We need your support, every euro counts. Thanks and love from the border ♥.
We S.O.S (Souls of Sarajevo) Team Kladusa, are a group of volunteers, supporting humans on their way to a safer, better life. Those who tread the Balkan route come from many countries from many backgrounds. On the route it does not matter why they had to leave everything they had or if there is nothing there anymore. Either way we meet them at the Bosnian border town of Velika Kladusa on the border with Croatia, on the border of the fortress of Europe.
Two of us arrived to the capital of BiH Sarajevo in February and then to Velika Kladusa in March. Since then more have joined the team and we are with the locals in supporting the people - with dignity trying to provide for basic needs like food, hygiene, clothing, blankets/sleeping bags, first aid, etc.
Two weeks ago the old “field” camp has been removed by the authorities, so there is a lot of Humans who are currently displaced. Most are in the new official camp.
As the situation on the ground changes daily, with people coming and going and circumstances changing as well, so changes also our form of support. Currently with the help of Lemon foundation we are supporting a local restaurant, which provides lunch on a warm table for 300-420 people every day. Next to the restaurant, we also daily provide first aid help - on average 25 patients per day come with wounds from the jungle, flu, diarrhea and different forms of violence.
To improve the process of clothes distribution we set up a Free shop near the before mentioned restaurant where people are able to come and take the clothes of their choosing and not just recieve random items from the distribution. It is open from Monday to Friday from 14:00 until 17:00, 2 humans every 15 minutes to choose and take the clothes they need. So that as many as possible can reach it, we established a system and give out cards with points that can be spent in the Free shop.
Besides we are also still providing clothes, shoes, backpacks / bags, blankets / sleeping bags, medicine, food, power banks, phones, etc. through singular distributions.
At the moment many different projects are going on for which particular items already have support from some of our donors (thank you!). So now we are fundraising for the next items, of which the amount changes daily but are nevertheless constantly required. (We need a pillow to be able continue with our operations.) Also we can buy the items cheaper here and with it support the locals.
- Thermal underwear and socks - 100KM (50€) a week – our aim is to constantly provide theese items over the winter as some people are staying on the streets, freezing. For this we are covered for the next week or two by donations gotten from the people in our team.
- SHOES! - a neverending story. We buy them all over the place and the price varies, but they are the most needed.
- Blankets from the local secondhand shop, we can get them for 5-10KM (2,5-5€) a piece.
- Diesel for logistics (picking up donations and delivering them to the places they need to get to) - monthly around 300KM (150€) for four cars.
- Monthly rent for warehouse 350KM (175€) and for volunteer house 300KM (150€) with extra costs of water, electricity and communal services 120KM (60€).
Also we are making a CALL OUT if anyone would drive the donations to Velika Kladusa!
- We need winter male shoes 40-44!
- Warm or waterproof male jackets of all sizes!
- Male clothes in general (no male suits, bathing suits, slippers or - simmilar items!)
Thanks for all your support!
You can donate to our paypal account or whatever.
For any further questions or updates: @SOS Team Kladusa
and as always one love from the frontier of Ljuta Krajina ♥.
DonationsSee top donations
Fundraising team: S.O.S. Team Kladusa Ljuta Krajina (4)
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more