Gerry and Susan lost everything in a house fire in the early hours of Monday, October 29. A neighbor was able to rescue them from the 2nd floor bedroom window. Thankfully, they are both safe! But all they were left with were the pajamas they were wearing that night.
Their two pups, Spooky and Pax, were in crates in the living room. Firefighters were able to pull them out and resuscitate them. These precious rescue pets were badly burned and suffered carbon monoxide poisoning. Currently they are recuperating at Auburn's Veterinary Hospital. Spooky may be able to come home in the next day or two. Pax is in an oxygen cage. Their cat, Poncho, didn't survive.
It's difficult to describe ALL that is needed. We, their family, are trying to quickly get their immediate needs met, but there is much to do!
If you know Gerry and Susan, you know that they are the ones who have always given to others. Wearing clothes that someone gave him, Gerry commented that he never understood why someone in need would cry when he would give them a jacket... until now.
Now, they need help from others, and anything and everything is greatly appreciated. Please continue to keep this loving family in your prayers. Hopefully they will be in a rental home by this weekend and begin to rebuild their lives and regain some sense of normalcy. We cannot thank you enough for your prayers, time, support and generosity.