Justice for Corey Jones
On Sunday, October 18, 2015, Corey was tragically shot and killed by a plain-clothed police officer while waiting for a tow-truck at 3:15am; the officer, who was driving an unmarked van, failed to identify himself as a police officer. Corey went to his grave not knowing who this person was, and from that moment to this one, our family is still demanding answers as to why this peaceful man was shot down by police. What he needed from that police officer that night was a helping hand; instead he received three bullets.
Corey, who often transported expensive musical equipment and frequently received cash payments from his musical engagements, had a concealed weapons permit and carried a gun for his personal protection. While we don't know the specific circumstances of Corey's death, one thing's for sure, we aren't going to take the word of the man who killed him.
Funds raised through this site will go towards the unexpected costs of Corey’s funeral and burial, the establishment of a music scholarship in Corey’s name and to cover any expenses incurred by Corey’s immediate family as they are unable to work while seeking justice for Corey. 100% of the funds raised on this site will go directly to the Jones family. NO PART OF THESE FUNDS WILL BE USED TOWARDS LEGAL FEES.
The road to justice is very long and we cannot let what happened to Corey be forgotten. The person who took his life must be held responsible. Stand with our family by using the social media hashtag #KeepTheBeatAlive until we get Justice for Corey.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Who am I and how am I related to the Jones family? My name is Denise Jones, and I am Corey Jones’ sister-in-law.
2. Can I contribute to the family’s legal defense? No. While the family appreciates your generosity, the family is unable to accept money for legal fees.
3. Are there other ways I can contribute to the Jones family? Yes. You can send contributions, card or well-wishes to the Jones family by mail at:
Parks & Crump, LLC
240 N. Magnolia Drive
Tallahassee, FL 32301
Attn: Estate of Corey Jones
Please note that all checks, cashier’s checks and/or money orders should be made payable to the Estate of Corey Jones.
4. How will the funds be transferred to the family? Funds raised through this site will be transferred to an account designated by the Jones family.
5. Who can I call if I have questions about this fund? If anyone needs further information or has concerns about this campaign, please contact our family’s spokesperson Adner Marcelin of Parks & Crump Law Firm at (850) 222-3333.
6. To whom should inquiries be directed? Members of the general public may email firstname.lastname@example.org. All media personnel must send their request to email@example.com using their official work e-mail. Any non-media request sent to this email will be discarded.
Thanks in advance for your support!