SBC Voices will be active in Anaheim to give a voice to SBC abuse survivors, to educate messengers about the need to support structural reforms on the denominational level, and help SBC churches minister well to survivors of abuse.
This Go-fund-me page is to raise funds to host a trade-show booth during the pastor’s conference Sunday and Monday and a breakout session on Trauma-Informed Ministry on Tuesday evening.
Sunday and Monday – Visit our booth at the SBC Pastors’ Conference
- Hear directly from SBC abuse survivors
- Review church resources from GRACE and New Growth Press on display
- Register for several book packages of resources to help your church address abuse
Tuesday 7:00pm – Join us for a breakout session on trauma-informed ministry at the Annaheim Marriott, platinum ballroom 4. SBC Voices editor Todd Benkert will be joined by Rachael Denhollander and Dave Pittman to help churches learn how to minister in trauma-responsive ways. The first 200 guests will receive the mini-book Caring for Survivors of Sexual Abuse by Justin Holcomb and Basyle Tchividjian.
Our objectives for the project:
- To give SBC abuse survivors the opportunity to speak directly to SBC Messengers about abuse.
- To introduce SBC messengers to resources to help them prevent abuse, respond well to abuse disclosures, and minister in trauma-informed/trauma-responsive ways.
So far we have received $3100 in donated funds and approximately $15,000 pledged in in-kind gifts to provide space and resources for pastors. To finish funding the project, we need to raise an additional $4500.
Any extra or unused funds will be donated to GRACE.