Hello! My name is Yuns. I am a musician, composer, explorer, guide, and founder of Sonaesthetics Studios , an out-of-the-ordinary music studio and music/nature exploration lab that began in 2014. Music has been an enduring passion throughout my life, and it is my mission to use my skills to help people return to their authentic nature and expression through meaningful music, and in service as a Guide.
About this funding campaign:
This is a platform that I started in 2014 when I was launching music studio, as it birthed in Seattle, Washington. Since then, we have raised $730! Thank you so much to my early donors! Your support has meant so much to me, and I am glad to say that four years later, I am still continuing this deep work in music.
This is an open ended campaign to allow the community to be a part of supporting me and my work in music-- And now as we enter 2019, I am in need of community support again.
My Current Need:
I am currently inviting the community to help support Sonaesthetics with relocation and stabilization costs, as we have finally made it home to Olympia, Washington, which feels like such a dream come true!
My current need/request is for funding to help cover the cost of:
$150 towards rent over six months (January to June 2019) and a $150 deposit.
This is a total of $1050. As it stands, this would make our total campaign goal: $1780 (730+1050). (*Now $1880-- see most recent update for the reason why).
I am currently working very hard in a full-time labor job that isn't currently able to cover these costs without sacrificing some basic needs, and I believe that six months of help from the community should be sufficient time for me to stabilize my situation and my musical operations in Olympia.
I am very excited about all the ways that are currently brewing within me for: more music shares , more musings , in-person offerings , collaborations , and more! And I know that a decreased sense of financial pressure would definitely help me to focus more on my offerings to the community!
Some key accomplishments of Sonaesthetics from the past four years:
- Established a Music Exploration Lab while located in Tacoma, Washington, which is currently being re-imagined and adapted for our new home in Olympia, Washington!
- Completed a song project for An Open Floor Conscious Dance Workshop called "A Woman's Mythos" with Jenny Macke and Cynthia Kennedy at Presence Studio in Bellingham, WA. (Check out the song: Harmonic Resonance )
- Featured on the floor at OlyWaves in Olympia, WA for 5Rhythms 'Sweat Your Prayers' with Shawn Swanson (Check out the song: Jedan )
- Featured on the floor at OlyWaves in Olympia, WA for Open Floor Movement Practice with Duncan Green. (Check out the album: Re-Membering )
- Featured in Kundalini Yoga Sessions at Wisteria Moon Yoga Studio with Jessica Ryan. (Check our the song: Jedan )
- Featured on stage at the Seattle Center for Festa Italiana 2015
- Featured on the floor with Breeze-la at the RhythmWave camp at Burning Man 2017 – Radical Ritual, and at Seattle Sound Temple.
And we still have many exciting plans in the year ahead!
If we reach beyond our milestone of $1050 in 2019:
If we together are able to achieve beyond our goal of $1050 (total: $1780) in 2019, your donations would be put towards other expenses of operating Sonaesthetics.
These expenses include:
- rent & utilities
- web hosting <www.sonaesthetics.com>
- related educational trainings & workshops (Open Floor, 5Rhythms, Polarity Therapy, etc.)
- instruments for our music exploration studio
- hardware, software, and virtual instruments for our audio production studio
- furnishings & office supplies
- promotional materials
More about my music:
The music I write has been described as earthy, tribal, entrancing, deeply moving, and out of this world. When I write for a project, I consider myself a musical interpreter, and work hard to encapsulate human emotion in musical form.
I believe that there is great healing and emotional power in music that can touch and move people in a way that nothing else can. (See an example of my work: Beannacht - John O'Donohue / Music by Sonaesthetics)
My personal values are:
Honor, Humility, Patience, Prudence, Kindness, Integrity, and Trust, and I am confident that with your help, I will be able to humbly and whole-heartedly pursue my passions and make my contributions to the world.
You can also support me by purchasing my music on bandcamp:
Here are some other samples of my work:
Here's the website for my studio again:
Follow us on Facebook:
***If any of what you have read here moves you, please consider donating and/or sharing this link with others who may be more financially able to help!***
*** My passion is deep and even the smallest donation and/or a little message as a gesture of support really goes a long way.
***Donations can be as little as $5, or as much as your heart desires, and can be anonymous to the public.
Thank you for reading and thank you for your consideration and support! Many blessings to you in 2019!
With Love & Gratitude,