Wheeling Knights of Columbus - Tootsie Roll Drive

51496448_1601165353102333_r.jpeg51496448_1601165387952672_r.jpeg
Due to Covid-19, the Wheeling Knights of Columbus (Regina Council 4837) is unable to participate in our annual Tootsie Roll Drive in the same way as we typically would. Every year our members take to the streets and local businesses in order to raise money for People with Intellectual Disabilities. In order to still raise money for this important cause, we decided to accept our donations through this GoFundMe instead. We thank you for your continued support in these hard times.

"One of the most popular and successful programs conducted by the Knights of Columbus state and local councils to benefit Special Olympics and other organizations is a fund-raiser under which Knights and their families collect donations outside of stores and on street corners. During the Intellectual Disabilities Drive, contributors are usually offered a tootsie roll in appreciation for donations."

"The over 450 councils in the state of Illinois raise funds as representatives of Illinois Knights of Columbus Charities, Inc. a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. 90% of all funds are returned to local agencies through the local councils. The remaining 10% of funds are used to cover administrative costs, and to fund donation by state council on behalf of all the councils in the state. In recent years, the state council has donated over $250,000 annually to Special Olympics."

Although we cannot offer tootsie rolls in appreciation of your donations, we value and recognize your support in our partnership with the Intellectual Disabilities Drive. Thank you.

Donations

  • Anonymous 
    • $50 
    • 1 d
  • John J Heydt 
    • $100 
    • 2 d
  • John H. Heydt 
    • $200 
    • 9 d
  • Anonymous 
    • $100 
    • 10 d
  • Anonymous 
    • $500 
    • 22 d
See all

Organizer

Mike La Roussa 
Organizer
Wheeling, IL
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more