Our intrepid unsheltered team began to build a vision of that alternative: a plan to provide our peers with a place to meet critical hygiene, sanitation, health, and safety needs. We pounded the pavement to secure funding from foundations, property from the City. We gathered materials and know-how from businesses, grassroots organizations, and universities. Finally, we partnered with community experts to achieve 46 hours of training for our expanding staff and volunteer team to become Hygiene4All.
There is just one, crucial missing ingredient we need to succeed in our pioneering endeavor:
YOUR SUPPORT - small or large !!
$50,000.00 will expand paid hours for our unsheltered staff members, strengthen our infrastructure, and allow us to build up our stock of hub supplies.
As we enter the deepest depths of the pandemic we know that the COVID and economic crises will test and strain even the the strongest organizations. As many indoor services are reduced hours or closed, Hygiene4All will be called to pick up the slack
Hygiene4All's outdoor hub will provide safe, sanitized bathrooms, showers, wound and foot care, bedding & clothing, and trash removal under the Morrison Bridge in Portland, Oregon. Our paid unsheltered attendants are trained in de-escalation, trauma-informed harm reduction, and fostering a culture of respect, acceptance, and welcome of all community members regardless of housing status, gender, race, or sexual orientation.
We need YOUR help to meet our 50,000 goal which will
(1) expand the number of paid hours for our unsheltered staff
(2) strengthen and improve our infrastructure
(3) build up our start up supplies.
Funds will specifically contribute to:
· Increase paid shifts by 40%
· Solar and wind power system to keep the lights up and the cost down.
· Lighting and gathering area items to keep the area safe and comfortable.
· Health POD systems
· Cleaning and Sanitation systems
· Start up supplies for health pod wound and foot care
· Start up supplies of clothing and bedding
· Start up supplies for sanitation and cleaning
· Start up hospitality supplies
· Start up supplies for hygiene, period products, and bodily care.
Every dollar raised will be spent on unsheltered employees and the items we need to offer safe, dignified services to our unsheltered neighbors.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR HEARTFELT SUPPORT
H4A is fiscally sponsored by the Charitable Partnership Fund
- Katie and Guy Urbani
- Ellen Urbani Gass and Family
- Nikki Jauron
- Desiree Hellegers
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more