Kelli needs medical help...
1) It is NOT a free trial, it is a "risk-free" trial.
2) My hearing is a lot worse than I suspected.
3) I need a hearing aid for my right ear, and should also get one for my left.
4) Most insurance companies do not cover hearing aids. Those that do, only cover a few hundred dollars (he has never seen one cover more than $300).
5) Hearing aids start at $3,000 and can go up from there.
6) I'm screwed!
What I am asking for, is help to get a hearing aid for my right ear. It would be nice to get one for both, but I would at least like one for the "bad" ear.
I know that I am asking a lot, but please remember, even $5.00 helps. Every penny adds up.
The doctor that did my hearing test told me that there are places, like Starkey, that I can apply for assistance, however the application for Starkey is $250 and there is no guarantee that I will get help.
He also said that there are sometimes "recycled" hearing aids that he comes across. If that happens, and I have the funds, I would go for that, as I don't care if it is recycled or not, as long as I can afford it!
Thank you all for reading this. Please share to help get this out there and hopefully help me get something that I desperately need.
Thank you in advance for any/all donations.
She also informed me that since my test is less than 6 months old, I will not have to have a new test, just come in and go about ordering/fitting hearing aids.
Because of this, I am going to see about editing the goal down to $2,000, in case of taxes.
I wanted to post a quick update to let you know that I have been told about other places (Costco, Sams Club, etc) that have them for less than HALF of what that office wanted. I will be looking into it, as the funds go up a little bit, in case of "office visit" fees.
Again, thank you all, from the bottom of my heart. My husband and son thank you as well!