Help Lynne fight cancer

$11,760 of $50,000 goal

Raised by 73 people in 5 months
No Longer Accepting Donations
 Share on Facebook
Created April 23, 2018

Beloved wife, greatest mom, amazing grandma, daughter, sister, friend... Lynne Fisher is all of these and so much more. To my sisters and I, she is the greatest mother in the world and a devoted grandmother to our kids.

Lynne is also the bravest and strongest person I know. A true fighter.

She is battling cancer. In December, she injured her back and, since then, the pain in her back has grown more and more severe.  On April 21st, a CT scan showed that the cancer (likely breast cancer) has metastasized to bone in her lower spine. Officially, she has been diagnosed with metastatic disease of the spine.

Due to the agonizing bone pain, she is unable to sit or lie down for more than a few minutes at a time. She is barely able to sleep and during particularly bad flare ups, she requires physical assistance. Even when she can barely move and is in so much pain, her determination and positivity shines bright.

Lynne needs your help!

She urgently needs to begin treatment at a local integrative medical and healing facility that specializes in providing individualized, holistic treatment programs and state-of-the-art medical therapies for those diagnosed with cancer.

Our family is doing everything possible to support our mom and provide her with a treatment plan that will give her the best quality of life possible. Unfortunately, this treatment plan is very expensive and not covered by her insurance.

So we are calling on all of Lynne's family and friends, everyone who knows and loves her like we do, to help in her time of need.

Please donate to Lynne's Cancer Treatment Fund.

Every gift, no matter how large or small, will be cherished and help go to  her treatment. If all of our family and friends give just $10, we will be be able to afford the treatment. Please help us help our mom.


Lynne pictured here with her three daughters and only granddaughter, taken at Thanksgiving last year.


Lynne with two of her eight grandkids. Taken this April about two months after her eighth grandchild was born.

+ Read More
Dear family, friends, and kindhearted souls, it is with a heavy heart that I inform you that our mom, Lynne Fisher, passed from life into death on Thursday, September 27, 2018.

I apologize for not keeping the GoFundMe updated. The last two months have been tremendously challenging, and it was all I could do emotionally to keep close family informed via Facebook and text messages.

On August 2, Mom was admitted to the emergency room with severe abdominal pain. She had a blockage in her colon. Various methods to clear it did not work and a follow-up MRI on August 3 showed that there was a perforation in her colon. She was rushed into emergency surgery. Her condition was so grave and her heart so erratic that we said our goodbyes just in case.

Halfway through surgery, she nearly died. Because she had a DNR, the surgical team decided to stop the surgery, put a wound vac on her, and sent her to ICU for the night, hoping she would stabilize and they could continue the surgery the next day. She did and they were able to complete the surgery. A portion of her colon was dead and had to be removed, and a colostomy bag was attached. Then followed almost a week in ICU, sedated and intubated.

To everyone's surprise, she did not end up septic and was recovering from the surgery extremely well. Unfortunately, her cancer took advantage of her time in recovery while her treatments were on hold and hit aggressively. Cancerous fluid began filling her chest cavity around her lungs, making it harder to breathe.

On August 21, Mom decided to enter home hospice care and left the hospital. We were told by the doctors that we had perhaps only a few days left with her, yet the Lord blessed us with a little over a month of special time we will all cherish. With hospice managing the pain, we were able to have her back... Her real self ...for a little while longer.

Towards the last few days, she slept more and more until she could not be roused even for her pain medication. On Thursday morning, September 27, 2018, around 8:45, she took her last breath and slipped peacefully into eternal rest... her husband Thomas and her oldest grandson were by her side, and I arrived seconds later.

Mom's memorial service will be October 21, 2018.

We want to thank you for your kindness and generosity. Without your assistance, Mom would not have been able to begin treatment as quickly as she did and, I truly believe, that treatment helped prolong her life. She should not have survived the surgery in August but because she did, we had more time with her. That is a gift we will forever cherish.

Rest in peace, our beloved Mom and friend, until we meet again on that glorious day! We miss you so much.

Lynne Fisher
March 2, 1961 - September 27, 2018

Note: I will be closing this campaign very soon. If you need to get a hold of me, please message me on Facebook: Jacquelyn Van Sant.
+ Read More
Hi, Friends. This is just a quick update on Lynne's condition if you have not been following the recent developments shared on Facebook. I apologize for not updating you all frequently... it has been a challenging few weeks.

On Wednesday, July 25th, my dad Tom took Lynne to the emergency room due to possible stroke-like symptoms. She spent two days in the hospital, but (Praise the Lord!), she was not experiencing a stroke at all. She had sustained a bruise on her brain back in July when she lost her balance and hit her head. The bruise had caused pressure on her brain, which in return was causing stroke-like symptoms. With fluids and rest, she regained her strength and was discharged Friday, July 27.

She was recuperating nicely at home, and we all got to spend extra time with her.

