I am raising money to aid my step dad in his mounting medical bills for the burns he sustained. He is currently still in the hospital on the burn unit.
My stepdad Sam Wood truly is an amazing man. On Thursday January 28 2016 he was getting a jump start on preparing his equipment for lawn season. A normal day, nice with tones of spring in the air went tragic as the riding mower came off the ramp spilling gasoline all over Sam Wood and tossing him to the ground. The lawn mower combusted and ignited him in a ball of flames. He remained calm took his wallet out, took his shirt and sweater off, tried rolling himself in the ditch to put the flames out. He was calling for help and even dialed 911 to get assistance. The neighbor heard his pleas for help and assisted getting his flaming shoes and pants off. The neighbor sustained burns to his hands in the process. The fire was so hot it melted parts of the mower and melted the drive way. He is alive due to his calm thinking.
He has burns from his neck down to his ankles. His third degree burns have been skin grafted and his fever has been down. He has been in a lot of pain and has a long recovery ahead of him. I thank God that he is alive. May his healing be rapid and his spirits be high.