Life has thrown us a wrench

$8,750 of $10,000 goal

Raised by 100 people in 3 months
When we were in Vegas Stuart had gotten really sick and took a ride to the hospital. We all thought it was food poisoning. Afterall that is what made sense. Through the week he would be fine and then he would say he wasn't feeling good. Last Sunday he went to urgent care and they told him that basically at his age it takes longer to recover. Lets face it were not getting any younger. Fast Forward to Tuesday. I get a call Tuesday night about 8:30 from Stuart that he was at the hospital and that he had gotten there via ambulance from work. I said I had wondered what was going on because I had been texting but no response. Now this time of year it wouldnt be unheard of for him to work until after 6. So anyways, they were going to run some tests and were talking about transferring him to Kaiser. I called Wednesday morning before going to work to see if they did transfer him. They said that he is now in a room in ICU. They put me through to the nurse and she tells me that they are going to be doing a bunch of tests. So I proceed to go into work. The nurse had my number if I needed to get there for anything. After work I head to the hospital and the doctor comes in to talk to me. He proceeds to tell me that Stuart had a stroke. They put him on blood thinners to help the flow of blood and hopefully move the blockage. It is called a Ischemic Stroke and happened in the lower back part of the brain. He is very sensitive to light, he has balance issues as he tends to lean to one side and is having a hard time swallowing. All of this can be helped with physical therapy. He is doing good, really he is. He was transferred to a regular room on Friday 5/11. Which is a really good thing for him because now he will be able to get some sleep. In ICU they were poking and prodding every couple of hours.  

Well they decided to transfer him to Kaiser hospital on Monday 5/14.  It is on the east side of town but traffic is a bear.  The doctor is now talking about surgery.  They will go in through the groin area on up to the brain to break up the blockage.  This will happen on Thursday or Monday.  

Meanwhile, with all this going on, Stuart of course is not able to work and therefore there is no income coming in except for mine.  We dont know how long he will be out of work.  They are talking about physical therapy afterwards.  My income alone cannot pay our bills.  Plus we don't know what medical expenses will be coming our way.  

I do not like to ask for help for any reason so this is very hard for me to do.  But I have been asked/told by many that I need to do this.  So here it goes.  If you can help that would be wonderful and if you cannot that is fine too.  

Live life to the fullest because you just never know when something will happen to change it.
+ Read More
Stuart got the PEG tube in on Monday. Hopefully this will allow for his throat to do some healing and start swallowing again. #Progress
+ Read More
Its been a while since I've written an update. Things seem to be progressing a little, atleast physically. He still has the NG tube in his nose for feeding. Late next month they will be looking at putting in a PEG tube to his stomach. I think this will hopefully help him progress in his swallowing & lessen the coughing.

We did have a scare last week in which I did call 911. Everything was ok but it was still 5 hours in the ER and an ambulance ride for him. He was losing balance all over the place (like a drunk person), his eyes were glazed over, he had what appeared to be dry mouth and I couldnt understand what he was saying as his words were slurred. They say the first few months after a stroke you are more apt to have another. Not taking any chances I called 911. They were quick to respond. Once at the hospital they ran a series of test and hooked him up to a couple bags of fluids. He was appearing normal at the hospital. They released him around 2am and we went home.

Were only in this a couple of months and we still have so much further to go. I know we will get there. Thank you everyone for the continued love and support. Love you all!!!!

+ Read More
Well Stuart finally got to come home on Friday. Started off good but had to make a trip to the ER on Saturday night as the NG tube came out of his nose. Sunday we were paid a visit by the at home nurse. He was pleasant and helped out with more tube issues. That afternoon Stuart got sick. But today was a better day. Taking it one day at a time, one step at a time.
+ Read More
Well it is now looking like next Friday June 15th Stuart will be coming home. Just a few extra days of physical therapy to help him along. Its going to be a long journey but we will get there one day at a time. Thank you again to everyone for their love, prayers & support. You are all the best!!!
+ Read More
Read a Previous Update

$8,750 of $10,000 goal

Raised by 100 people in 3 months
Your share could be bringing in donations. Sign in to track your impact.
We will never post without your permission.
In the future, we'll let you know if your sharing brings in any donations.
We weren't able to connect your Facebook account. Please try again later.
Rob Dennis
2 days ago
Andy Dulley
3 days ago
Scott Cummins
4 days ago
Suzanne Turnauer
4 days ago
Laura Canida
5 days ago
13 days ago
Arlie Brown
20 days ago
Clarence Deffes
25 days ago
Kent & Elaine Dibble
25 days ago
Or, use your email…
Use My Email Address
By continuing, you agree with the GoFundMe
terms and privacy policy
There's an issue with this Campaign Organizer's account. Our team has contacted them with the solution! Please ask them to sign in to GoFundMe and check their account. Return to Campaign

Are you ready for the next step?
Even a $5 donation can help!
Donate Now Not now
Connect on Facebook to keep track of how many donations your share brings.
We will never post on Facebook without your permission.