Help support Chayse fight Leukemia

$16,653 of $20,000 goal

Raised by 337 people in 2 months
Created February 13, 2019
Firstly thank you for taking the time to read Chayse’s story.

As most of you know, Chayse was diagnosed with A.L.L (Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia) on Monday 11th February. Graycen and Daniel’s world was completely turned upside down. Sunday the 10th February the Gannon family was enjoying a gorgeous weekend away with friends. On Sunday morning Chayse woke up with swollen ankles and huge bruises all up his legs. Without hesitation Grayce and Daniel took Chayse straight up to the Emergency department at our local regional hospital (Bega South East Regional Hospital), after many of blood tests the pediatrician called for Chayse to be taken to Royal Childrens Hospital in Sydney immediately as his test results were extremely bad. Chayse was taken to the airport in an ambulance and flown off in the air ambulance.
On Monday morning Chayse was taken into his first surgery where the doctors performed a lumbar puncture on his spine and a bone marrow biopsy. 

By mid afternoon the preliminarily tests came back with the horrific news that our little two year old Chayse had A.L.L. It was then that they were advised that Chayse would need to remain in Sydney (along side his family) for at least the next four months for aggressive chemotherapy.  

This morning (Wednesday 13th February) Chayse went in for another surgery. He has had a port access inserted in his chest for chemotherapy treatment.

Graycen, Daniel and Chayse recently welcomed Cohen into the world. He is now just 6 months old which puts added stress on the family as they try to work out how they are possibly going to cope with the coming months. Cohen is unable to stay with Graycen at the hospital and he will remain in Bega with the care of his Dad, Daniel.

Sydney is approximately 5.5hrs away and as you can imagine the back and forth trips will start to add up, ongoing medication and not to mention the additional bills that are now coming in fast. In addition to this, once Chayse is released from hospital he will need to attend the Childrens hospital every week for a few days at a time for further chemotherapy. Unfortunately it doesn’t end here, Chayse will continue to take his chemotherapy medication at home.

Graycen and Daniel wont know how aggressive the Leukiema is for another 3- 4 weeks, and by then it could be a lot worse or as it is now.

Please join me in supporting Chayse’s fight against Leukemia and help the Gannon family in this difficult time. No Donation is too little, even $5 will make a difference.

Thank you and much love xxx

+ Read More
Cutest baldy you will have ever seen ✨

We finally have 3 planned days out of having to stay in the hospital, go o the hospital, checkups, blood tests, IV drugs, everything. Here’s hoping it stays that way (it’s been 10/12 days he has spent in hospital now being poked and prodded) and because of that his team of drs have decided to delay the start of his next protocol so his body has a 2 week break in between chemotherapy.

We’ve have had a few issues arise internally with him and it’s in his best interest to take a break from chemotherapy in itself, even though this may give his leakemia the chance to grow back again, but just so he can hopefully start this next protocol that’s just as intensive as this previous one (if not more), with a bit more fight in his bones

His next procedure will be Tuesday under general anaesthetic for his bone marrow aspirate, and intrathecal chemotherapy in his spine (this will be the 4th one)
+ Read More
Chemotherapy #7- day 26/33 (first protocol)

The last 24 hours have been honestly one of the most traumatic for chayse.
Chemotherapy yesterday turned into the day from hell. Since being discharged Wednesday he had lost another 800 grams which makes it 1.5 kilos in 9 days. He still refused to drink and reduced appetite, so he became seriously dehydrated. His knees were causing him so much pain he couldn’t even stand on them, and he was having belly pain as well as back pain. His nasogastric came out 6cms thursday night after a shower when I had to change the tape on his face so that meant Friday have to feed it back down his throat while he was awake.

So a review from his professor and oncology team decided chayse needed maintenance fluids, a blood transfusion, chemotherapy to still go ahead regardless, and he was now to start 24/7 feeds through his NG tube to help him keep the weight on. We were transferred to the ward last night and then we’ve discovered he’s developed mucositis and he has stomach ulcers from the chemotherapy.

