Help Hannah say “Goodbye Scoliosis”

Our daughter Hannah Fulps is 12 years old and was diagnosed with Scoliosis at the age of six. Hannah has been seeing a spine doctor on a regular basis, and under Chiropractor care.

Last summer we got the news that her curve is only getting worse and she needs to have a rod/fusion surgery on her back. My husband & I refused to accept this as our only option. Hannah & I flew to Philadelphia in August to meet with a surgeon who performs VBT (Vertabrail Body Tethering ). We were so disappointed to be told no, her curve is too big. I came home and found an intensive chiropractic center. Hannah has been going to Fort Collins 2-3times a week since October.  With these treatments Hannah does not have muscle spasms in her back and she no longer has arm & leg numbness. Unfortunately, as soon as she misses a treatment her back flares up and she is in pain.

This brings us to our current situation.... we found an experienced, highly prestigious surgeon, Dr. Baron Lonner, in New York City that does VBT surgery on severe Scoliosis patients. This surgery is less invasive than the rod/fusion surgery . The surgeon makes small incisions on her right & left side and inserts the screws, and tethering cord.  The back is NOT fused and she will have the same flexibility she has now. She will stay in the hospital for 4-5 nights and we have to stay in NY for a full 7 days before being released to fly home.
Surgery is set for :
MONDAY, JULY 23RD @ 8AM

Unfortunately, part of the cost has to be paid up front . She will have 2 surgeons and the surgeon working on the upper curve does NOT accept insurance and wants his $8,000 dollars paid BEFORE the surgery. This is his flat fee he charges everyone. Our surgeon takes insurance.
Our insurance will cover 80% of the surgery, & we will make payments on the remainder of the 20%. The $8,000 dollars is a fee we did not count on. And we only have 3 months to come up with  the money.  It’s hard for us to ask for money, & we wouldn’t do it if we could come up with that kind of money on our own. 
Plus we will have travel expenses... flights, hotel, & food. We are hoping to stay at the Ronald McDonald House during her stay in the hospital. But we will need hotels before and after surgery. Hannah will not be able to fly until she is 7 days post-op.
This is not an optional surgery for us... we know with all  our hearts this will make Hannah’s quality of life better now. She wants to be pain free from muscle spasms, arm & leg numbness, & free from Scoliosis.
Please help us make this surgery a reality for her.
Any donation is very appreciated!
We are also selling T-Shirts as a fundraiser for her surgery and Scoliosis awareness.
We have 5 different styles of T-shirts & 5 different colors to choose from. For some reason it won’t let me attach the URL link, so you will have to copy & paste the link or type it in if you want to order
T-shirts.

Here is the link:
https://www.bonfire.com/we-got-your-back-hannah/

PLEASE SHARE, SHARE, SHARE!! 

Thank you,
Jon & Nicole Fulps

Donations ()

  • Anonymous 
    • $300 
    • 21 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $500 
    • 22 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $20 
    • 22 mos
  • Erica Becker 
    • $50 
    • 22 mos
  • Terry Ziemek 
    • $300 
    • 22 mos
See all

Organizer

Nicole Pennick-Fulps 
Organizer
Commerce City, CO
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more