Cricket Clubhouse & Field upgrades
G'day, my dream was to share the great sport of cricket with people all over Kansas, to do that my wife and I undertook to build our own field of dreams "Foxfire Field" (Foxfire is a wood moss that glows ) - "Illuminating Kansans to Cricket " is our tagline, and with the help of friends we achieved that field of dreams in 2003.
Thirteen years on, there is some much-needed maintenance and upgrades that Foxfire requires and our club the Wichita World XI Cricket Club that is based at Foxfire Field is also in need replacement cricket equipment.
We are also relaunching a junior cricket program that was dormant while I was dealing with health and business issues from 2010 to 2015, I am also excited to have my son Jason who is now 23 and several other volunteers available and willing to help with this programs relaunch.
First a little bit about the field, My father Thomas Fox after he was no longer able to work due to ongoing skin cancer concerns visited me from Australia for 6 months of the year from 2004 to 2010 and gave me all sorts of ideas and advice and pitched in as only a dad can while he was here, working to make Foxfire Field better in every way. I know we wouldn’t have got as far as we have if it wasn’t for him. He sadly passed away in 2014 and that wealth of skill and knowledge as well as his love for this ongoing cricket field of dreams project will be greatly missed. I love you dad and thank you for who you were and all that you taught me. It is our goal to name our cricket pavilion in his name from the 2016 season on it will be known as the Thomas Fox Memorial Pavilion ( Fox Pavilion for short) .
Our goals for the next five years are in no particular order, as money and availability of help to achieve these goals will set the time table. I have put when I expect we can achieve these goals with the funds available.
· An electronic scoreboard cost installed $3500 (2017)
· Grass seed and or sod in the worn out areas of the field, adding top soil where needed. Cost anywhere from $300 to $5000 (2017)
· New Water Heater in Fox Pavilion installed $700 -$1500 (2017)
· New serving area and toilet, taps and hoses - After 13years of corrosion and wear and tear this is an urgent need $700 (2016)
· A new playground for the little kids, 2 years ago a large wind storm destroyed our playground equipment $1000 (2016)
· Carpet cleaning, we put in the carpet in 2006 we have cleaned it several times but it needs more than us just renting the equipment, it needs a professional job done on it. $200 (2016)
· Irrigation sprinklers, if we are ever to take the field to the level that major teams require, we will need to install these sprinklers. We have been quoted $10,000 to $15,000 based on the size of the field. (2017)
· A boundary fence—the dream is white pickets to see an example look up “ Bradman Oval “ on google. $3000 (2017)
· A sight screen at the fox pavilion end of the field $500 (2017)
· Wi-fi, run fiber optic cable to fox pavilion for wi-fi access which will allow our next goal of $1000 (2017)
· wi-fi enabled camera equipment to allow us to stream matches to the internet. $5000 (2018)
· Turf Wicket - $15,000 consultant and building (2019)
· Finish reel mower and greens mower for the turf wicket $10,000 (2019)
· Concrete in the practice area for ease of upkeep and to lengthen the practice pitches which are currently half required size. $5000 (2017)
For the Club
· Cricket Equipment for WWXICC is desperately needed for this coming season Cost $1500 (2016)
For the relaunch of the junior program Hot Shot Cricket (soft ball cricket) Kansas Junior Cricketers (Hard ball Cricket)
· A junior program that brings in Wichita’s disadvantaged and underprivileged kids aged 5 and up and lets them learn cricket and participate for free $2000 a year (2016) (we may need to bus them out here that will increase costs.)
· Create a non-profit for the junior program or partner with one. Cost unknown (2016)
· Develop a volunteer program to help with the junior program that follows other programs with background checks and other safety regulations Cost unknown (2016)
· T-shirts and hats for the Hot Shot Cricket (soft ball cricket) Junior program $1000 (2016)
· Uniforms and Cricket Kit for the Kansas Junior Cricketers (Hard ball Cricket) $2000 (2016)
· Travel funds for the Kansas Junior Cricket Team $1500 a tour 2 in (2017)
As you can see there is a lot that can be achieved over the next 5 years with your support. We are so very close to finishing the field of dreams and can achieve a lot of things In 2016. I have gone to 32 different schools in 9 different school districts since 2003 and taught over 60,000 children how to play cricket, I know how to build and inspire and share my love of cricket with other people. Please consider an ongoing donation program with us.
This is what we started with in 2002This is what we have so far in 2016