Join us against Human Trafficking!
Yoga Stops Traffick (www.yogastopstraffick.org
) is an annual, one-day event, ran by volunteers, in support of Odanadi Seva Trust (www.odanadi.org
) in Mysore, India.
Odanadi believes that no human being is for sale. Odanadi rescues, rehabilitates and reintegrates victims of human-trafficking, mostly women and children.
In May and June 2018, I am expanding Yoga Stops Traffick into twenty dates over six weeks,
to rally fellow yoga communities across Canada - all with roots in Mysore, India - to the cause.I will be holding classes in towns and cities in every province, challenging participants to complete 108 Surya Namaskar (sun salutations) - not an easy task!
Entry fees and pledges raised by attendees will funnel through this page to Odanadi Seva Trust.
Funds raised will support the day-to-day operations of Odanadi's Girls' Home - where rescued victims can find the family they may never have had, recover from their experiences and regain the confidence and skills to return boldly to normal life.The Campaign/Trip:
The campaign will be visiting Ashtanga Yoga programs coast to coast, from BC to Newfoundland, challenging participants to practice 108 Surya Namaskar and raise funds and awareness for Odanadi's work in Mysore, India and beyond.
Visit our website (www.mysorebc.com
) for more info and read on below.
How to participate:
- Follow @Mysore.BC on Instagram and Facebook to stay up to date with the campaign as we get ready to roll across Canada. (Like, comment and share posts to spread the word and rally your personal community for support! Links are at the bottom of this page.)
- Register for your local event using the contact links and Facebook Events pages linked. Suggested entry fee is $20, donated directly to Odanadi (If you’re nowhere near an event, stay tuned: we will be announcing alternate ways to participate.)
- Download our Pledge Form and canvass your friends and family for sponsorship/donations.
- Try to raise $108 to donate through this Go Fund Me page
- Enjoy your 108 Sun Salutations! (Check back for video on how to modify the Challenge to fit your needs.)
- Donate what you raised > HERE!
- Celebrate!!! You just effected enormous positive change in the lives of trafficked women and children in India and beyond. Full Campaign Schedule:
Monday 14/5 : Mysore Victoria, BC
Wednesday 16/5 : One Yoga, Vancouver, BC
Friday 18/5 : Harmony Yoga, Duncan, BC
Saturday 19/5 : Harmony Yoga, Duncan, BC
Tuesday 22/5 : Ashtanga Yoga Victoria, BC
Wednesday 23/5 : Ashtanga Yoga Vancouver, BC
Wednesday 23/5 : One Yoga, Vancouver, BC
Thursday 24/5 : Ashtanga Yoga Squamish, BC
Sunday 27/5 : Breathing Room, Calgary, AB
Wednesday 30/5 : Ashtanga Muse, Edmonton, AB & YogaLife, Edmonton, ABJUNE 2018:
Saturday 2/6 : One Yoga, Saskatoon, SK
Sunday 3/6 : Yoga Mala, Regina, SK
Friday 8/6 : Ashtanga Yoga Winnipeg, MB
Saturday 16/6 : Ashtanga Yoga Centre of Toronto,
Sunday 17/6 : Downward Dog, Toronto, ONT
Tuesday 19/6 : Ashtanga Yoga Ottawa, ONT
Friday 22/6 : Mysore Montreal, QC
Saturday 23/6 : Mysore Montreal, QC
Wednesday 27/6 : Halifax, NS
Saturday 30/6 : St. John's, NDJOIN US!!