview by Tyesha Nicole Best, will give the community a chance to chat with Khalid and get to know him and his work (current and upcoming) for his title year. You can inbox me or the Leather Man of Color page on Facebook for more information.
Again, thanks for the support!
• Co-Emcee, Night of A Thousand Kinks (Fundraiser)
• Back-Patch Sponsor, Drummer North America (DNA) 2016 Contest
• Cigar Social (Fundraiser for Black Gifted and Whole HBCU Scholarship Fund)
• Workshop Presenter, Fourth Annual ManDate Conference, Washington DC
• Workshop Presenter, Cleveland Leather Awareness Weekend (CLAW) 2016
• Assistant Pledge Master, Onyx Mid-Atlantic Chapter
• At-Large Board Member, DC Leather Pride
• Presenter, “Prepared for PrEP” Roundtable, Whitman-Walker Health, Washington DC
• Participant and Cake Entry, Scarlet’s Bake Sale (Fundraiser)
• Peer Support Counselor, Whitman-Walker Health (ongoing)
• Outreach and Harm Reduction Counselor, Helping Individual People Survive (HIPS) (ongoing)
• 2016 Los Angeles Leather Contest
• 2016 Drummer North America Contest
• Mid-Atlantic Leather (MAL) Weekend 2016
• 2016 Mr. Chicago Leather Contest
• SMYAL Fall Brunch Fundraiser
• Lawyers for SMYAL Fundraiser
• Mr. Maryland Leather 2016 Contest/
COMMAND Anniversary Run Weekend
• ONYX BlackOut Anniversary Weekend
• Highwaymen TNT Anniversary Event (Washington, DC)
• DC Leather Pride Ball Fundraiser
• World AIDS Day Observance, Whitman Walker Health, Washington, DC
• Wyatt O’Brien Evans (WOE) Blog
You can also have your chance to chat with Khalid, support his title year, and learn more about him and his work with the Virtual Town Hall, which goes live on Monday, May 23rd, at 10:00pm Eastern Standard Time. Check out the Leatherman of Color 2016 Facebook pages for more information.