- ABOUT THE MEPS TRUST WELL WOMAN CLINIC -
The MEPS Trust Well Woman Clinic was founded in 2006 and registered as a Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) in Sierra Leone. The WWC is committed to providing breast and cervical cancer awareness, prevention, clinical screenings, diagnostic services, and cancer care support as well as arranging treatment. The WWC also provides wellness and gynaecological screening and treatment as well as a free Antenatal and Postnatal Clinic in collaboration with the Ministry of Health and Sanitation and Heineken Africa Foundation. We work with the Government, local and international partners and the community in providing free, subsidised or affordable health services especially for the underprivileged.
The Clinic recognises the value of preventative health care and promotes good health and well-being for the family by carrying out holistic advocacy and awareness raising campaigns targeting vulnerable women and men in remote areas of Sierra Leone.
- OUR SERVICES -
· Breast and Cervical cancer screening, diagnostic services and care;
· Free antenatal/postnatal clinic including ultrasound scans;
· Wellness Care; diabetes, obesity and hypertension screening and care;
· General reproductive health checks including STI screening and treatment; family planning services
· Survivorship Programme
· Outreach programmes
- FUNDRAISING -
This fundraising page was set up in 2016 as a great way for supporters of the Clinic and its patients to donate online at any time. It was initially set up to raise funds for the acquisition of a mammogram (to complete the Clinic’s screening and diagnostics process), it now welcomes donations to help save lives with the cost of early diagnosis and treatment as we continue to pursue alternative avenues for our priced mammogram. The Clinic also runs regular fundraising events including our famous sponsored ‘walk, cycle and run’ for breast cancer awareness in October. All funds raised during this period and throughout the year go towards the diagnosis and treatment of our patients, awareness raising and the Clinic’s running costs and of course, our mammogram project.
2021 continues to be a challenging period globally, across the world healthcare service providers continue to focus on responding to the COVID-19 pandemic. For people with serious health conditions such as breast cancer, uncertainty and possible delays in cancer screening and treatment can be distressing. The reason why we must continue our fight against this disease and why we need your support more than ever!
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month (BRECAM) and is a time to acknowledge successes, a time to raise funds for improvement and awareness, diagnosis and management. It is a time to remember, celebrate and honour our carers, our loved ones no longer with us, and our survivors.
In recognition of the challenges the world faces, we are continuing our indoor/outdoor challenging activities such as walking, running, cycling, swimming, dancing, yoga, tennis, spinning or weight lifting in small groups.
This year’s challenge is titled Well Woman Clinic #BRECAM 2021 #MissionPossible # ME4U. We encourage participants to join us by registering your activity throughout the month of October and donating proceeds to the clinic. Registration cost is Le120,000. You will receive a t-shirt and a mask at registration.
- HOW YOUR DONATION IS SPENT -
At the Well Woman Clinic, we know that early detection saves lives and every leone, pound or dollar you donate, every t-shirt, mask, service or activity you sponsor helps us to save lives.
Funds raised during this period and throughout the year go directly towards screening, awareness campaigns, early diagnostics and treatment for women and men.
You could sponsor the full cost of diagnostics of one woman at LE 2.5 million (£175) ($242) each. Or why not sponsor any follow up treatment at a cost of LE 8 million ($777) (£560) each. A total package of diagnostics and treatment would cost LE 10.5million ($1,020) (£735) each.
MANAGEMENT OF 2020 DONATIONS:
In 2020, 7,500 patients accessed our services of which 2,078 men, women and children were for breast screening and wellness lifesaving treatment and services.
· The Clinic sponsored full diagnostics of 10 women at a cost of approximately Le 2 million ($194) (£140) each (Total $1940)
· The Clinic also sponsored the complete treatment (diagnostics – imaging and histology, chemotherapy, surgery and post-surgical treatment of 3 women at a cost of Le 6 million ($582) (£421) each (Total $1,746).
· The Clinic subsidised the diagnostics (ultrasound scan, mammogram and histology) and Wellness screening (diabetes, STIs) and treatment of 50 women at Le10 million (Total $996).
· The Clinic co-sponsored a patient to Ghana for treatment at a cost of $500
· The Clinic gave free access to 350 women for breast cancer screening and education (Total $2,090)
· The Clinic put aside Le 50 million ($5,000) towards the mammogram project
· A Total of $12,272 (excluding) administrative cost) was spent on screening and contributed towards treatment
In the coming year we hope to reach more men and women and be in a position to sponsor diagnosis and treatment of even more vulnerable men and women. We cannot do this without your support. We are truly grateful and thank you for joining the fight against cancer.
BE BREAST AWARE: EARLY DETECTION SAVES LIVES AND TOGETHER WE CAN CONTINUE TO MAKE THIS MISSION POSSIBLE AS WE EMBARK ON THE ME4U CHALLENGE.
Visit our website to find out more about our work: www.wellwomanclinic.org (Please bare with us as the website gets updated)
DonationsSee top donations
- Haja Demby
- Nyama Wellington
- Sylvia Jones
- Ron and Velma Mitchell
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more