Finish the Kitchen! at First Pres
We are a small church with a large and aging building. About a year ago we started renovating our kitchen, which is just off our busy Fellowship Hall where we and our friends hold fellowship dinners, square dances, tango nights, receptions, movie nights - you name it. Through the kindness of friends and Project Homecoming, we have ripped out the old appliances and equipment, and laid down a new tile floor. Here's what's been done:
- new plumbing
- replacement of old water heater w/ 2 new ones (now in the attic)
- new 3-compartment commercial sink
- new hand-washing sink
- new grease trap
- new sub floor
- new ceramic tile
- new floor drain near sinks
- hookups for a dishwasher
- new locks
- drywall repair
It's beautiful! But terribly empty. Here's what we still need:
- removal of our ANCIENT commercial stove
- new commercial refrigerator
- new commercial freezer and ice maker
- new commercial stove and hood
- new commercial dishwasher
Basically all the kitchen items that make the room an actual working kitchen!
We would love to get back to doing fish fries and spaghetti dinners to support the Program of Hope, our homeless ministry. We'd love to see the public school that uses our education wing use it for their needs in educating pre-schoolers. We'd also love to share the space with brides and grooms who marry in our beautiful sanctuary.
This is where you come in! Help us Finish the Kitchen! Please make a donation today - any amount will help! Share this with your friends and help make the kitchen a reality!
If you look over the list, you can see that we still have a ways to go and need to secure several items to FINISH the kitchen, not the least of which is the hood and ventilation system. We would appreciate anything you can give to get us to our goal! THANK YOU!
Commercial fridge $1,500 - $2,300
Commercial freezer $1,600 - $2,000
Commercial stove $1,200 - $1,600
Ice Machine $1,400 - $2,700
Dishwasher Lease* $2,000/yr
Hood Vent $11,500 (includes labor to reroute the tunneling in the ceiling/attic to vent out of the building)
Fire suppression $2,300
So PLEASE continue to share this Go Fund Me! We've had wedding couples interested in being able to host receptions on-site; we've got a More Light conference coming to the city and visiting our site; and we now have two churches sharing our space who could make use of this kitchen. And I haven't even touched the potential for the community to host events here at First Pres. Help us get to the point where this beautiful, historic space can be shared!
*We've been advised that a lease is the cost-effective way to go over time.
Thanks for all of the support we've received thus far! We are so thrilled to be more than halfway to our goal. We would love it if you could continue to share our Go Fund Me with friends, family, and others interested in New Orleans, social justice, and other issues that appeal to First PC. Once the kitchen is finished this will be a wonderful space for events of all kind.
- We are an open, non-discriminating, utterly welcoming congregation.
- We welcome the homeless every Wednesday for outreach of lodging vouchers, bus tokens, clothing, and food.
- We share our building with a New Orleans public charter school that not only teaches kids what they need to know about reading, writing, and arithmetic, it does it in French! How cool is that?
- We also have many groups that use our facilities: square dancers, tango dancers, youth groups, service-oriented groups, community groups, and probably many more I do not even know about!
- Weddings! We are a popular location for weddings because we have a beautiful sanctuary and we do not require you to be a member to use our facilities. We love couples in love!
Having a good, working kitchen will be a benefit to all of these groups! Your donations will go on and on to support people, feed many, and contribute to happy celebrations!
First Pres FUNdraising Committee