Welcome to The Atlantic Girls 500 Club!
Join our community and share in the adventure with The Atlantic Girls. One for the individuals or small businesses out there. Get your name or brand logo on our boat hull for all to see, as well as social media promotion. We'll row you across the Atlantic. Come aboard!
We are three ordinary women working three ordinary full-time jobs with a desire to do something very out of the ordinary. We want to inspire others, especially women and young people who are dreamers, adventurers and out-of-comfort zoners, to get out and find that thing that makes your heart beat a little faster.
We are The Atlantic Girls and we are rowing 3000 miles across the Atlantic Ocean this year. Hello and thank you for being here from all of us in the crew - Laura-Jayne, Millie and Frankie!
The four of us didn't all know each other beforehand, but we have found real trust and joy in coming together to fulfill this shared life adventure. The global pandemic has undoubtedly made the journey a little bumpy but has only fuelled the resilience needed to get us across the ocean this December.
Most importantly, we need you!
- To Promote Sustainable Living
- Advocate Cleaner Oceans
- To be a Carbon Neutral Project
It's no picnic! We'll quickly fall into the routine of 2 hours on the oars, 2 hours off, for 24 hours a day for as long as it takes. There will be seasickness, sleep deprivation, salt blisters, and Atlantic storms that could hurl out waves as high as two double-decker buses.
In the 12 years, this challenge has been undertaken; we will join only a handful of other women who have attempted to cross this ocean with an all-female crew. We want to inspire you to follow the things that light your soul and feel empowered to achieve great things!
Our Boat and Sustainable Focus
In line with our environmental goals, The Atlantic Girls have chosen to compete in the world's first and only 'Eco' R45 ocean rowing boat. The boat's core materials and manufacturing processes are centered around a sustainable design with a massively reduced impact on the environment:
- The foam core is made 100% from recycled PET (10,000 used plastic bottles).
- The resin is a ‘greener’ epoxy with carbon derived from plant origin.
- The glass fibre is manufactured using 100% renewable energy.
We are very excited to be partnered with The Brain Tumour Charity, a small UK-based charity doing BIG things for brain tumour research. This cause sits close to our hearts as some of the team have family and friends who have sadly had to battle with a brain tumour. It has been humbling to learn of other peoples’ experiences with the sometimes awful reality of the disease, but also how much hope the charity has brought to those affected. With your financial support, you'll help us reach the start line and propel our ability to fundraise for this incredible cause. So let's get funding!
How can YOU help? #TAG4theatlantic
• Select a reward, whether it's getting your name on the boat or buying the girls a 'spa day' at sea, have a browse! You can even get the privilege of adding a song to our NYE party playlist so you'll know we'll be rowing along to your favourite tune as we bring the New Year in!
• Choose to add extra funds when you pledge.
• It takes a community to cross an ocean, so please tell your family and friends to follow along the journey on our social media.
• Corporate sponsors can join us and claim their chunk of eco-boat so please share with all your contacts. Even ask your employers to support our cause!
Help us get to that start line in just 1 months time and cross this ocean! With your support, you'll be sharing our story, advocating for a healthier ocean and inspiring others to pursue their own comfort-zone crossing adventure!
- Gift Tag (£100)- The Atlantic Girls (T.A.G) invite you to reserve a spot on our boat deck with your name, message or more on a gift tag sticker. We will carry you across the ocean with us. You'll get a personalised thank you from us.
- A Drink On You (£10)- Buy The Atlantic Girls a drink at the finish line!
- Dinner for 4 (£20)- On the 'A la Carte' menu tonight is... rehydrated 5 bean chilli or a chicken curry if we're lucky! Help fuel the crew across the ocean by donating towards their 3 meals a day. We have to carry all our food with us, enough to last 50 days at sea!
- Buy a Mile (£30)- Help The Atlantic Girls get to that start line in La Gomera by buying a mile of their 3000 mile row! As a thank you you will get your name printed inside our cabin and a mention on our social media.
- Spa Day (£50)- Pamper us! Sun, salt and sweat are not kind to our skin. Help us refresh by donating towards toiletries to keep us looking, smelling and feeling fresh-ish.
- 250 Club (£250)- Join our community and share in the adventure with The Atlantic Girls. One for the individuals or small businesses out there. Get your name or brand logo on our boat hull for all to see and we'll row you across the Atlantic. Come aboard!
- 500 Club (£500)- Join our community and share in the adventure with The Atlantic Girls. One for the individuals or small businesses out there. Get your name or brand logo on our boat hull for all to see, as well as social media promotion. We'll row you across the Atlantic. Come aboard!
- Live Life Like an Atlantic Girl (£1000)- Come adventure with us! Spend a day down in Dorset with the crew! We'll give you the grand tour, answer all your questions, enjoy good food and take a little trip on Vaquita (our Eco boat).
- You are OARsome (£2,500)- A key bit of kit - the all important oars! Get to keep your oar after it's taken 1.5 million dips into the Atlantic Ocean.
- Go Big or Go Home (£5,000)- With global media attention during the race, our boat becomes a giant ocean rowing billboard. Secure yourself a spot onboard to advertise your brand or business. It'll be your very own chunk of eco boat!
- Go BIGGER or Go Home (£10,000)- This is the big'un. You name it and we'll do it! This will entitle you to brand your chunk of eco boat with your name, brand, message, anything you desire. The race attracts global media attention so your support will reward you with some seriously adventurous advertising. You will also get your name/ logo splashed on our official crew kit for maximum press and film coverage!