Help Us Move & Expand!
In April, we opened Columbus' only herbal apothecary. Since opening, we have served hundreds of people and more and more are finding our shop. We have more wholesale accounts to small independent retail and coops than ever before. We have increased web retail sales, too. We are having our most successful months ever- and we have to MOVE in the midst of it all.
Our landlord died, and the building is in probate. It will go on the market soon. Since the building is not up to code, is in a desireable area, and the double lot next to it is also for sale by the same family, all three lots will likely be bought by a developer who will tear it down to build a strip mall and condos. It is what has been happening in Clintonville lately. This leaves both City Folks Farm Shop and Boline Apothecary without a home very soon.
We have permission to leave our lease if we find another suitable place- and we HAVE! It is in an even better location in Clintonville (Clintonville is the perfect neighborhood for a shop like ours)- right in the heart of the farmer's market, and near like-minded businesses, in a pedestrian-friendly area.
We are sad to be leaving our good neighbors at City Folks, but are excited to announce that the move will likely include a wonderful addition to the shop: a tea and tonic club! We are starting a club that allows folks to stop by for free daily tonics. You will be able to get healthy herbal formulas on the go every day that we are open. It's a very exciting development.
With the move comes some crazy expenses. Deposits, increased rent, fixtures, hardware, and the like. We are doing well, but still are in that tenous first year of business. Can you help? We have some great gifts for folks who care to be our angels! Help us through the move and we'll treat you right!
Between now and Friday January 30, spend $25, you get 10% off. Spend $50, and get 15% off and spend $75 or more and get 20% of you entire purchase!
And of course, we are still taking donations. Thanks for your support!
1. Sign up for the email list to find out when we are back open for business. We hope to only take 3-4 days, but as we are doing this on a shoestring, we may have to take longer! Email list signup is here: https://www.facebook.com/BolineApothecary/app_100265896690345
2. Come buy things from our clearance table- things left from the holidays or discontinued items that we do not want to move.
3. Drop off boxes in the shop prior to January 31. We will be packing, packing, packing and can use them!
4. Volunteer to pack or help us move! We are packing starting at 1 PM on Saturday, January 31, and moving all the boxes Sunday, February 1st. We need folks with strong backs and vehicles to help schlep boxes from place to place on Sunday the 1st. We also need handy people with tools to help us install our shelving in the new shop February 2!
5. Donate to our crowdsourcing campaign! We need to set up new accounts, print new collateral with the new address, paint the building, install new signage, and a lot more. Your contribution will help us (and get you some pretty nifty schwag)!
We could sure use your help, and happy to give good schwag in return! Can you help?
Feb 1 is our estimated move date, possibly sooner. I am starting to collect boxes to pack up things in the apothecary.
Looking for boxes, packing material, and people with trucks who want to help! Trying to save as much crowdsourcing money on new signage, new furnishings, and permitting as possible!