On August 13, 2020, we were shattered by the diagnosis that Jeff has an aggressive brain cancer and were told he had just a few months to live. Jeff had an MRI on a Thursday and, without much time to process things, was scheduled for brain surgery the following Tuesday. The surgeon found the tumor hemorrhaging - Jeff would have died in a matter of days/weeks without the surgery. On August 18, the surgeon was able to remove about 90% of the tumor, but Jeff’s battle against the cancer continues.
Jeff is a loyal friend and family member – he and his wife, Sara, are kind, generous and supportive to many of us in our times of need. And now, they need our help. Jeff has been a hard-working, self-employed house painter for over 25 years. He has not been able to work since his diagnosis and will not be able to work for the foreseeable future. Suddenly, Jeff and Sara are a single-income family, which presents another set of challenges.
Jeff needs some very aggressive treatment to slow the cancer from growing back and give him more time… This treatment is not a cure. To help Jeff beat the odds, he needs something radical. He and Sara are actively searching for relevant clinical trials, as well as holistic, and integrative medicine approaches to help fight the cancer on all fronts and help ease any suffering.
We have started this Go Fund Me campaign to support Sara and Jeff and ease their burden, so they have more energy to focus on treatment, healing and time together. Jeff is strong, he is determined, and he is ready to fight this cancer. He is fortunate to have good health insurance, but that is just not enough.
Your donations are greatly appreciated and will go directly to:
· Helping Sara take some unpaid time off work to provide at home care to Jeff during his treatments.
· Finding possible life-saving treatments and supporting participation in clinical trials, which may require the costly prospect of living in a different city while participating in the trial.
· Affording innovative and promising integrative cancer treatments to stop or slow the cancer. These treatments run upwards of tens of thousands of dollars and are not covered by insurance.
· Getting Jeff greatly needed holistic cancer care such as acupuncture to help manage pain, nausea, and fatigue.
· Supporting a special and costly clean ketogenic diet to try to limit the spread of the cancer.
· Helping Sara and Jeff pay household bills while Jeff is not working.
Please give generously and consider sharing this link/page with others that may want to help Jeff and Sara in their fight against this terrible cancer.
Thank you to all - your help and kindness is appreciated more than words can say.
The friends and Family of Jeff Kjos
- Katie Bieser
- June Newman
- Ann Evensen
- Lee Ann Tomczyk
- Jonathan Temte
Fundraising team: Total Badass Sisters (4)
Lee Ann Kjos Tomczyk
Raised $1,130 from 10 donations
Raised $775 from 10 donations