Grow a Teacher
Meet Grow a Teacher
Grow a Teacher's mission is to inspire the next generation to teach and to broaden and diversify the pipeline into the teaching profession.
Our plan is to create a Grow a Teacher digital toolkit that includes a PreK - 12 curriculum along with age- appropriate films, technology, and lessons that can be used in schools, after-school programs, summer camps, and elsewhere to give young people the opportunity to think critically and creatively, design engaging lessons, present and guide their students, and reflect, just like a real-life teacher. We plan to pilot in Los Angeles, but Grow a Teacher is a 50-state passion project!
Need inspiration to donate? Watch Superhero .
We have a dedicated and determined Special Advisor and Board of Directors:
· Linda Darling-Hammond, president and CEO Learning Policy Institute; Professor of Education Emeritus at Stanford University
· David Johns, former executive director for the White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for African Americans
· Haydee Rodriguez, NBCT, high school social studies teacher and member of CA Commission on Teacher Preparation
· Dan Brown, NBCT, co-director of Educators Rising
· Barbara Pape, co-founder Grow a Teacher
· Lisa Zimble, co-founder Grow a Teacher
Our list of Partner Organizations includes:
· Educators Rising
· Journeys in Film
· National Board for Professional Teaching Standards
· UCLA’s Center for the Study of School Transformation
...and more to come!
Need inspiration to donate? Watch Flying Lessons.
Grow a Teacher has selected a Founding Advisory Board, comprised of master and currently practicing teachers, who are creating the first pre-K through grade 12 curriculum that allows students to experience first-hand the joy and hard work of teaching.
We are looking for start-up funds to get the Grow a Teacher curriculum and toolkit built. We have begun piloting the program and are already in classrooms filming Grow a Teacher lessons.
Need inspiration to donate? Watch #TEACHNow.
Now is a critical time to prioritize education and applaud the hard work of teachers. Thank you so much for helping us Grow a Teacher. And when we say Grow a Teacher, we mean Grow a diverse generation of Teachers across the country!
Grow a Teacher is recognized as tax exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
100% of your donation is tax deductible. Our Federal Tax ID number or EIN is 81-4834563.
Happy Holidays from the Grow a Teacher team. All two of us!! -- Lisa and Barbara