Help Pam kick cancer to the curb!

Our beloved Pam Miller was diagnosed with lung cancer in Oct 2020. On Dec 2nd she started her prescribed treatments - which are radiation and chemo, followed by immune therapy that has no end date as of yet.  She's looking at 3-4 months of intensive treatment at the very least. She has been undergoing radiation treatments EVERY DAY, and her next chemo is scheduled for Dec 22nd. Pam says most days are 50/50, and the stress has been an "emotional rollercoaster". The good news is her doctor says it's treatable, and seems positive about a total eradication outcome for her.  And she is a fighter!

As we all know, Pam is a true sweetheart with a heart of gold, and she'd give you the shirt off her back. To know her is to love her. She hasn't had the easiest life, but she's always made the best of it, making the world around her a better place for being in it. She was a counselor at a womens clinic for 15 years. And she worked at the world famous Schwab's on Beale Street (where we met, and had a blast) for 6 years. Pam has always worked, and worked hard. She says she doesn't know what her future looks like right now other than fighting to beat this, and getting back to work. She's also been taking care of her ill companion, her 11 grandkids, and 6 great-grandkids who mean the world to her since we've known her. Now's the time for her to take care of herself, and she needs our help!

Obviously she can't work while going thru this, and her unemployment ENDS on Dec 26th. She can't go back to work until she is finished with the treatments. Honestly she shouldn't be rushing back to work, but focussing on healing up for a minute instead. The looming financial catastrophe has been a HUGE burden on her.  She has insurance, but it only covers 80% of certain things, so she is still responsible for the other 20%. So far she already owes thousands of dollars that aren't covered just from the October biopsy surgery. She's freaked out about the treatment bills that will start rolling in soon, as well as how to pay rent, utilities, food, etc. while not being able to work.  Staying positive is so important to beat this cancer. She stresses every day about money, while fighting to keep her spirits up at the same time. And because of the pandemic her usual support system can't even come over to give her hugs! She has expressed to me how much all of us, her friends and family, mean to her and how she is committed to winning this battle no matter what - even thru her exhaustion. Let's all pitch in now, whatever we can, and let's continue over the next few months to help this sweet and wonderful lady.  She'd do it for you.

Donations

 See top
  • Anonymous 
    • $10 
    • 18 hrs
  • M S Ratliff 
    • $100 
    • 23 hrs
  • Catherine Chilton 
    • $100 
    • 1 d
  • William D Hillis 
    • $100 
    • 1 d
  • Patsy Culp 
    • $20 
    • 6 d
See all

Organizer and beneficiary

Samantha Nikides 
Organizer
Memphis, TN
Pamela Miller 
Beneficiary
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more