After this last week and a half of trauma for chayse man he’s finally at the point where he’s had enough and he’s just genuinely not well or okay. He hates everyone walking through the doors wearing blue uniforms because he thinks/knows their going to hurt him in some way. He is still smiling occasionally and his little chirpy personality pops out here and there but I think it’s going to be a while until he’s back to his normal self and we are all learning to deal with his new normal self for the time being

On the plus side however, his blood tests show great results. The leaukemia has responded to this form of treatment well and they are saying his leaukemia is only partially detectable, even in his bones however we now will not know official results of the category he will be placed in until day 79 of his treatment. We will not be taking him anywhere near home, even just for a day or 2, until the 3/4 month mark and that all depends on things like the past 24 hours not setting his treatment back further (unless magic happens inbetween).

The bulldogs inbetween all of this came to visit chayse yesterday with a signed jersey, even though he wasn’t feeling well and wasn’t very nice the kindness of Adam Elliot was amazing, we appreciated that soo much !

And Seeing daddy surprise him this morning made his whole week ❣️✨
+ Read More
Day 15:
intrathecal chemotherapy (lumbur puncture into his spinal fluid), bone marrow aspirate and insertion of the nasogastric tube under a general anaesthetic. Surgery number 3 in 2.5 weeks.

Chayses bloods today were the best results. His little body is fighting back today and show a positive response to the chemotherapy their aggressively introducing to his body.

Today chayse had his third lumbur puncture for chemotherapy directly into his spinal fluid, and an aspirate on his bone marrow so we can get the tests underway to finally find out the severity of his leaukemia. (19th of March is when we will find out ). We had a nasogastric tube out down because medication at the moment is a traumatic event for him on a daily basis considering I’m having to administer up to 12 doses a day, everyday. So this is short term pain for long term gain for us, anything to help our baby get through this horrible experience.

He is starting to get side effects that are pretty shitty, like weakness is affecting him more and more each day, his mobility is slowly decreasing, things like playing with his trucks on the floor on his knees are a rarity to see, walking up stairs are becoming fairly difficult. He’s in quite a bit of pain each day but somehow he still is his bubbly, out there self. Constantly telling the world how big his “LOGS” are and how many times he farts a day. He is a true boy that’s for sure
+ Read More
First round of intravenous chemotherapy started at 9:45 this morning.

This kid is amazing. He’s shown more strength and resilience (I will continue to say this every time I swear) than I ever could have imagined from an almost 3 year old. He’s astonished me and all of the nurses with his understanding and patience.
There are some serious side effects from the two forms of chemotherapy they just pumped his veins with that honestly scares the shit out of be but the optimum goal is all I’m trying to focus on which he is already showing results.

Chayses blast count (leaukemia cells within his white blood cells) have reduced as of yesterday’s blood work results to 1%! He came in last Monday with 19%, by Friday is was 8% and today we were told 1. This is fantastic! His body is accepting this form of chemotherapy so far. This isn’t saying his bone marrow will be as acceptable, considering his bone marrow last Monday when tested was as high as 95% leaukemia, we hope it’s as responsive however we will not know until our mid-way point check in after surgery next Tuesday, with results on Thursday/Friday.
Our little man is a fighter, we are beyond proud of him to say the least! ✨
+ Read More
Read a Previous Update

$16,653 of $20,000 goal

Raised by 337 people in 2 months
Created February 13, 2019
Your share could be bringing in donations. Sign in to track your impact.
We will never post without your permission.
In the future, we'll let you know if your sharing brings in any donations.
We weren't able to connect your Facebook account. Please try again later.
Ahmed F
19 hours ago
1 day ago
Kayla Jamieson
3 days ago
Pretika Goodall
11 days ago
Lauren Dee
18 days ago
29 days ago
Chantal Steane
1 month ago
1 month ago
Michelle Martin
1 month ago
Use My Email Address
By continuing, you agree with the GoFundMe
terms and privacy policy
There's an issue with this Campaign Organizer's account. Our team has contacted them with the solution! Please ask them to sign in to GoFundMe and check their account. Return to Campaign

Are you ready for the next step?
Even a $5 donation can help!
Donate Now Not now
Connect on Facebook to keep track of how many donations your share brings.
We will never post on Facebook without your permission.