Knutson Medical Costs

$193,981 of $200,000 goal

Raised by 1,452 people in 21 days
This morning, July 28, the unthinkable happened to the Knutson family. MaryAnn, Sierra, Whitney and Trinity Knutson got in the car to go to town while brother Bryson stayed at home with family and TJ was at work at the Emergency Room. There was a terrible accident that sent MaryAnn’s car rolling into a field, resulting in the death of their oldest daughter Sierra. MaryAnn had a break in her neck that is almost certainly going to result in lifelong paralysis from the neck down. Whitney had minor injuries and was discharged from the hospital this afternoon. Little Trinity has a broken femur and some bruising to her lungs, but should recover. All of this happened without TJ knowing until his family was brought into his ER by the ambulance. More than anything, please pray for comfort and healing for the whole Knutson and Bostrom families. There will be enormous medical costs for the Knutson family—if you are able to help financially, it would be a huge blessing in the recovery and medical costs that they will incur. This family has been a blessing to many, what a privilege to be able to return a blessing. Thank you so much for your financial help and your prayers on their behalf.
+ Read More
Here is an update from TJ's brother Michael Knutson sharing about Trinity's 4th birthday and a very special gift she received.

This past Saturday we started out the morning by going to the hospital to visit with MaryAnn. Her ICU nurse and the respiratory therapist had wheeled her outside to a beautiful and somewhat secluded spot on the hospital grounds where she could get some fresh air and also visit with family. It also happened that this particular day was their daughter Trinity’s fourth birthday.
This particular birthday was different for obvious reasons. In the past little Trinity would have been running around rather then stuck in a spica cast. Also in the past TJ & MaryAnn would generally celebrate their children’s birthdays with a small gathering of people usually consisting of family and/or close friends. MaryAnn would be quite involved with the festivities and they would often make a meal and creative dessert of the child’s choosing. This Birthday however, as the visiting came to a close, TJ picked up little Trinity and brought her close to MaryAnn and they were both able to give each other a kiss on the cheek.
Later that day when Trinity was opening presents, her aunt Rebekah and aunt Debbie arrived and brought by the best gift of all. It was a gift from her sister Sierra who died in the car accident. In the weeks preceding the car accident Sierra had it in her heart to sew a sleeping bag and pillow for one of Trinity’s dolls to use. She had expressed to her aunt Rebekah that she was confident Trinity would love it. She had completed this gift within the week before she died and had painstakingly completed the entire project on her own.
MaryAnn has been slowly improving as far as her upper extremities go. She currently can perform controlled & purposeful movements of her shoulder muscles, biceps, pronation & supination, and most recently some controlled movement of her left wrist. Her breathing trials have had ups and downs but generally seem to be improving. Her emotions have had ups and downs as well as anyone could imagine.
Again we thank you all for your continued prayers, love and support.
+ Read More
Hello everyone, I just wanted to share a few pictures that TJ’s mom Sue shared this morning. MaryAnn is able to go outside for some fresh air from time to time and they had some good family time this last Sabbath. Please pray that MaryAnn can be weaned off of the ventilator. She has been on it for 22 days now. Despite all of these difficulties, the faith of this family has been strong. Thank you for praying for the Knutsons and God bless each of you for your generosity towards them. —Jamey
+ Read More
I landed in Sacramento yesterday to spend some time with TJ and his family. I got to visit MaryAnn a few times in the hospital and she looked great! I was greeted with MaryAnn’s warm smile. I noticed that her arm movement was pretty good, and a new improvement is that she can turn her hands over from palm down to palm up! Michael said that he’s seen notable improvement since the beginning of her hospital stay. In the 45 minutes or so that TJ and I were there in the afternoon, MaryAnn was very chatty and in great spirits! She was even cracking jokes and making TJ and I laugh! Her voice is only a whisper, but is pretty easy to understand. Late morning her sisters Rebekah and Deborah gave her a spa treatment which was refreshing for her. I’ve also gotten to spend some time hanging out with all the Knutson grandkids while everyone is out and about. We’ve had fun coloring, singing songs, eating nectarines and plums, reading stories and swimming. Prayer request for today: please pray that MaryAnn can get free of the ventilator and breathe on her own soon. Also pray that she can get into a really good rehab facility. This will be huge for her recovery. The Knutson family has been getting lots of cards and care packages—thank you everyone! Here are a few pictures and one drawing from Whitney of her and her mommy in the mountains.
+ Read More
Some improvement for MaryAnn! Here’s an update from Michael Knutson—-Today MaryAnn had a few visitors, some of whom were their wonderful friends from the Redding area who they used to be neighbors with. This was Sean Pitman and his wife. In addition to a little improvement with her upper extremities (initially limited primarily to a little shoulder and biceps movement) she had a moment today that brought joy to everyone. As TJ was walking into her room this morning he arrived just in time to see the RT and her nurse helping to raise her to a sitting position at the side of the bed. He immediately took the opportunity to sit down beside her and put is arm around her both to hug and support her. The moment of course was short lived as MaryAnn slowly began to desaturate and became fatigued in the sitting position and soon had to be laid back down, but what a moment it was. This afternoon both of MaryAnn’s sisters, Rebekah & Debbie, arrived to visit with her and keep her company through the night.

Later, after TJ came back from the hospital, he shared the photo of MaryAnn sitting at the side of her bed with his two daughters. Little Whitney and Trinity were both overjoyed to see their mommy sitting for the first time in two weeks.

A few other things that have brought joy to MaryAnn this week are the couple times she has been wheeled outside to a secluded spot on the hospital grounds (along with a small ventilator) to get some fresh air. She has also been able to take sips of water and chew on ice chips, though she is still being fed through a NG tube. She has also been able to see her children a few more times. TJ and MaryAnn additionally have been so grateful for the visitors that have come by during her stay.

As a reminder, if anyone would like to stop by and visit with her in the coming weeks or months we would greatly appreciate it. Please just keep in mind that we do not know how long she will remain in the ICU or where she will be afterward. We obviously hope that she can soon be extubated and move on to a rehab facility but timing and location are still very much unknown. Again, feel free to contact either Jamey Houghton, Laura Knutson, Rebekah Bostrom, Mark Knutson, or myself if you’d like to visit but are unsure of a good time to stop by. Thank you all for your continued prayers, love and support.
+ Read More
Read a Previous Update

$193,981 of $200,000 goal

Raised by 1,452 people in 21 days
Your share could be bringing in donations. Sign in to track your impact.
We will never post without your permission.
In the future, we'll let you know if your sharing brings in any donations.
We weren't able to connect your Facebook account. Please try again later.
Debbie Carritte
3 hours ago
Sue Mansis
5 hours ago
Joneth Gabriel
6 hours ago
Kim Babb-Huettl
18 hours ago
21 hours ago
Margie Salcedo Rice
23 hours ago
1 day ago
1 day ago
Carly Barruga Duong
1 day ago
Elizabeth Teague
2 days ago
Use My Email Address
By continuing, you agree with the GoFundMe
terms and privacy policy
There's an issue with this Campaign Organizer's account. Our team has contacted them with the solution! Please ask them to sign in to GoFundMe and check their account. Return to Campaign

Are you ready for the next step?
Even a $5 donation can help!
Donate Now Not now
Connect on Facebook to keep track of how many donations your share brings.
We will never post on Facebook without your permission.