Dot went to see Bill last night at the Hospice, she tells me that his condition has deteriorated and he has lost a considerable amount of weight. I have been in touch with the Repatriation Company today and they are contacting the Consulate to see if they can get the Doctor treating him to let him fly home. I have to add at this point, Dot cannot contact the Doctors first hand everything has to go through the Consulate, it makes things very difficult. Hopefully I may have better news later today or tomorrow. Thanks everyone for your messages of support. It's appreciated.
Update 21/01/2021: Todays update 21/01/2021: I want it known how Avanti are treating Dot, they are contacting her by phone and telling her that they want to help with his repatriation and that they are in contact with the Hospital ( how can they get information even Dot can't get! ), as you all know I have already arranged all this, it seems they will help but not pay for anything, we don't need their help, we probably wouldn't be in this situation if it wasn't for Avanti Insurance!!
Update 20/01/2021: The British Consulate have been in touch with the Company that are to repatriate Bill and are sending the Medical Report to the Company which will help to decide which Hospital would be best suited for Bill's condition on his return, it is now looking imminent for Bill to be brought home. Thanks to everyone that donated for making this possible. I will keep you all informed.
Update 18/01/2021: The Doctors are administering Anti-Biotics for Bill's lung infection, they have told Dot that as soon as his infection has cleared they will contact the British Consulate and he can be released and returned home. I will let everyone know when that happens.
Thank you everyone again for your kind donations.
Update 16/01/2021: We have made the arrangements to get Bill home and a Plane is ready. The Hospitals are locked down, he has developed a lung infection and is being treated with Anti-Biotics and until the Doctors release him we cannot repatriate him. The British Consulate along with our local MP are in touch with the hospital staff and we are being constantly updated. As soon as I receive any news I will update again. In the meantime, thank you to everyone who has donated.
My name is Steve Spencer, I live in Pontefract West Yorkshire, I am attempting to raise enough money to get my friend Bill and his wife Dot back from Tenerife, whatever we manage to raise will be used to fly Bill & Dot home by Air Ambulance, this is not a cheap process, the funds raised will go to pay the company designated to get Bill & Dot home, they will not take off unless the full balance is paid. So to the details: On the 14th November, my dearest friend Bill Annable suffered a heart attack and fell to the floor, suffering a severe head injury. Since the attack, Bill has been in a coma far away from family and friends in Santa Cruz Tenerife.
Our friends travelled with insurance; however, Avanti (Ergo Travel Insurance) declined to help stating he did not declare underlying health problems even though he didn't know he had them. A letter from his doctor verifies this.
Bill's beloved wife Dot is stranded in Tenerife with a one-hour taxi journey every day at the cost of 100 euro's each way to hold his hand and talk to him.
We hope to raise £30,000 to cover the cost of the air ambulance. This will get Bill into his local hospital, Pinderfields Wakefield to allow the treatment he needs with his friends and family surrounding him.
Bill has spent his working life helping others as a Police Officer in West Yorkshire. Please help us to help him now in his time of need.
If you know Bill, he is a proud man and would never ask for help; however, we love him and Dot immensely and need to get them home and we are left with little alternative.
- Tina Vyse
- Dave Hartley
- Rhiannon Hard
- Yvonne Rulton
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more