Help Support the Replogle Family

$9,440 of $20,000 goal

Raised by 136 people in 2 months
Created September 15, 2018
Joneane Neville
on behalf of Rachel Sedacca-Replogle
Yesterday afternoon 9/14/2018, the Replogle family received a devestaing blow. 
George had an accident on the school bus, which has left him with two broken femurs. Unfortunately, with his Duchenne MD, this has become complicated and life threatening. He is on life support as I type this. 

John and Rachel really need our help in a big way, right now. 

As always, money is tight. It’s tighter when you have kids and tighter yet again when you have special needs kids.
Obviously, John and Rachel need to be at the hospital with George. 
They ARE going to be missing work. 
Rent will still be due, as well as other expenses, seen and unforeseen.

Please, please, reach into your heart and then your wallet to help this family during this horrible time. 

THANK YOU!!! ❤️❤️
+ Read More
After a week back in the Pediatric ICU, this time here locally at Ventura County Medical Center, George will be coming home around noon today. The problem with a medication he was on has been resolved and we have felt really great about the care George received at this newly reopened PICU. It is at the county hospital which is approximately 3 miles from our house. We are moving forward, feeling confident and with a renewed sense of hope.

George's neurological condition is pretty much the same and he has been clearly unhappy to be back in the hospital. We see this as a positive sign. He has started shaking his head, we believe in an effort to show discontent and have witnessed his making an effort to move his arm yesterday.

We have the nursing situation, although not perfect, a lot more stable with most shifts covered and a plan to revisit in 2 weeks to see that Georges needs are met.

It's been difficult to keep on top of updating regularly so forgive me as my main priority is keeping things together here at home. I'm sure you all understand. thank you for your support it has been crucial in our survival through this ordeal and we rely on it for strength.
+ Read More
Today is exactly two months since Georges accident. We have been so busy having him home, we still are short on nursing care and today John had the Ventura Fire here along with an ambulance. George was having trouble breathing so he's at VCMC where they're going to keep him tonight at least and we'll take it from there. So many moving parts! I was finally able to get in touch with UCLA peds pulmonology and his doctor was paged and called back to the ER which was extremely helpful. So George is okay, he is safe and we will look to see what adjustments need to be made to his regime. Poor guy.

Still been working on the sweet distraction that is the Get Well George benefit on Sunday.

Sorry if you're somebody I owe a call to, I have been so busy on the phone with the hospital, social workers, nursing care people and the list goes on. I am trying to remain calm and not give in to overwhelm. I promise I'll get to all of the thank yous and personal updates when I'm able, I'm just exhausted and don't always feel like talking or writing. I've had much more sleep than John and it hasn't been much but we're hanging in there. or his text and I'm going to go pick him up and hope he can get a good night's rest tonight although knowing my husband I know he's going to spend a lot of it worrying about his boy.

Thank you all for your understanding, love and support it really means so much to us to know you've got our back.

Truly, Rachel
+ Read More
Day 4 of having George home, things are going generally smoothly although we still have only one of the four nurses. So we've been providing 16 hours of care a day. Very little sleep. John is going into the shop today to work for a few hours. George's a lucky boy he has such a wonderful father that is so capable. He/we are managing his GI feedings, trach care, regular secretion suctioning, breathing treatments, medication administration as well as hygiene and toileting. Supposed to meet another nurse today at 3 who apparently can start on Tuesday. Hope she shows up.
+ Read More
It's Wednesday morning now and John and I stayed at the Tiverton house around the corner from UCLA where we first started. We have a room for tonight as well and are trying to get a hold of the nursing home care and are basically waiting on that. Once we have an idea of when the nursing will be coordinated we will have an idea of when we can plan on getting back home.

Snapped an arm off of my glasses first thing this morning so that was great, I needed that like another hole in the head. It's a good thing my husband John is a mechanic and with an eyeglass repair kit and a little super glue I can see again.

We had a really wonderful dinner with our friend Amy Martin last night who laughed at all of our stories and bought us delicious Mexican food and margaritas. It was a nice break for us and a wonderful chance to connect with one of the rock stars in the Duchenne community that is truly a mover and shaker. the wonderful news is that Amy has hooked me up with the generous folks at walking strong who are going to provide a ceiling lift for George's room as the traditional Hoyer lift is an absolute nightmare and so incredibly difficult to maneuver in our old Ventura Avenue home. this is going to be a huge help for all of us and help George not to feel like such a burden and make it easier for any caregiver to safely and quickly transfer him from the bed into his chair without injury to anyone.

So we are keeping our chins up and our eye on the prize trying to not let this one hurdle of the nursing care get us to down cuz everything has been going better than we could have ever asked for. Although George is still not speaking and not moving very much but he is frowning and smiling and responding and no small ways that give us continued hope for his recovery. I will attach a picture of his room at home that we painted, bought some awesome used cabinets for all of the medical equipment and supplies brought in his brand new hospital bed and had the carpets cleaned at the house. we are ready to go so help us by picturing us loading him up into our van and with the pulmonary crew behind us heading back up the coast to our home in Ventura.

Thank you for your love and support we are hanging in there!
George's rehab room at home
Ceiling lift
+ Read More
Read a Previous Update

$9,440 of $20,000 goal

Raised by 136 people in 2 months
Created September 15, 2018
Joneane Neville
on behalf of Rachel Sedacca-Replogle
Your share could be bringing in donations. Sign in to track your impact.
We will never post without your permission.
In the future, we'll let you know if your sharing brings in any donations.
We weren't able to connect your Facebook account. Please try again later.
Maureen Hayes
3 days ago
5 days ago
Lauri Moore
6 days ago
Shyam Yadav
7 days ago
Marcia Morris
8 days ago
Michelle Thomas
8 days ago
Ian McFadyen
9 days ago
Sharon Emery
9 days ago
Don Ruoff
9 days ago
Tim Pompey
10 days ago
Use My Email Address
By continuing, you agree with the GoFundMe
terms and privacy policy
There's an issue with this Campaign Organizer's account. Our team has contacted them with the solution! Please ask them to sign in to GoFundMe and check their account. Return to Campaign

Are you ready for the next step?
Even a $5 donation can help!
Donate Now Not now
Connect on Facebook to keep track of how many donations your share brings.
We will never post on Facebook without your permission.