
Support Winnie’s and Sophie Emergency Vet Care
0% complete
$5,039 raised of
68 donations
February 5, 2026: At the vet with Winnie getting xrays, additional meds. This visit will cost between 500-900. And we will likely need to do this again in a few weeks.
Day 6 January 31: What a week it has been. I think it has finally caught up with me, real fatigue and slow moving today. So this update will be brief, I’ll post more tomorrow.
Dogs are doing well. Winnie is spunky and doing well. Although it will be weeks of treatment to kick this and xrays for monitoring her lungs.
Sophie is finally eating well. We got her a sevond check up yesterday as she was still low. All is well and they gave her more fluids. She REALLY perked up thos morning.
My gratitude and relief are infinite. Our girls just simply wouldn’t be alive without or community
Day 4 January 28: Thank you everyone for your love thoughts, prayers, sharing our story, and your incredibly generous donations. I’d like to especially thank our friend who fronted a large part of the ER bill with her credit card. A large chunk of what has been donated is set aside to pay them back. So from the bottom of my heart I thank our large family/community for your generousness. Winnie would not be alive if without all of you pulling for her.
Running total: $6089
Estimate for further vet bills: (will add once I’ve gone over itemized receipts)
Winnie ER bills
1/26 $1,030 (tests)
1/26 $4,338 (ICU, meds, oxygen,monitor, 2 weeks ofmeds to take home)
1/28 $75 first Vet check up with our local vet Safe Harbor
-Winnie will need minimum 6 weeks of antibiotics and several xray of lungs until we are sure its gone
1/27
Sophie Vet bill for pancreatitis attack; severe loss of blood via digestive system, low temp, low heart rate. and meds
$646
12:00 -Sophie got fluids and meds. She is napping hard and doing well. Its pancreatitis, which means she has to have a fat free diet. She’s always had a sensitive stomach so we’ve had her on digestive enzymes and probiotics for at least 6 months now.
Update 10:30 AM Sophie is at the vet right now. Getting ready for blood tests. Her temp is low, blood pressure low, extremely dehydrated but she's in good spirits and the vet seems hopeful that she'll come through.
Thank you everyone for your love, prayers and donations. Without you we would have lost winnie. Because of you we are able to give our 2 eldrly dogs the urgent care that they need.
5am: We’ve been up all night. Our life really feels like a trial right now. Our other Elderly dog, Sophie (age 15). Has been vomiting blood tonight. We maxed out our credit with Winnie, the ER vet is pre-pay. The gofund $ wont reach my account until friday or monday. We are waiting for our vet to open at 8am. Everyone keep up the good work with the prayers. One hour at a Time. One minute at a time.
With Elderly dogs we knew some difficulties would arise with their health. I just never suspected it would be in the same 2 days.
1am Winnie is sleeping great, and she ate food and took her meds well. She seemed more chipper and even some tail wags!
2-5pm Monday: Winnie is doing great. She pulled through. We have her at home. We are so relieved to have her with us.
7:43pm we are paying $5000 (in addition to $2000 er fee) to check winnie into ICU for 24 hours and see if antibiotics start working.
If its working, after that it would be something like 3000 a day. Will update again as we know more.
Pneumonia is very advanced. Treatment which would take days will cost like 10,000 with s 50/50 chance.
We have to make a decision of whether to try treating it
Friends of Winnie. Winnie woke up this morning not eating and wheezy pretty heavy. We have her at an ER vet in hillsboro. The initial bill is $2000 for all the tests we need to run to find out whats wrong. And thats not for treatment. They are giving her some calming meds etc to keep her comfortable while they do lab tests xrays.
This will be updated as we know more. Thank you for looking and sharing





