Your support has helped us survive this pandemic and so we present to you an incredible virtual concert.
In this program, cellists Eunghee Cho and Joy Yanai (from the Mellon Music Festival ) perform stunning cello duets LIVE from our West Davis venue, the Melon Ball. These are world class performers playing an amazing series of pieces. Not to mention Eunghee is from Davis!
The concert will premier on our youtube channel on Thursday, February 4th at 8pm and it will be totally FREE to watch. Please email us at watermelonmusicdavis @ gmail .com to get the video link!
If you do decide to donate, all of the proceeds from this fundraiser will go toward the creation of a NEW series of virtual concerts featuring and boosting local artists.
Watermelon exists purely to help grow and sustain the miracle of music in our community and we can't thank you enough for your continued support in these crazy times!
****** AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM JEFF, OWNER OF WATERMELON MUSIC******
Watermelon Music followers and patrons of the arts:
I would like to clarify some details regarding the upcoming Mellon Music Concert and GoFundMe invitation. In December of 2020, Eunghee Cho (Cellist and Founder of the Mellon Music Festival) reached out to ask if we would be interested in hosting and recording a performance of himself and cellist Joy Yanai, with proceeds going to benefit Watermelon Music. We have hosted Eunghee and an incredible roster of young classical musicians in years past, donating The Melon Ball for their rehearsals and performances, and they wanted to give back, understanding that we have been unable to have any live performances, recitals or concerts for most of 2020. We enthusiastically accepted their generous offer and will share the audio/video recording of the concert with the public soon.
Some customers and followers of Watermelon Music were understandably alarmed by the “Help Watermelon Music” title of our initial postings of this event, and by the GoFundMe page started to collect donations for the concert. Please be assured that we are not in any immediate danger of closing down or going out of business. It has been a very difficult year to be sure, with several of our regular sources of revenue (including instrument rentals to local students, music lessons and concerts/recitals) severely curtailed by the pandemic, but we are lucky to be situated in a community that values music and arts, and remain viable despite the downturn. GoFundMe was the simplest and most elegant way to solicit donations for the concert and we are sincerely grateful to those of you who have or will share. We hope you will enjoy this virtual concert by two extraordinary musicians and we look forward to hosting Eunghee, The Mellon Music Festival and lots of other talented performers “live” in years to come.
Jeff Simons, Owner, Watermelon Music
You can of course help us the old fashioned way!
1. Order your musical gear online or over the phone at [phone redacted]! We still offer same-day local delivery and curbside pick-up.
2. Come by the store! We're located at 1970 Lake Blvd. in West Davis, and we're open Monday through Saturday 10am-6pm and Sunday 12pm-3pm. We've got tons of instruments/accessories and an incredibly knowledgeable/fun staff.
3. Give us a follow on Instagram and Facebook! we make informative and hilarious content every day!
4. Rent an instrument! Our rental program is rent-to-own starting as low as $15/month! We rent all sorts of band and orchestra instruments so if any of the instruments on our rental list interest you, renting is a perfect way to start.
5. Take lessons from a Watermelon Music Teacher! We've got a teacher for just about every instrument, and if you buy an instrument from us, the first lesson is FREE!
- Dolores Sears
- Susan Curry
- Richard Breedon
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more