Help us get housing

Please take the time to read this I would greatly appreciate it. 

Hello friends, I’m re-posting this and it has more to read than the original one. 

I had a couple of people ask for more information so here it goes. 

We rented a house about a year ago in November. As soon as we moved in, I started to feel my health go down just in little ways at first and I couldn’t understand what it was. It wasn’t until March when they turned the air conditioner on that I started getting extremely sick. I could smell mold in the house, so I knew it was somewhere and I thought it was linked to the air conditioner. 

By the time September came I was extremely sick. I felt like I was going to die so I had to move out of that house into a camper from a friend of ours in our street in front of our house. That is when we got the house tested and the test came back with extremely high levels of mold poison in the house and all over everything we owned. I stayed in the camper for about a week and I was so sick I had to leave the camper then me and my dog went to an extended stay. I was so sick in there for about a week that I had to leave and go to a different one. I stayed there for about a week and I was extremely sick. The last night that I was there I literally thought I was going to die. We found a family who was willing to let us stay in their Casita for about a month. 

During that time Sam tried to get us a house but he got a house without me being able to go into it because I was so sick I couldn’t leave where I was. He bought the house and then had me and my dog come over to the house to move in. Within three days I was so sick I couldn’t even function. I had never felt like that in my life and yes, I literally thought that this time I would die. I started having extremely high sensitivities and I had over 20 symptoms. We called someone over to look at the house because I felt so poisoned in that house we wanted to know if there could possibly be mold in that one. They came and checked and there was no mold but the problem was there was poisonous flooring. Now, this flooring wouldn’t be poisonous to everybody but to me, it was highly poisoned. Because I was already so highly poisoned by the mold it made me have extremely high sensitivities and it was very poisonous to me. I had to leave the house with my dog immediately.

We went back to the Casita for about another three weeks and stayed there. Sam tried removing all the flooring in the house that we had just bought but it made the poisons worse. I found out from my doctor and other people I had talked to that had previously had mold poisoning that if I was to go back in that house within two days I could die from anaphylactic shock. I knew for a fact there was no way that I could go back into that house and survive.

Then on November 21, we had to leave the Casita so we looked desperately for a place to stay. They had previous plans for the Casita for a month. So we asked if we could go back after the month so that I can start my detox and try to start healing and get better. Within that month we realized we weren’t able to go back to the Casita.

So then here we were again scared to death feeling like we didn’t know what to do. Feeling homeless bouncing from place to place not finding anywhere. It was a complete nightmare and all it did was add to my suffering, my symptoms, my sickness, my hopelessness. Then we were blessed with a family who let us and our big dog move in with them. I want you all to know that I have never been so sick in my entire life. I have been bedridden for over a month now.

To those of you who knew me before this I was not like that at all I have always been very outgoing and this is a completely different person than what I’ve been. I had no idea any person could get so sick. I will give you a shortlist of my symptoms *extremely horrible headaches that medicine will not make go away, that makes you feel like your brain is going to explode *dizziness and strange movements in my head that makes me feel like I’m moving all the time when nothing is moving it’s completely torturous and it makes me very very sick *vision problems - I can barely even read or see things like I used to at all. I can’t focus my eyeballs on things so I can’t really read or even watch TV without it getting me extremely sick *extreme chronic fatigue *sleep problems *hair loss *extremely dry painful skin *joint pain in all of my body *complete muscle weakness. I can barely stand up for a couple of minutes. I have no strength at all in my body *I can barely even walk from the room to the bathroom without feeling like I am going to completely pass out *I can taste things and smell things because of my hypersensitivity that triggers other symptoms and makes me feel like I’m going to die. I have to be extremely careful around anything that has a smell or even some kind of chemical. or even something simple like cleaning products body wash soap, hair shampoo, anything can make me have flareups and I feel like I’m going to die. Most of the time I spend in the bed. *I have heart palpitations. *I’ve even had panic attacks during this and I have anxiety and depression. It’s all part of this. *I have brain fog and I can’t think, I can’t concentrate and I can’t remember. I literally feel like a completely different person. I haven’t even been able to drive my car in probably 3 to 4 months.

My whole life has been pulled out from underneath me.

Sam lost his job during this and like I said we have bounced from place to place and now we have to find somewhere stable for us to be. We lost all our possessions only a few things did we keep and had professionally cleaned so the mold wouldn’t be on them, but for the most part we have absolutely nothing. No job, no finances, no possessions, and I am extremely sick. I suffer every single day and I cry every single day of my life.

I am asking all of you to please help us in any way you can to get our life back, and for me to get my health back. I need to get the right treatment so I can get better.

Please, please do anything that you can. We would greatly appreciate it.

Our lives have been completely flipped upside down.

Please, if there’s anything you can do to help, please help, and thank you for taking the time to read this.

I appreciate it and we love you all. And I want to thank every one of you who has already donated, you have been a blessing to us thank you so very much.

And again I want to thank the two families that have opened up their homes to us. They mean so much. We love you all and thank you so much for everything you’ve done for us.

Thank you for reading this.

  • Christopher Adams 
    • $75 
    • 27 d
  • Anonymous 
    • $300 
    • 1 mo
  • Anonymous 
    • $225 
    • 1 mo
  • Sue Fisher 
    • $100 
    • 1 mo
  • Anonymous 
    • $50 
    • 1 mo
See all

Organizer

Renée Garcia 
Organizer
Albuquerque, NM
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more