In Memory of Kelli Ashcraft

$23,400 of $25,000 goal

Raised by 147 people in 21 months
Tami Oldham Ashcraft
on behalf of Robin DeLaZerda
 FRIDAY HARBOR, WA
Kelli Ashcraft was a beautiful shining light that everyone wanted to be around. Her energy was so lively, passionate and unique, she made everyone around her smile. She was smart and driven and jammed a lot of life in her 22 years on this earth. Kelli loved her family, especially her little sister Brook. She had a close knit group of friends that meant everything to her.

Kelli was tragically taken from us by accidental carbon monoxide poisoning.  We are raising money for a campaign in Kelli's name to purchase Carbon Monoxide (CO) alarms and installation of alarms and Carbon Monoxide awareness for FREE to households that do not have them here in the San Juan Islands.

There are many homes in the San Juan's built before 2011 when CO alarms were not manditory. There are over 500 deaths a year and thousands of close calls from CO poisoning. We will be working with a local hardware store and professional installer to make sure that households that need this safety feature will get them installed.

Our family hopes that you will dontate to this cause. Every penny made will keep Kelli's name and spirit alive  in the hopes of saving lives.

I
+ Read More
Update 4
Posted by Tami Ashcraft
14 months ago
   Share
2
2
FREE CARBON MONOXIDE DETECTORS
In the memory of Kelli Marie Ashcraft.
November is Carbon Monoxide Awareness Month.
With the coming of winter and spending more time inside please have your gas supplied appliances checked out by a reputable service company.
Install carbon monoxide detectors on all levels of your house. If you have Carbon Monoxide Detectors it's time to change out the batteries and test.
Kelli and a friend were killed in 2017 by a malfunctioning furnace. With the generous donations from everyone who donated to the GoFundME in Kelli's name,
FREE CARBON MONOXIDE DETECTORS
are available to anyone who needs them . Pick them up at the Frank Wilson EMS building at 1064 San Juan Valley Road, Friday Harbor.
PLEASE SHARE!!
+ Read More
Update 3
Posted by Tami Ashcraft
20 months ago
   Share
1
1
We laid Kelli to rest yesterday May 7, 2016. The day suited her, bright and full of sunshine.
Our family wants to THANK EVERYONE who came, sent messages, helped organize and who donated to this fund in her memory.
We gave away the first 70 CO detectors at Kelli's celebration. We are organizing this week to bring speakers for CO awareness and get the next round of CO detectors out to the public. Stay tuned.
+ Read More
Update 2
Posted by Tami Ashcraft
21 months ago
   Share
1
1
Thank You to Lainey Volk who is involved with San Juan Island EMS. Lainey has agreed to write a grant to receive more money to add to the CO detector campaign in memory of Kelli Ashcraft. With funds from Gofundme and the Grant money we will be working with Browne Lumber to purchase CO detectors at the best possible price. Our goal is to give away CO detectors FREE to families and households that do not have them Island County wide.
Browne Lumber has also generously agreed to donate 200 detectors to our Campaign.
Our campaign is also working to educate the community by inviting an expert in the field of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning to come speak at our local EMS building in Friday Harbor and PodCast the event to the other islands.
Thank you to everyone who has made a donation to CO detector campaign In Memory of Kelli Ashcraft. We feel the love and the dedication to this cause.
+ Read More
Update 1
Posted by Tami Ashcraft
21 months ago
   Share
May 7, 2017 we will lay Kelli to rest.
11:00am graveside service at the Island Valley Cemetery.
12:30 to 4:00 Celebration of Life at Brickworks. Please bring a smile and stories.
Everyone Welcome
+ Read More
Read a Previous Update
Lainey Volk
21 months ago
3
3

So who do I contact to help out.....I am working with a friend at the clinic to get a doctor who has specialized in CO poisoning as a speaker to educate the community and will seek grants to help fund detectors. Lainey Volk Friend Community member San Juan Is land EMS

+ Read More
Ron George
20 months ago
2
2

To help prevent this from occurring in the future, we must educate people to not use plastic pipe for venting combustible gasses. I have investigated other carbon monoxide poisoning incidents and found that even with carbon monoxide detectors, they will not go off until many times the lethal levels. 734-755-1908

+ Read More
Alexis Carter
20 months ago

Tami, From one mom to another I want to say that I think the selfless and beautiful way that you and your family are honoring the memory of your wonderful Kelli is exemplary and kind.I want you to know that you are all loved and treasured and a gift to our community. You have obviously suffered a deep and profound loss but I so admire the exemplary and loving way you all are reaching out and sharing love to honor your first born.Your grace is admirable and you have my respect.

+ Read More

$23,400 of $25,000 goal

Raised by 147 people in 21 months
Created April 15, 2017
Tami Oldham Ashcraft
on behalf of Robin DeLaZerda
Your share could be bringing in donations. Sign in to track your impact.
   Connect
We will never post without your permission.
In the future, we'll let you know if your sharing brings in any donations.
We weren't able to connect your Facebook account. Please try again later.
SB
$50
Sue Baldwin
27 days ago

I was heartbroken to hear of the loss of Tami’s daughter while I was researching her harrowing experience at sea. I have a 23 year old daughter and hope these tragedies can be prevented.

LR
$50
Lynn Ronewicz
3 months ago

What a sad loss of a beautiful young life and what a tragic accident at sea by her mother who at 23 years old was able to survive so long alone at sea.

RP
$100
Ralitza Peeva
8 months ago
1
1

Thinking of you!

$50
Colin Summers
10 months ago

We were so sorry to hear about this accident and love the way you are helping others in Kelli's memory.

CD
$50
Celia Devault
18 months ago

Not a day goes by when I don't think of you Kelli

$500
Anonymous
19 months ago
$100
Kelli Blair/Fanjul
19 months ago
SO
$50
Sheila Olshefsky
19 months ago
DN
$100
Deb and Tom Nolan
19 months ago
$50
Anonymous
19 months ago
Lainey Volk
21 months ago
3
3

So who do I contact to help out.....I am working with a friend at the clinic to get a doctor who has specialized in CO poisoning as a speaker to educate the community and will seek grants to help fund detectors. Lainey Volk Friend Community member San Juan Is land EMS

+ Read More
Ron George
20 months ago
2
2

To help prevent this from occurring in the future, we must educate people to not use plastic pipe for venting combustible gasses. I have investigated other carbon monoxide poisoning incidents and found that even with carbon monoxide detectors, they will not go off until many times the lethal levels. 734-755-1908

+ Read More
Alexis Carter
20 months ago

Tami, From one mom to another I want to say that I think the selfless and beautiful way that you and your family are honoring the memory of your wonderful Kelli is exemplary and kind.I want you to know that you are all loved and treasured and a gift to our community. You have obviously suffered a deep and profound loss but I so admire the exemplary and loving way you all are reaching out and sharing love to honor your first born.Your grace is admirable and you have my respect.

+ Read More
or
Use My Email Address
By continuing, you agree with the GoFundMe
terms and privacy policy
There's an issue with this Campaign Organizer's account. Our team has contacted them with the solution! Please ask them to sign in to GoFundMe and check their account. Return to Campaign

Are you ready for the next step?
Even a $5 donation can help!
Donate Now Not now
Connect on Facebook to keep track of how many donations your share brings.
We will never post on Facebook without your permission.