The population is only 1.4 million, yet:
· 416 girls and women went missing in Trinidad and Tobago in 2020;
· 45 women and 2 girls were murdered in 2020;
· There were 552 reported cases of sexual assault and 986 domestic violence reports in 2019.
· 1/3 of violent crimes result in arrest and even less end in prosecution.
We must put an end to gender-based violence and unequal treatment towards Caribbean women. Our women currently live in constant fear for their safety – we stand with them to demand change.
Faith in Our Destiny was born out of the belief that more must be done to protect our women. Our primary aim is to raise international awareness of our women being under attack and support charities based in Trinidad and Tobago who are proactively fighting for justice and seeking solutions to #ProtectOurWomen.
We are UK based Caribbean advocates who have joined forces to support and rally behind movements to effect these urgent changes.
Reform is needed in many areas:
· Mental; and
There is much work to do and we are passionate about contributing to this tremendous effort through fund raising and awareness campaigns.
For our first campaign ~ We Have Not Forgotten You ~ we raise our voices in solidarity with the women and girls of Trinidad & Tobago and call for their safety and protection from all forms of violence, sexual harassment and inequality as a matter of urgent priority.
We are angered by the increased and frequent acts of violence towards our sisters. It has hit critical levels and cannot continue.
We launch on 8th March 2021 - International Women’s Day #IWD2021 and are taking part in the #ChooseToChallenge campaign to call out gender bias, inequality and pledge to advocate for a safe and inclusive world for our women.
We are running a month-long campaign to:
· Raise international awareness using social and public media to rally support for the demand to end violence towards women and girls in T&T.
· Host fund raising events on social media with our UK partners. We will invite individuals and participants across the globe to donate via a GoFundMe page (insert link). ALL funds raised will be donated to Non-Government Organised (NGO) Charities in T&T aimed at the protection of women and girls.
Support this initiative by:
Supporting our fund raising events.
Submitting a short #WeHaveNotForgottenYou endorsement video which we will share on our campaign page.
A nation is as strong as its women are!
- Sasha Pidgeon
- M Charles
- Adele Cruickshank
- Alesia Waterman
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more