Around eleven pm Thursday, August 2, my dad rushed mom back to the emergency room. My family and I had been visiting just hours earlier, and for most of the visit Mom was her usual self, though tired and in pain. Dad became concerned as the night went on and decided to take her back to the hospital.

We thought she might have a bladder infection, but a CT showed some significantly dilated bowel. So they started with conservative treatments and non-surgical options. Friday night/Saturday morning she was moved to a cardiac floor because her heart rate jumped up pretty high and they wanted to monitor her more closely.

Saturday her belly pain was decreasing but her belly was getting distended and more tender to the touch. This was highly concerning to the surgeon so she got a repeat CT scan that showed a perforation or hole in her bowel where it was dilated the most. She was rushed into emergency surgery about 5:30pm.

When she was in surgery, there was a lot of damage to her colon that showed that this had been going on for a while. They had to remove a portion of her colon that had died. She started to not tolerate the surgery very well so the surgeons placed a wound vac and moved her into the ICU (sedated and on a ventilator) until she stabilized.

Sunday morning, her heart was periodically going out of normal rhythm so surgery was delayed until her heart was steady again. About 4:30pm, she was taken back into the surgery to complete the operation. There was a very real possibility that Mom would not make it out of surgery, so Dad, my sisters, and I sang songs, had prayer, and said our goodbyes just in case. (Mom was still under sedation but they had lightened it some. Dad says she squeezed his hand.)

In surgery, they cleared 95% of her remaining colon, clean her up, put in a colostomy bag, and closed her up. She was brought back to her room in ICU about 6:30pm. At that time, she was not showing signs of sepsis, but the next 24-48 hours are crucial. The surgeon warned us that things can go bad quickly but things get better slowly. She is expected to remain in the ICU for the next few days, possibly up to a week, depending on how she recovers from the surgery.

We are so very thankful for the amazing team of surgeons, doctors, nurses, and everyone who has been caring for Mom. We could not have asked for a better surgical team who took extreme care, knew when to back off to give her body a break, and were very honest and yet very kind to us, her family.

Please keep Lynne and her recovery in your prayers. Thank you.

"For I, the Lord your God, will hold your right hand, Saying to you, ‘Fear not, I will help you.’ " -- Isaiah 41:13, NKJV

#prayersforLynne #trustingGod #thankful
+ Read More
Good evening, dear family and friends. Here is an update on Lynne's treatment and progress so far.

Lynne finished the low dose chemotherapy last week. This week began a four-week-long immune therapy to boost her immune system using a combination of vitamin C, germanium, and curcumin by IV.

She has also been working on regaining her mobility. She graduated from using a wheelchair to a walker. Her muscles are sore, especially her legs and feet. It time to get the muscles used to moving and walking again.

Tom says: "Praise the Lord for He delivers the righteous from all their troubles! We stand on His promises everyday."

Thank you for all of your kind words of encouragement!
+ Read More
Hi, dear family and friends! Here is a quick update from my dad, Tom, on how my mom, Lynne, is doing this week.

"Lynne is pushing through the treatments while battling pain and nausea. This has been a challenge for us both, but God is good all the time!"

Cancer is a horrible disease, but we are still very hopeful that the treatments and therapies are helping. Please continue to pray for Lynne, Tom, and her medical team.

Insurance is helping with some of the cost of medicines, but the treatment and therapies are out-of-pocket. My dad is doing everything he can to ensure my mom receives the best care, but it is hard.

If all of our family and friends are able give just $10, we will be be able to afford the treatment. Please help us help our mom.

Thank you to everyone who has prayed, shared, and cared. Every encouraging word, every gift, is cherished. Please continue to pray and share. Battling cancer day in and day out, especially when accompanied by pain, is taxing and can get very discouraging. So please leave a word of encouragement for Lynne in the comments below.

#prayersforLynne #10dollarsforLynne #supportsystem #trustingGod
+ Read More
Read a Previous Update

$11,760 of $50,000 goal

Raised by 73 people in 5 months
No Longer Accepting Donations
 Share on Facebook
Created April 23, 2018
Your share could be bringing in donations. Sign in to track your impact.
We will never post without your permission.
In the future, we'll let you know if your sharing brings in any donations.
We weren't able to connect your Facebook account. Please try again later.
Jie Wilkerson
1 month ago
Jane Treichler
3 months ago
Richard Parent
3 months ago
Suzette Charles
3 months ago
michael shafer
4 months ago
j mills
4 months ago
Justin Mills
4 months ago
Mary Qualls
4 months ago
4 months ago
Priscilla Sanchez
4 months ago
Use My Email Address
By continuing, you agree with the GoFundMe
terms and privacy policy
There's an issue with this Campaign Organizer's account. Our team has contacted them with the solution! Please ask them to sign in to GoFundMe and check their account. Return to Campaign

Are you ready for the next step?
Even a $5 donation can help!
Donate Now Not now
Connect on Facebook to keep track of how many donations your share brings.
We will never post on Facebook without your permission.